Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Rucka has struck me as someone who seemed to take offense at the notion of the Amazons outgrowing the swords and sandals approach so I wouldn't be to surprised

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Rucka has struck me as someone who seemed to take offense at the notion of the Amazons outgrowing the swords and sandals approach so I wouldn't be to surprised
    He wanted the Amazon's to have an air-force of invisible planes so I doubt that. (It never happened though, since DC messed up his arch).

I think he just wanted an excuse for Diana to have to heal Venessa the old-fashion way, since the Amazon's wouldn't use the healing ray on her because they wouldn't allow outside visitors after the Islands collapse.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

In his Rebirth run, he established that they had the Purple Ray and rebuilt Steve's jet into the invisible plane. Steve also told his superiors that they had advanced tech that was balanced with the natural environment.

So I think he had Hera kick the island into the ocean for drama/stakes, not because he didn't want them to have tech

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    He wanted the Amazon's to have an air-force of invisible planes so I doubt that. (It never happened though, since DC messed up his arch).

I think he just wanted an excuse for Diana to have to heal Venessa the old-fashion way, since the Amazon's wouldn't use the healing ray on her because they wouldn't allow outside visitors after the Islands collapse.
    The detail on the Air Force of Invisible Jets was one of my favorite bits hearing his plans for how wanted to deal with the neck snap fallout.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The detail on the Air Force of Invisible Jets was one of my favorite bits hearing his plans for how wanted to deal with the neck snap fallout.
    Ugh, yeah. The world shortest war. We could have had so many glorious pages for this thread if it happened.

Euboea

Thanks for this. I was looking for this but I couldn't remember her name.

Yeah, Jimenez confirmed she's going to be in Historia so looking forward to see what tribe DeConnick/Jimenez put her under.

Yeah, Jimenez confirmed she's going to be in Historia so looking forward to see what tribe DeConnick/Jimenez put her under.
    Which tribe? The Bana will be in Historia?

Which tribe? The Bana will be in Historia?
    DeConnick and Jimenez have said in interviews the first generation of Amazons will be split up into "tribes" based around each of the Goddesses as their patron.

Though I imagine the schism between the Amazons that eventually leads to the Bana will be dealt with.

How do you pronounce Euboea?

Glad to hear that. There doesn't seem to be a tear sheet yet. Hope we get one soon.

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    I've tried to find some stuff occasionally on how to pronounce Amazon names since Perez re-used a lot of names from Greek Mythology for the names of Amazons but sometimes online pronouncers can be pretty dodgy. So I just go with how I think it does and assume I'm wrong (only one I think probably pronounce right is Hippolyta)

Glad to hear that. There doesn't seem to be a tear sheet yet. Hope we get one soon.
    Yep, I'm hoping either the individual issues of Historia have tear sheets in the back or are collected in the trade.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

Some of the looks of the Amazons in WW/S/B/WW:BL

I liked Jimenez’s look for Artemis made it in the ‘09 film. It’s my favorite look for her behind her Rebirth outfit.

Yew bow ee ah, in my head...
    Last edited by wonder39; 05-27-2021 at 11:01 PM.