Page 20 of 25 FirstFirst ... 10161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Funny thing the Wonder Woman Newspaper comics actually fully explain the origin of Etta. Remember Diana talks about how she already knew Etta. Not only that but the Newspaper comic retcon the Nurse Diana story.

Wonder Woman: The Complete Newspaper Strip shows us a more different that Diana didn't have to hide her face or buy her id

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Short answer: yes.
    I was thinking like we have tribes more focusing on arts or where the doomgate is there is a tribe there more war like than most.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 09-29-2021 at 09:33 AM.

I never heard of the WW: Newspaper comics before. Now I'm curious.

I think Themsycira can have their own sub cultures but at the same there could be other tribes of elsewhere in the world, some of which are more violent while others are more peaceful.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Another week of Titans another showcasing of Lydia who is able to teleport from Themiscryia to the middle of nowhere to fight Donna and tell her about her dead Amazonian daughter Angela.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    Max 1 or 2 outside of the island. Mini tribes within the island. Themiscryia should have the largest amount of Amazons. The Bana's numbers should've reduced significantly through the ages and maybe less than 100-200 of them. If that.
    I don't see why that would be true. They're not immortal but they've been bartering their incredible weapons and mercenary skills for thousands of years for cash and sperm to make more Bana Amazons. If anything there may be more of them than the Themyscirans who constantly get slaughtered with no means of replenishment.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Koriand'r View Post
    I don't see why that would be true. They're not immortal but they've been bartering their incredible weapons and mercenary skills for thousands of years for cash and sperm to make more Bana Amazons. If anything there may be more of them than the Themyscirans who constantly get slaughtered with no means of replenishment.
    The Bana arent always going to have girls, not to mention that i doubt that they are going to be having thousands of daughters and they could go through a phase of not reproducing as much or those that have decided not to follow the Amazon path and leave the tribe.

Themiscryia always has thousands of Amazons no matter how many get killed off and if they "reproduce" through the well of souls with new Amazons washing ashore every X amount of years, that'd be a perfect way to keep them at a reasonable number.

Incredible Member

Last edited by gwhh; 10-02-2021 at 10:02 AM.

Melanippe in Historia:

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Each new Amazons design is my new favorite.

Menalippe most likely being in the Hecate tribe is an interesting new take on her. I was expecting Artemis tribe since then she'd be somewhat connected to Apollo like she was in the Perez run.
    Penelope might be in her faction as well. There are a few Amazons with similar headdresses in the group shot Phil has been teasing.

What a change.

From Historia: the birth of the Amazons.

Screenshot 2021-10-17 at 00-48-07 Phil Jimenez on Instagram “Birth of an #Amazon.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVFyr9SLCQ3/

Nubia's birth from 'Nubia and the Amazons':

Huh, so the well of souls is officially back in continuity. The clay origin may not be far behind...

Sadly the newspaper comics is out of stock

Incredible Member

Which comic issue is this from?

From Historia: the birth of the Amazons.

Screenshot 2021-10-17 at 00-48-07 Phil Jimenez on Instagram “Birth of an #Amazon.jpg

https://www.instagram.com/p/CVFyr9SLCQ3/

Nubia's birth from 'Nubia and the Amazons':

It's mentioned in the post itself. 'Wonder Woman: Historia' and 'Nubia and the Amazons'. Neither of which have been released yet. These are teases and previews.

....Nubia's birth from 'Nubia and the Amazons':

Great artwork btw. One of my biggest complaints with modern American comic books is their lazy artwork or what I call the "Steve Universe" style (soft lines, undefined backgrounds, stock facial expressions, a lack of visually dynamic action). This, however, is fantastic it visually pops great stuff.
    "So you've come to the end now alive but dead inside."