Page 12 of 25 FirstFirst ... 2891011121314151622 ... LastLast

The Banas definitely need retooling.

I always took it as Amazonia was the Amazons of the myth then after it fell, the Amazons relocated to Themyscira and Bana was an off shoot.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    The Banas definitely need retooling.

I always took it as Amazonia was the Amazons of the myth then after it fell, the Amazons relocated to Themyscira and Bana was an off shoot.
    That pretty was much their origin in Gods and Mortals and stuff going back to the GA. Though Perez incorporated calling the island Themyscira in addition to it being the name of their homeland/city-state prior to Hercules' enslavement.

I think also the implication in Perez’s run was that once the Amazons on the islands sealed themselves off, the tribe that became the Bana filled in the roles in Greek myth stories that involved Amazons (Theseus, the Trojan War).
    Last edited by Gaius; 06-12-2021 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    That pretty much their origin in Gods and Mortals and stuff going back to the GA. Though Perez incorporated calling the island also Themyscira in addition to being the name of their homeland/city-state pre-Hercules enslavement.

I think also the implication in Perez’s run was that once the Amazons on the islands sealed themselves off, the tribe that became the Bana filled in the roles in Greek myth stories that involved Amazons (Theseus, the Trojan War).
    Yup. This. Then we had both versions vs all the mythological Amazon stuff being forced upon the Themyscira versions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Oh boy...those fashions.
    That is Phillipus, right? What is she wearing?

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Oh boy...those fashions.
    That is Phillipus, right? What is she wearing?
    Why only the latest in Themyscirian fashion, dear!

Aren’t you subscribe to Paradise Island Monthly?

Hippolyta and Philipus from the most recent backup.

Gonna have a lot more content for this thread in October. : p

I'm curious what do you guys think about Amazons at one point having connected with their other tribes? If they have been bringing back the magic sphere. What if each queen used it to talk with each other.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious what do you guys think about Amazons at one point having connected with their other tribes? If they have been bringing back the magic sphere. What if each queen used it to talk with each other.
    Personally im all for it. So long as it is simply opening relations between them and the other tribes not simply being absorbed into Themyscira and their unique elements stamped down to just make them the same as the Themyscira branch

That's what Steve Orlando did in Annual 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Personally im all for it. So long as it is simply opening relations between them and the other tribes not simply being absorbed into Themyscira and their unique elements stamped down to just make them the same as the Themyscira branch
    I agree with that. They all come for special occasions or maybe some of them have families. Maybe this could be an explanation if there are kids on the Island. This I question if only the Paradise Island should be Immortal. Okay so how many tribes should there be? Like maybe even on the Island there isn't just one tribe. Like if we have the doom gate we have a tribe around that awate.

I agree with that. They all come for special occasions or maybe some of them have families. Maybe this could be an explanation if there are kids on the Island. This I question if only the Paradise Island should be Immortal. Okay so how many tribes should there be? Like maybe even on the Island there isn't just one tribe. Like if we have the doom gate we have a tribe around that awate.
    Id think five would be a fairly workable number. Though I can see it being pushed to seven since theres seemingly seven of everything.

How they would be approached however ive no idea. Not the least of which being that over the years theres been quite a few tribes of Amazons

We have 1 tribe based in "Greece" i.e. Themyscira, 1 in Egypt aka the Bana, 1 in Brazil that we don't know the name of..... any other interesting spots? I was thinking China, they have some fun mythologies to play around with.

Edit: also India and Hindu mythology would be cool too.
    Last edited by Perseus; 06-21-2021 at 03:49 PM.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor