Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DochaDocha View Post
    But Deathstroke has the unique ability to use 90% of his brain instead of 10% like us plebs that if he thought really hard, maybe 300 dB wouldn't affect him too much.
    Isn't this one just a myth? LOL

Slade's ultimate superpower is to have underage girls do the heavy lifting for him while he creeps on them

Quote Originally Posted by achilles View Post
    Not really, at least in my opinion. Kryptonians are not only invulnerable through and through, and they sundip. Given that the sound within the sun is vastly louder than anything possible on Earth, I doubt any Kryptonian would be in the least bit inconvenienced by it.

That said, I can recall one instance where it did work, on Power Girl in Gen Lost. That one had all sort of wrong associated

with it, (given that she can take the noise in the sun, why would she be effected by a much less intense sound generated by a Rocket Red). And it's been used on SM as well. Don't know about SG. Point is, given their other powers, it makes no sense.

Then again, neither red suns nor Kryptonite really make much sense either as weaknesses.
    How loud is the inside of the sun?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    They probably Googled "the loudest thing on earth" and gave her the decibel range on that. XD
    Krakatoa in 1883 was heard 3,000 miles away and clocked in at 180 dB. Dinah isn't that strong. The writer absolutely just made **** up. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Krakatoa in 1883 was heard 3,000 miles away and clocked in at 180 dB. Dinah isn't that strong. The writer absolutely just made **** up. lol
    The loudest animal on Earth is the Sperm Whale and measures at about 230 dB

That's loud enough to cause a person's internal organs to vibrate and can is considered lethal. They could just make that her max.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I don't think loud sounds are any more harmful just because he has great hearing. He has a great sense of touch but that doesn't mean he has a special weakness to sand paper. Those loud sonics from Black Canary hurt anybody.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Isn't this one just a myth? LOL

Slade's ultimate superpower is to have underage girls do the heavy lifting for him while he creeps on them
    Oh yeah, absolutely a myth. Just joking about how someone read some inaccurate pop-sci and made it into a comic book character.

Astonishing Member Johnny Thunders!'s Avatar

I think, because of his invulnerability, he would be able to endure sounds that liquify regular people AND he can hear sounds we can't. Just like he has microscopic vision, but he is still able to stare at the sun.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

The loudest animal on Earth is the Sperm Whale and measures at about 230 dB

That's loud enough to cause a person's internal organs to vibrate and can is considered lethal. They could just make that her max.
    Didn't know that about the sperm whale, that's pretty rad. I think that's fair, but even then, again, I don't see her messing up the Superman/Wonder Woman weight class.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Didn't know that about the sperm whale, that's pretty rad. I think that's fair, but even then, again, I don't see her messing up the Superman/Wonder Woman weight class.
    Yeah they’d shrug that off.

Extraordinary Member

How loud is the inside of the sun?
    Best estimate for the sound on the surface of the sun is 329 decibels, which would kill you instantly, (apart from radiation and heat, and trauma).

The band Deep Purple had 117 decibels. It knocked unconscious some people standing too near.