Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Canary can kill with a scream but like Superman when he punches someone...she holds back majority of the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jim Kelly View Post
    It seems to me, if one of the other shouters can generate a sound wave that's capable of causing Superman pain, then the vibrations would also impact everything else in range. What stops them from killing people or bringing down buildings and bridges while they're attacking the Caped Kryptonian? Sound waves propagate outward, so there's no stopping those vibrations in a natural environment. I think there would be a lot of collateral damage, before the attack on the Man of Steel would have any severe effect on him.
    Oh for sure. Anything that can hurt Clark should pretty much vaporize everything around him. And someone like Dinah, if she's capable of hurting Clark with her scream, would level entire neighborhoods at a minimum before Clark's ears began to ring.

But I do think she'd potentially be capable of pulling off such a sound. Of course, being able to hit that note and Clark *allowing* her to do so are two very different things.
    "We all know the truth: more connects us than separates us. But in times of crisis the wise build bridges, while the foolish build barriers. We must find a way to look after one another, as if we were one single tribe."

~ Black Panther.

-I think sonic attacks of a specific frequency should be able to hurt him.
    -I don't think his insides should be as strong as his outside either. Maybe stronger than normal humans. If all his muscles were 'super', the man won't be able to pee without cutting the toilet in half.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I say yes. Someone like Black Canary and Silver Banshee should be able to do some type of harm to him if they try hard enough.
    If Banshee's been amped up to a ridiculous level, sure, why not. But in that panel, it implies that base Banshee can't inflict that kind of pain.

I'm guessing the Black Canary one is from Injustice, which I would never cite to make an argument about canon (more out of spite than anything, TBH). So in the spirit of ignoring any ideas Injustice brings to the table, I'm deleting the panel from the quote box.

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    If Banshee's been amped up to a ridiculous level, sure, why not. But in that panel, it implies that base Banshee can't inflict that kind of pain.

I'm guessing the Black Canary one is from Injustice, which I would never cite to make an argument about canon (more out of spite than anything, TBH). So in the spirit of ignoring any ideas Injustice brings to the table, I'm deleting the panel from the quote box.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

My man.

Generally speaking, his ears and internal organs are as indestructible as the rest of him. He's not going to suffer much physical damage from a really loud sound. He's been at the epicenter of bombs (even nuclear ones) going off and been fine. Those are loud, you know. Clark deals with loud sounds all the time and at worst he gets a headache, maybe even an earbleed, but he's not down for the count unless he has to job.

Yes, when a man who can survive a nuclear blast (sound and all) is taken out by a screaming hero who can level a few blocks with their voice, he's jobbing.

People like Dinah or Banshee would give Clark a massive headache and possibly even disorient him, absolutely, but that power alone isn't going to do much else to the Man of Steel if we're looking at both of their power sets fairly. I understand everyone wants to find the way their hero can beat Superman, but sadly Dinah's is to call in a friend. Martial arts aren't going to do much to him and her cry just isn't in his weight class.

Some comic evidence from Injustice or the like isn't going to sway me because we've all seen published material which is absolute dogshit, such as Clark one-punching a hole in Diana in DCeased.

I think a good rule of thumb is that a lot of things can affect Superman if you catch him off guard, but once he braces himself your luck just ran out.

I think a good rule of thumb is that a lot of things can affect Superman if you catch him off guard, but once he braces himself your luck just ran out.

Yeah, this is basically what I said and how I feel. I like this clip as a good demo.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Yeah, that seems appropriate.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Ironically she's been heavily nerfed from her earliest appearances. I think aside from Austen, Walt Simonson, and the New 52 Supergirl, the only times she's featured in a story is to yell really loudly until someone shuts her up. She should be just as deadly to Superman as anyone.

Funny thing, that ended up reminding me that he finds Jimmy's signal watch annoying when up close. Not nearly the same as being hurt but maybe something to consider.
    Welcome or welcome back! Please check out the updated
    CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Astonishing Member mathew101281's Avatar

That’s how I see it to. I think he can turn his super hearing on an off to an extent. Otherwise I think every sudden load noise would disorient him.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuwagaton View Post
    Ironically she's been heavily nerfed from her earliest appearances. I think aside from Austen, Walt Simonson, and the New 52 Supergirl, the only times she's featured in a story is to yell really loudly until someone shuts her up. She should be just as deadly to Superman as anyone.
    Upon re-reading Secret Six, Jeanette is able to take out Wonder Woman with her sonic scream. But it's not just due to the sonic scream, it's down to it being combined with Jeanette forcing the listener to experience the feelings she had upon her mortal death.

I'm not as familiar with Silver Banshee, but if she has a similar power it stands to reason she could get a similar result with Superman.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Upon re-reading Secret Six, Jeanette is able to take out Wonder Woman with her sonic scream. But it's not just due to the sonic scream, it's down to it being combined with Jeanette forcing the listener to experience the feelings she had upon her mortal death.

I'm not as familiar with Silver Banshee, but if she has a similar power it stands to reason she could get a similar result with Superman.
    Yeah, that sounds more like magic using sound as a delivery system and would likely have a similar result on Clark.

Father Son Kamehameha < Kuwagaton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post

The sonic scream was just sound, but her voice itself was magic and could knock Superman unconscious or actually kill if she's able to speak your name.

Amazing Member

There is the frequency of resonance