Page 16 of 25 FirstFirst ... 6121314151617181920 ... LastLast

While I know they've only had a few limited appearances, which animated movie/show has featured your favorite version of the Amazons? For me, it would have to be the Amazons from the 2009 Wonder Woman film.

We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

It's the 2009 movie for me as well since that's the one where they featured the Amazons the most.

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    While I know they've only had a few limited appearances, which animated movie/show has featured your favorite version of the Amazons? For me, it would have to be the Amazons from the 2009 Wonder Woman film.

The 2017 movie.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

I loved everything abou tthe 2009 WW dtv amazons/WW.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The 2017 movie.
    Same here. The Gal Gadot blockbuster and the 2009 animated WW film had my favorite non-comic-book version of the DC amazons.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I loved everything abou tthe 2009 WW dtv amazons/WW.
    I thought they were portrayed well, too. It was a nice take on the Amazons and I really liked Artemis and Hippolyta as well. I always liked this scene:

Although I always wondered: That ending battle is suppose to be in D.C., right? If so, D.C. is almost 200 miles away from the ocean so its humorous to see the Amazons literally sail into D.C. like that. The winged-horses are dope too.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

That is funny. The opening was SO GOOD, that is the kind of opening that I wish the first film had.

Where is this from and what is the context? Are those Bana's attacking the Themysciran Amazons?

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Where is this from and what is the context? Are those Bana's attacking the Themysciran Amazons?
    WW 169 (Vol.2), "Paradise Lost", from Phil Jimenez's run. It's an Amazon Civil War between the Bana and Themyscira tribes but both sides were manipulated into it by Amazon called Magala.
    Last edited by Gaius; 07-11-2021 at 06:11 PM.

I hope one day we can see a version adapted to the big screen/tv screen. Especially just to see how they handle these immortal Amazons coming to contact with these Amazons who grew up without that gift and lived outside of Paradise.

WW 169 (Vol.2), "Paradise Lost", from Phil Jimenez's run. It's an Amazon Civil War between the Bana and Themyscira tribes but both sides were manipulated into it by Amazon called Magala.
    Ah I remember this. And the real Magala had been killed by Circe and replaced with Ariadne the wife of Theseus who Theseus threw away because hes an asshat. And....Blamed the Amazons for some reason?

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Ah I remember this. And the real Magala had been killed by Circe and replaced with Ariadne the wife of Theseus who Theseus threw away because hes an asshat. And....Blamed the Amazons for some reason?
    As someone who didn't read the Byrne run when I got to this, that made it a very confusing point.

And Fury was there for some reason also.