Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    But when it's said and done, this is why I don't really take the X-men movies as serious when discussing discrimination in movies.
    Honestly I think this from the MCU POV is fine, only because it prepares us of what is coming with MCU X-men but like I always say, MCU XMEN is just that, it will be a different form of xmen. I dont even think xmen movies in the future would be taken seriously with anything anyway not just the themes of discrimination , so we can agree on something.

Let's see, not counting borderline examples, like biracial actors Halle Berry, Olivia Munn, and Blu Hunt, being cast as older Storm, Psylocke, and Dani Moonstar (since it's unclear if the characters are also supposed to be considered biracial, too), we have:
    Also I think people need to careful when they star saying ''bi-racial'' and I say this as a person of color, who is not bi racial but have bi racial family members.

Halle Berry maybe bi racial but she still looks full Black like Barack Obama or Venessa Williams, who are all bi racial , but not only do they not look very bi racial, they don't call themselves bi racial, they call themselves black. regardless of Halle Berry, Obama, Venessa been bi racial by biology, None of them can still pass for white or another race. Beyoncé is not Bi racial but she is lighter in skin complexation than halle Berry and I saw how some cheered when there was a rumour she will play Storm in MCU X-MEN. which is hypocrisy at the finest but a usual thing with Marvel Studio reactions because people said fox should have gone for a dark skinned Storm.

If Halle cannot be storm or was not good enough, then Beyoncé who has a lighter skin than Halle should not be. Halle hardly even looks light skinned in her movies as Beyonce does in her music videos or movies.

So when people say bi racial as attempt to assume they are less black especially for comic book debates, it can comes of as quite ignorant and even borderline offensive , ask Halle Berry herself when she slammed a podcaster of comparing the shades of black women.

https://www.fox5dc.com/news/halle-be...-by-radio-host
    Halle Berry slams 'disgusting' comments regarding skin color preference by radio host.

Please have the comic bookie debate of fictional characters but when you step into realism and make it about actors based on superficial narrative of which comic book is better than which, it becomes too much...even for me. just because some of this actors were not bi racial in the book, does not mean a bi racial actor cannot play them if the shoes fits.
    Last edited by Castle; 05-17-2021 at 03:10 AM.