Page 2 of 25 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    My big hope for Historia too since Diana won't be in it 'till probably the tail-end.

Yeah, I tend to be surprised by the amount of Amazons Perez ended up making that still end up popping up. Few of the ones from the Young Diana backup in the current series are apparently some obscure ones he also created.
    Yeah, the back ups have already featured or name dropped Hellene, Clio, Oeneone and Calyce from the Perez run, along with Althea. I wonder if there is some sort of coordination with the Black Label books and this is an indication of who we will see in Historia? Oenone is already named dropped in Philippus's bio, plus we have some deep cuts with Consivia, Venilia and Timandra. I suspect most of the 30 Amazons in the first issue will be from Perez, specifically his opening arcs and annual #1. Io is the one that's really throwing me off of that though. I suspect she will be one of the few non-Perez ones to show up, along with most likely Alkyone and maybe Areto from Rebirth.

Remember when I first saw this I thought the bird's wings were part of the helmet. Even if they were, would exactly be out of place with the rest of the designs.

I'd pretty much buy an entire book that was just Jimenez's concept art/sketches for this series at this point.
    Hell same (to both the bird thing and the sketches lol)

I think Consivia has my favorite armor of the bunch so far, and that's no mean feat.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Yeah, the back ups have already featured or name dropped Hellene, Clio, Oeneone and Calyce from the Perez run, along with Althea. I wonder if there is some sort of coordination with the Black Label books and this is an indication of who we will see in Historia? Oenone is already named dropped in Philippus's bio, plus we have some deep cuts with Consivia, Venilia and Timandra. I suspect most of the 30 Amazons in the first issue will be from Perez, specifically his opening arcs and annual #1. Io is the one that's really throwing me off of that though. I suspect she will be one of the few non-Perez ones to show up, along with most likely Alkyone and maybe Areto from Rebirth.

Hell same (to both the bird thing and the sketches lol)

I think Consivia has my favorite armor of the bunch so far, and that's no mean feat.
    I'd hope so, depending on how it goes I'd love for it to end up being Themyscira's canon backstory like how Year One was for Bats for decades.

Concept art of the Amazons for the first WW film.

Why do the films always go with such dull designs. No bright colors at all. Where are the reds, blues and whites.

Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    Why do the films always go with such dull designs. No bright colors at all. Where are the reds, blues and whites.
    Rome and Greece were filled with such bright vibrant colors; shades of reds, yellows, oranges, greens, violets, blues, gold and silver. Movies are just like nope.... browns, just browns and not much else.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Rome and Greece were filled with such bright vibrant colors; shades of reds, yellows, oranges, greens, violets, blues, gold and silver. Movies are just like nope.... browns, just browns and not much else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gitagon View Post
    Heh, this the first time I’ve heard that complaint about the films.

I remember when the first movie came out some of the people were comparing, positively, how Themyscira looked compared Snyder films.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-09-2021 at 03:51 PM.

Heh, this the first time I’ve heard that complaint about the films.

I remember when the first movie came out one of the people were comparing how Themyscira looked compared Snyder films.
    God, Themyscira looked so bland in Justice League. Why would you make a place called Paradise Island drab?

I was wondering why they would armor up everything besides their abs. I mean, they look great but defeats the purpose of body armor.

rs_1024x600-171114112842-1024-amazonians-wonder-woman-justice-league.jpg

why is the single titty out look actually used as armor for the military and not just amazon fashion? I get the reference but its not realistic in the least.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I was wondering why they would armor up everything besides their abs. I mean, they look great but defeats the purpose of body armor.

rs_1024x600-171114112842-1024-amazonians-wonder-woman-justice-league.jpg
    TBH its not like it would have helped considering the performance against the parademons.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    God, Themyscira looked so bland in Justice League. Why would you make a place called Paradise Island drab?
    Looked cools her own films imo, so that's all that matters to me.

Some of the concept art for the island is pretty cool.

Looked cools her own films imo, so that's all that matters to me.

Some of the concept art for the island is pretty cool.
    Indeed. Definitely a place I'd wanna vacation at when it's not being attacked by parademons.

If nothing else, I liked the selection of characters for the Amazon cast in the Earth One books and I certainly loved the way Themyscira looked in the present. While Historia will be their definitive origin story, I feel like this is the definitive present day advanced Paradise Island. Loved the fashions, architecture and technology, all the mythological creatures and the Amazons making contact with alternate Earth counterparts. That's a really neat way to bring in Queen Desira, Astra, Celertia, etc. all the matriarchs from other planets in the Golden Age that wouldn't be able to be pulled off the same way in the modern age. Characterizations and "yay brainwashing!" in their past can be left, but I'd love the designs to be ported over to main canon ASAP:

Earth 1 Amazon cast.JPG

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    A lot of the locations in that movie looked exactly the same. Paradise Island looks exactly like Earth when Darkseid invaded it the first time. The solo WW movies aren't my preferred version either, but they still look WAY better.

Paradise-island-earth-1-1.jpg

Artemis Faction Amazon.jpg

(Phil hasn't named that one when he shared the picture, but I have a hunch this is Pythia. She's said to be Aella's consort and would likely be in the Artemis tribe).

Venilia and Timandra.jpg

Amazons.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Artemis Faction Amazon.jpg

(Phil hasn't named that one when he shared the picture, but I have a hunch this is Pythia. She's said to be Aella's consort and would likely be in the Artemis tribe).

Venilia and Timandra.jpg

Amazons.jpg
    I have similar feeling one of the ones he posted in the pic from the previous page is Alkyone.

Would make some sense if she was in tribe where Artemis was her patron.