Page 15 of 25 FirstFirst ... 5111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Hope Sharp does some more WW someday, especially after seeing his GL work.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    So guys how many countries should the amazons be in? You want some Amazons to be in the USA? Maybe be in a magically city? I know some have said it. But there is an idea that Gateway City should be a real city where it exist in it's own realm. So maybe there are amazons there. Both humans and magically creatures.
    I think the idea of Amazons having spies all over the world is too similar to the Watchdogs from Black Panther plus Themyscira is usually even more isolated than Wakanda.

My ideal take is that the Amazons are isolated but occasionally they go on expeditions to Man's World to study their technology and gather information. They keep up to date on the rest of the world using their magic-technology. Also, that Diana wasn't the first Amazon to win the contest and go to Man's World to fulfill the will of Gods but she was the first to reveal the existence of the Amazons to Mans World and chose to stay there to fight for a better world. I think Perez touched on this idea but I think deserves to be built up more.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I don't know about the movies but in the comics I believe it's stated that there are between 100,000- 200,000 Amazons.
    No it's more like 5,000 at the most in any iteration I've seen.

Is the amazons film that Patty Jenkins hinted at still on track to be made? Was it ever confirmed by WB?

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    Is the amazons film that Patty Jenkins hinted at still on track to be made? Was it ever confirmed by WB?
    As far as we know it's still on, and it was confirmed. She and Geoff Johns wrote the script but she won't be directing - instead she'll be producing.

After the criticisms about WW84 that may or may not be a good thing, we'll see. I just hope they get another woman director.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    As far as we know it's still on, and it was confirmed. She and Geoff Johns wrote the script but she won't be directing - instead she'll be producing.

After the criticisms about WW84 that may or may not be a good thing, we'll see. I just hope they get another woman director.
    Thanks! I hope it happens because there is so much potential!!!
    I wonder who will be the central character[s]??
    I wonder what the tone will be.

Patty is also working on that Star Wars movie so she might not have time for that Amazons series yet. We haven't heard anything new about any of the DCEU spin off shows that DC has planned.

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    No it's more like 5,000 at the most in any iteration I've seen.
    I checked and it looks like you're right. I must have been mixing up canon and head canon again.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by HestiasHearth View Post
    It was never officially picked up. Patty/Geoff only made a pitch/story. It was supposed to come out before WW3, I doubt itll happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    It was never officially picked up. Patty/Geoff only made a pitch/story. It was supposed to come out before WW3, I doubt itll happen.
    DCU officially canceled The Trench and New Gods, but said nothing about the Amazons movie, that means it is still happen

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    DCU officially canceled The Trench and New Gods, but said nothing about the Amazons movie, that means it is still happen
    Was it ever officially picked up, though? I'm not sure if it was ever greenlit.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sebastianne View Post
    It has to be picked up first. The Trench and New Gods were actually ordered.

Then I will hold on to my hope

I still hear some people refer to this Patty Jenkins project as a movie while others refer to it as a TV series. I wonder what it ends up being.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I think the idea of Amazons having spies all over the world is too similar to the Watchdogs from Black Panther plus Themyscira is usually even more isolated than Wakanda.

My ideal take is that the Amazons are isolated but occasionally they go on expeditions to Man's World to study their technology and gather information. They keep up to date on the rest of the world using their magic-technology. Also, that Diana wasn't the first Amazon to win the contest and go to Man's World to fulfill the will of Gods but she was the first to reveal the existence of the Amazons to Mans World and chose to stay there to fight for a better world. I think Perez touched on this idea but I think deserves to be built up more.
    True. I could see that some like the Bana's wanted to stay in the mortal realm but still had connections with Paradise Island. If we want to go with what Azz was doing. It should be that a few of the amazons got pregnant with consent and took the babies with them. No killing or anything. However, the best option is through the centuries of leaving they have found many babies abandoned or children harmed so they took them back to the Island.

One most important thing is how the Amazons should be with Steve. I feel like due to how much work. Steve should in a way carry also the titlnyone on the Island have to wear cert e of Ambassador. That maybe for a while he was the only man to be on the Island but after a while they allowed who Diana or Steve allowed too.

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    True. I could see that some like the Bana's wanted to stay in the mortal realm but still had connections with Paradise Island. If we want to go with what Azz was doing. It should be that a few of the amazons got pregnant with consent and took the babies with them. No killing or anything. However, the best option is through the centuries of leaving they have found many babies abandoned or children harmed so they took them back to the Island.

One most important thing is how the Amazons should be with Steve. I feel like due to how much work. Steve should in a way carry also the titlnyone on the Island have to wear cert e of Ambassador. That maybe for a while he was the only man to be on the Island but after a while they allowed who Diana or Steve allowed too.
    I wouldn't touch on the Rapazons, unless it was a backstory for Alkyone involving her and her supporting killing some men on a ship during an expedition and an angered Hippolyta banished Alkyone and her supporters from Paradise Island. I suggested the expeditions as a way for the Amazons to gather knowledge and gain first hand experience of the outside world. I think it would be a cliche if the focus was on the Amazons getting pregnant or killing or looting Man's World.

I like the idea of the Amazons adopting babies or getting pregnant through entirely consensual relationships though. Obviously, if it's a girl Amazon they can always bring them back to Paradise Island but what happens if they left behind a boy? Leaving them in Man's World wouldn't be unfair.

One of the more radical ideas I have been thinking of is; what if Amazons can't get pregnant? After all their bodies were created by the Greek Goddesses in order to teach the world about love and peace, protect Doom's Doorway and to serve as a check against Ares. I'm not a fan of the Greek Goddesses victim blaming the Amazons and that being the reason why Antiope separated from Hippolyta. Maybe she didn't want to live in isolation guarding a doorway and chose to renounce her immortality, there that's the new origin for the Bana.