Page 23 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1319202122232425 LastLast

Bad ass ladies. Didn't expect the feather headdress to be glowing though.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

It's weird that I'm TERRIFIED of snakes in reality, but love all the snake imagery in this book. Pyralis's design is awesome. I think she might be part of the Demeter tribe considering all the snakes and lizards associated with her.

With a better close up of Epione's face, does she look Asian to anyone else? I had hoped she would be, as I believe they cast an Asian actress for her in the movie and wanted that to carry over. That and Euboea shouldn't have to be the only one.

Snakes are a symbol of healing in Greek myth IIRC.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

Been thinking on the seventh tribe of Amazons that will be for Historia #2, thinking that tribe will the be the one Hippolyta will become the Queen of.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Been thinking on the seventh tribe of Amazons that will be for Historia #2, thinking that tribe will the be the one Hippolyta will become the Queen of.
    Yeah definitely, and I think it will be based around Hera. Considering Hera's separate from the other 6 goddesses and is still being treated as the biggest deal of the narrative, and she appears to be observing Hippolyta in the last image Jimenez posted of her.

We also do have confirmation that Nubia and Alkyone will be in this, but now I'm wondering if they will actually be part of the original 30 Amazons born in book 1 or if they will be introduced in book 2 as part of Hippolyta's tribe. Which in turn makes me curious if Phil didn't just stop at designing these 30, but created the art direction for Amazons appearing in the next books as well.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah definitely, and I think it will be based around Hera. Considering Hera's separate from the other 6 goddesses and is still being treated as the biggest deal of the narrative, and she appears to be observing Hippolyta in the last image Jimenez posted of her.

We also do have confirmation that Nubia and Alkyone will be in this, but now I'm wondering if they will actually be part of the original 30 Amazons born in book 1 or if they will be introduced in book 2 as part of Hippolyta's tribe. Which in turn makes me curious if Phil didn't just stop at designing these 30, but created the art direction for Amazons appearing in the next books as well.
    Yeah, I'm thinking the seventh tribe will end up being normal women from ancient Greece who weren't reincarnated as part of the Well of Souls.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jimenez's art influences Ha's and Scott's takes on the Amazons. Though I believe she, or he did, said they'll go their own way when it comes to the Gods.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Yeah, I'm thinking the seventh tribe will end up being normal women from ancient Greece who weren't reincarnated as part of the Well of Souls.

I wouldn't be surprised if Jimenez's art influences Ha's and Scott's takes on the Amazons. Though I believe she, or he did, said they'll go their own way when it comes to the Gods.
    I think both Ha and Scott both said they would be doing their own takes.

And Kelly Sue did say in that last interview that each book would begin with a double page six-column spread of the 6 Amazon goddesses and then Hera getting her own double page spread right after, and that they would be Ha and Scott's (and any other future artists) interpretations.

We saw the Amazons being born out of fiery pool in Jiminez's sketches. So there could be a tribe of Amazons who are created purely by the Goddesses (like the Marston version).

I think Hippolyta is gonna die and be resurrected as an Amazon.
    ~I just keep swimming through these threads~

I think both Ha and Scott both said they would be doing their own takes.

And Kelly Sue did say in that last interview that each book would begin with a double page six-column spread of the 6 Amazon goddesses and then Hera getting her own double page spread right after, and that they would be Ha and Scott's (and any other future artists) interpretations.
    Yeah, I'm really looking forward to what Scott and Ha's interpretations will be. Makes me really hope we get the other books since I'd love to see someone like Sharp on an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    I think Hippolyta is gonna die and be resurrected as an Amazon.
    Yeah, I think the first issue will end with Hippolyta becoming an official Amazon (whether resurrected as one or just taken in by them)

I'm curious how many tribes of Amazons outside of Themyscria should exist. So far we have Banas, now Yara. What about Asia amazons?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    We saw the Amazons being born out of fiery pool in Jiminez's sketches. So there could be a tribe of Amazons who are created purely by the Goddesses (like the Marston version).
    From what he's implying, I think the ones from the firey pool will be Hestia's Amazons. Aphrodite's are going to be coming from the sea, while Demeter's are coming from the Earth and Artemis's from the woods.

Not sure how Athena or Hecate's Amazons will be born though

From what he's implying, I think the ones from the firey pool will be Hestia's Amazons. Aphrodite's are going to be coming from the sea, while Demeter's are coming from the Earth and Artemis's from the woods.

Not sure how Athena or Hecate's Amazons will be born though
    Athena's - maybe from someone's forehead

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious how many tribes of Amazons outside of Themyscria should exist. So far we have Banas, now Yara. What about Asia amazons?
    There was a Chinese Amazon group back in the Golden Age but that story is very dated.

There is a WW equivalent on the Chinese JL though.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    2 to 3 max. Luckily right now there are only 2 since Yaras tribe aren't Amazons but something completely different.