Page 24 of 25 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    I'm curious how many tribes of Amazons outside of Themyscria should exist. So far we have Banas, now Yara. What about Asia amazons?
    Two to three at max. Anymore and it becomes more like the non-Green Lantern Corps where there's simply too much of them with only some surface level differences.

Fortunately it seems between Historia, Nubia, and Bana backups the two main tribes I care about are getting some focus/development.

I don't think there should be an actual number given. Themyscira and the Bana are the two main ones but it should be treated as thought there could always be more out there.

Last edited by Gaius; 11-30-2021 at 02:54 PM.

Do you guys think the Amazons the should keep their sexism despite a guy like Steve showing them that not all men are evil like they faced?

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by AmiMizuno View Post
    Do you guys think the Amazons the should keep their sexism despite a guy like Steve showing them that not all men are evil like they faced?
    Some should, some shouldn't. They can have varied opinions. Some downright do not trust men, some are interested, and some look at them like toys like they did in the tv show.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I often wonder what do you guys think the Amazons can vote for their government but much like the queen of England they don't vote for a queen?

[QUOTE=Primal Slayer;5849271]Some should, some shouldn't. They can have varied opinions. Some downright do not trust men, some are interested, and some look at them like toys like they did in the tv show.

This makes me wonder what if there was a se cert group of amazons who do have husbands or rather consorts. Like how some have them has items or some have them has consorts but no one knows.

Looks like the seventh tribe in Historia will be founded by Hippolyta.

Wonder if we’ll see any familiar names in that tribe like the other six.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

My tiniest nitpick about E1 Amazons is that I think they all should have the same gauntlets made out of the same unbreakable material that is only found on Themiscryia and/or with Hephaestus. Helps differentiate the Bana from the Themiscryians and a further reason why the Bana would want the island.
    Last edited by Primal Slayer; 12-17-2021 at 04:50 PM.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Looks like the seventh tribe in Historia will be founded by Hippolyta.

Wonder if we’ll see any familiar names in that tribe like the other six.
    I'm wondering how many of the old names were down to Jimenez since he's a walking WW encyclopedia. The major ones like Antiope and Philippus were probably down to both Jimenez and DeConnick but I wouldn't be surprised if she gave him free license to pick some of the other ones. The likes of Timandra, Egeria, Niobe, Consivia etc. all scream him.

So maybe these ones will all be new? Or maybe this will be where Circe shows up.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    I'm wondering how many of the old names were down to Jimenez since he's a walking WW encyclopedia. The major ones like Antiope and Philippus were probably down to both Jimenez and DeConnick but I wouldn't be surprised if she gave him free license to pick some of the other ones. The likes of Timandra, Egeria, Niobe, Consivia etc. all scream him.

So maybe these ones will all be new? Or maybe this will be where Circe shows up.
    Good point. I imagine maybe the Queens of the tribe DeConnick also picked but yeah, Orana was definitely there because of Jimenez.

I also noticed since all tier sheets were abridged they left out stuff like each Amazon tribe having a unique power (Hestia's = fireproof, Artemis' = animal empathy), so I wonder if we'll see some of that in the next issue.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Good point. I imagine maybe the Queens of the tribe DeConnick also picked but yeah, Orana was definitely there because of Jimenez.

I also noticed since all tier sheets were abridged they left out stuff like each Amazon tribe having a unique power (Hestia's = fireproof, Artemis' = animal empathy), so I wonder if we'll see some of that in the next issue.
    Penthesilea seems set up to be the most important queen after Antiope and Hippolyta. So I agree that at least Antiope and Penthesilea were chosen by DeConnick. Maybe Menalippe as well since she's the fourth sister in actual myth. Io, Pythia and Hellene I'm 50/50 on.

I hope we get the full tear sheets in the collected edition. The abridged ones are still great, but are a bit of a letdown after the full versions Jimenez teased.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Penthesilea seems set up to be the most important queen after Antiope and Hippolyta. So I agree that at least Antiope and Penthesilea were chosen by DeConnick. Maybe Menalippe as well since she's the fourth sister in actual myth. Io, Pythia and Hellene I'm 50/50 on.

I hope we get the full tear sheets in the collected edition. The abridged ones are still great, but are a bit of a letdown after the full versions Jimenez teased.
    Me too, kind of regret following this so closely since I assume all those little tidbits about each member are abridgments of full pages.

Would definitely make great bonus material in a trade or at least hope Jimenez releases them all himself.
    Last edited by Gaius; 12-18-2021 at 09:20 AM.