Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 152122232425

The more I think about it. How many male heroes should he considered Honorary Amazons? So far I was thinking of Steve and maybe Dick Grayson due to his relationship with Donna. Anyone else ?

I hope we get a B&W version. I wonder do you guys think in Historia we might see other things from older runs like the magic sphere ?

Do Amazons celebrate Christmas?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    They actually celebrate Diana's Day on Dec 25th as part of their Yule festivities. Well, at least in the Golden Age. From what I remember, it's essentially Christmas, but with Amazon games.

http://gone-and-forgotten.blogspot.c...stmas.html?m=1
    Last edited by rayray1127; 12-25-2021 at 09:35 AM. Reason: Forgot to attach link.
    Peace and love to ALL!
    Ray
    **=w=**

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post

I'm kind of curious before Diana should some Amazons have left Paradise Island? Like abandoned the Amazonian ways for whatever reason?

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm kind of curious before Diana should some Amazons have left Paradise Island? Like abandoned the Amazonian ways for whatever reason?
    The banas did.

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    The banas did.
    Was it for religious reasons or political infighting?

Quote Originally Posted by MarquisAsh View Post
    The banas did.
    The Banas ( at least the Post Crisis version) did not leave the Island. Thry never lived there. After the enslavement of the Amazons, and their escape from Heracles and his men, the Amazons had forsaken their ways and taken revengevagainst their captors. The Amazons split at that point. Those who wanted to continue their purpose and follow the way of the Goddesses went with Hippolyta to the island. Antiope reject the Goddesses, and those who followed her went continued to live inthe Patriarch's world, eventually becoming the Bana.

I dont know idvthat followed suit post 52 post Rebirth.
    Last edited by wonder39; 12-26-2021 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wonder39 View Post
    The Banas ( at least the Post Vrusis version) did not leave the Island. Thry never lived there. After the enslavement of the Amazons, and their escape from Heracles and his men, the Amazons had forsaken their ways and taken revengevagainst their captors. The Amazons split at that point. Those who wanted to continue their purpose and follow the way of the Goddesses went with Hippolyta to the island. Antiope reject the Goddesses, and those who followed her went continued to live inthe Patriarch's world, eventually becoming the Bana.

I dont know idvthat followed suit post 52 post Rebirth.
    Probably mostly the same, Rucka referenced the Bana in Cheetah's solo issue in his run and he re-established the details of the Amazons being reincarnated souls charged with guarding something while on the island.

Though details are different obviously like Antiope still being with the Themyscira tribe rather than leaving and guarding Ares' prison instead of Doom's Doorway.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Yeah, Mishkins run pre crisis had established a group of Amazons who had chosen to leave the island, believing Aphrodites law of never leaving an island to be a test of their dedication to love and they wound up settling in the same general region as the Aztec stuff. 'Operating in the shadows to better the world'

Some of the Amazons from Scott's snippet of her issue of Historia.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Some of the Amazons from Scott's snippet of her issue of Historia.

Phillipus, Antiope and (I think) Cydippe.

Jimenez did such great designs that I can tell who they are immediately, and I'm overjoyed that Scott isn't shirking on the detail and uniqueness (not that I really doubted her).

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Phillipus, Antiope and (I think) Cydippe.

Jimenez did such great designs that I can tell who they are immediately, and I'm overjoyed that Scott isn't shirking on the detail and uniqueness (not that I really doubted her).
    Yeah, I was hoping the Amazons would look the same since she and Ha will have their own takes on the Gods.