Page 3 of 25 FirstFirst 123456713 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    I have similar feeling one of the ones he posted in the pic from the previous page is Alkyone.

Would make some sense if she was in tribe where Artemis was her patron.
    There are a couple bald Amazons in his cast pics he's been teasing. I know the one you're talking about and I think you're right.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if Alkyone ends up having the most...subdued armor out of all of them. She strikes me as being very practical and plain.

Earth One Themyscira:

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    Earth One Themyscira:

Visually the best Themyscira.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Evil Amazons welcome?

Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    There are a couple bald Amazons in his cast pics he's been teasing. I know the one you're talking about and I think you're right.

But I also wouldn't be surprised if Alkyone ends up having the most...subdued armor out of all of them. She strikes me as being very practical and plain.
    Yeah, I could see her having a Spartan (for lack of a better word ) appearance.

At least as a subdued as Jimenez's designs get...

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I remember thinking that that Sparta Amazon with the cheetah print tattoo was going to be Earth One Cheetah, and am really bummed nothing ever came of it.

Yeah, I could see her having a Spartan (for lack of a better word ) appearance.

At least as a subdued as Jimenez's designs get...
    Speaking of Simone Amazons and her run, I wonder if Astarte will show up as one of the originals?

Jimenez also implied in a Tweet (that now I can't find) that Penthesilea would be among the Amazons in Historia. She's one of Hippolyta's sisters in myth, but was never labeled as such in any of the comics and is a descendent of Phthia in the Perez run. If all five "sisters" show up, I'd be curious how they will address why they are sisters and the other Amazons "birthed" around them at the same time are not.

Same Tweet also said Menalippe and Penelope would be in it, but I feel those two were givens. Still annoyed with Johns for killing them off in Darkseid War.

I see Donna rockin' a new red Wonder Girl outfit!

I would like to see more Donna with her Amazon sisters.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Detail I liked about Earth One Themyiscira was different tribes and cities (New Athens, New Sparta) being on the island (or islands?) rather than just one main urban hub like how it's usually depicted.

Speaking of Simone Amazons and her run, I wonder if Astarte will show up as one of the originals?

Jimenez also implied in a Tweet (that now I can't find) that Penthesilea would be among the Amazons in Historia. She's one of Hippolyta's sisters in myth, but was never labeled as such in any of the comics and is a descendent of Phthia in the Perez run. If all five "sisters" show up, I'd be curious how they will address why they are sisters and the other Amazons "birthed" around them at the same time are not.

Same Tweet also said Menalippe and Penelope would be in it, but I feel those two were givens. Still annoyed with Johns for killing them off in Darkseid War.
    Oh, I didn't consider Astarte. She'd certainly fit in with the snake motifs some of the Amazons seem to have but I think DeConnick will probably go with Hippolyta's mythological sisters.

I guess another Simone Amazon I could see would be Persephone but that'd probably make things confusing if Pesephone the Goddess is also present.

Detail I liked about Earth One Themyiscira was different tribes and cities (New Athens, New Sparta) being on the island (or islands?) rather than just one main urban hub like how it's usually depicted.

Oh, I didn't consider Astarte. She'd certainly fit in with the snake motifs some of the Amazons seem to have but I think DeConnick will probably go with Hippolyta's mythological sisters.

I guess another Simone Amazon I could see would be Persephone but that'd probably make things confusing if Pesephone the Goddess is also present.
    I've thought about Persephone showing up, but you're right that might cause some confusion. We might not see Artemis for the same reason (factoring in if we're getting the Bana or not, she may just be folded into the Themyscira group).

I think the rest of the Circle members will show up, but they might not be included in the original 30. I'm curious to see how the ranks expand and how we go from 30 to a full nation.

I've thought about Persephone showing up, but you're right that might cause some confusion. We might not see Artemis for the same reason (factoring in if we're getting the Bana or not, she may just be folded into the Themyscira group).

I think the rest of the Circle members will show up, but they might not be included in the original 30. I'm curious to see how the ranks expand and how we go from 30 to a full nation.
    Yeah, I’m interested to see how that it’ll go. It looks like the Well of Souls might there for the first 30 but I can’t imagine DeConnick will go for the New 52 Azz way of how other Amazons get added on.

I don't think we'll see Artemis either though I guess some depictions usually do have her as another Amazon on Themyscira.
    Last edited by Gaius; 05-10-2021 at 05:46 PM.

It's simple. Just have a few women end up there over the centuries. The island itself brings hurt souls to the island.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Evil Amazons welcome?

I love me some "evil" Amazons. I can see some come to think that Paradise Island is a prison, not agreeing with their Gods, of course seeing Diana as an abomination.

While she isn't an classic Amazon, Superwomans and Myrinas stories kind of remind me of Gabrielle/Hope/Dahak storyline on Xena.

Yes, evil Amazon Superwoman rules!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post
    I love me some "evil" Amazons. I can see some come to think that Paradise Island is a prison, not agreeing with their Gods, of course seeing Diana as an abomination.
    And maybe even some Erik Killmonger types who thinks the Amazons should rule the world and take it over by force.

Quote Originally Posted by Primal Slayer View Post

While she isn't an classic Amazon, Superwomans and Myrinas stories kind of remind me of Gabrielle/Hope/Dahak storyline on Xena.
    Thought Alkyone was one of the better WW villain OCs.