All-New Member

Default What civilizations could Disney Canon Star Wars win in a fight?

Star Wars used to be one of the top major factions in science fiction. A single Star Wars civilization could go toe to toe with a Warhammer 40K faction and at least engage them in a fight. With Disney making the EU non canon it seems that Star Wars suffered a huge nerf in terms of firepower for Star Wars. There are only a handful of science fiction settings that I believe Disney could win against. So far those are:

The Verse(Firefly)
    Mass Effect
    nBSG
    Killzone
    Modern Halo
    Babylok 5 Younger Races(maybe)

What other science fiction factions could they win against and what is the strongest they could beat?
    Last edited by Gurgeh; 05-08-2021 at 12:24 PM.

I don’t think Star Wars would win against the Babylon 5 universe. Against the B5 humans and their alliance, maybe. But not the Vorlons and Shadows.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beadle View Post
    I don’t think Star Wars would win against the Babylon 5 universe. Against the B5 humans and their alliance, maybe. But not the Vorlons and Shadows.
    Yeah, I forgot to only mention the Younger Races in B5. Shadows, Vorlons, First Ones would be too OP for them.

Starcraft? Although that one has canonical long-range mind-control strong enough to fool an entire race of psykers.

Mighty Member

Star Wars still has some pretty significant attributes. They still have planet destroying weapons. The still have extremely fast travel speeds that let them cross a large galaxy in days at most. You can take Starkiller Base to a star, drain the star to wipe out that solar system, and then shoot the main weapon to destroy every planet in another solar system at interstellar distances. Rinse and repeat.

All-New Member

Quote Originally Posted by Twickster View Post
    Starcraft? Although that one has canonical long-range mind-control strong enough to fool an entire race of psykers.
    They would probably be able to beat most Starcraft ships with maybe the exception of the Spear of Adun.

Quote Originally Posted by StupidMoniker View Post
    Star Wars still has some pretty significant attributes. They still have planet destroying weapons. The still have extremely fast travel speeds that let them cross a large galaxy in days at most. You can take Starkiller Base to a star, drain the star to wipe out that solar system, and then shoot the main weapon to destroy every planet in another solar system at interstellar distances. Rinse and repeat.
    From what I understand, Star Wars ships are only stuck to using hyperlanes and would have a hard time traveling fast without them. Though I have also heard counter arguments where some sources say that SW vessels don't need them.
    Last edited by Gurgeh; 05-08-2021 at 05:51 PM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Gurgeh View Post
    From what I understand, Star Wars ships are only stuck to using hyperlanes and would have a hard time traveling fast without them. Though I have also heard counter arguments where some sources say that SW vessels don't need them.
    Hyperlanes are just mapped known safe routes. New hyperlanes can be mapped. There are also cannon hyperdrive jumps outside of hyperlanes, including the microjump of the Millenium Falcon in Episode 7. Even if they could only go from one star to the next nearest star at a time, that makes them massively more powerful than non-omnipotent Star Trek (though Discovery with appropriate navigator can outrun them with mushroom powers).