Page 8 of 25 FirstFirst ... 45678910111218 ... LastLast

So I looked it up and its pronounced Eh-Vee-Ah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91nV0HHihsg

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    So I looked it up and its pronounced Eh-Vee-Ah.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=91nV0HHihsg
    Learn something new everyday. Thanks.

Does this mean Diana can identify all the Amazon's by sent alone?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Does this mean Diana can identify all the Amazon's by sent alone?
    That or Io needs to bathe more.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    The detail on the Air Force of Invisible Jets was one of my favorite bits hearing his plans for how wanted to deal with the neck snap fallout.
    Ugh, yeah. The world shortest war. We could have had so many glorious pages for this thread if it happened.
    Is there a link to an article I can read about this? I only know some minor things like how he wanted Batman to feel hopeless for his crusade for Gotham after the neck snap, because what hope is there for Gotham if the most honorable person he knows had to do the unthinkable. Rather then what happened in Identity Crisis, which I don't remember much of either, just that panel of Clark and Bruce getting angry at Diana for nearly killing Mongul I think.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

Orana (proto-Artemis)

Aleka (discount Artemis )

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Is there a link to an article I can read about this? I only know some minor things like how he wanted Batman to feel hopeless for his crusade for Gotham after the neck snap, because what hope is there for Gotham if the most honorable person he knows had to do the unthinkable. Rather then what happened in Identity Crisis, which I don't remember much of either, just that panel of Clark and Bruce getting angry at Diana for nearly killing Mongul I think.
    I mainly learned about it from this podcast (around the 45-50 minutes in is when he talks about it).

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Rucka has struck me as someone who seemed to take offense at the notion of the Amazons outgrowing the swords and sandals approach so I wouldn't be to surprised
    He doesn't strike me as someone against the Amazons having advanced technology but he does strike me as someone who is pro-military. That's probably why he had the inclination to have Diana kill Medusa and Maxwell Lord while Jiminez had Diana avoid killing Circe.

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Orana (proto-Artemis)

Aleka (discount Artemis )

Lol, I will take one Proto and one Discount please!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    He doesn't strike me as someone against the Amazons having advanced technology but he does strike me as someone who is pro-military. That's probably why he had the inclination to have Diana kill Medusa and Maxwell Lord while Jiminez had Diana avoid killing Circe.
    Diana had used lethal force since Perez, it wasn't like Rucka was having her do anything out of character (and killing Max wasn't even his idea from what I recall). Also, there were plenty of moments in both his runs where Diana didn't use lethal force. In fact, Medusa and Max are the only instances of Diana killing someone I remember from his first run. I also don't think that using lethal force in defense of others or oneself is a pro-military stance.

I think it’s important to remember that Medusa also had the power to kill millions of people because her stone-gaze worked through televisions, while Circe’s battle with Diana was strictly between the two of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Diana had used lethal force since Perez, it wasn't like Rucka was having her do anything out of character (and killing Max wasn't even his idea from what I recall). Also, there were plenty of moments in both his runs where Diana didn't use lethal force. In fact, Medusa and Max are the only instances of Diana killing someone I remember from his first run. I also don't think that using lethal force in defense of others or oneself is a pro-military stance.
    Killing Max wasn’t his idea but he wanted to a the neck-snap arc. He was going to make it an OC I believe but then editorial wanted to tie it into the greater DC continuity and suggested Max. So he agreed because he didn’t think it would change much but it changed everything since they wouldn’t let him write the original story he wanted for the neck snap or properly resolve it, which is why we are still dealing with the fall-out to this day.

As for Rucka’s take on the Amazon’s, I think he’s just a Greek myth fan-boy since he brought the Greek mythological aspects back hard on his run. I think he wanted the Amazon’s to be more grounded (literally) so while he liked the technology aspect of their culture in comics, I think he wanted to balance it out, or at least that was his idea of balancing it out. He likes to write comics as grounded as possible without making them gritty or edgy.

I think Rucka is also clearly a Perez fan.

Regardless, Rucka is a cherry-picker and will absolutely destroy your s*** if he didn’t like it. Which is nice if you like the same stuff he likes, like when he restored Barbara as Cheetah by killing everyone working for Sebastian, killed Sebastian and then blew up his dead body and underground lab for good measure and he made sure to show the whole thing on panel so there wouldn’t be any grey area as to whether Sebastian is alive or dead.
    But if you don’t like what he likes then is sucks.
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-29-2021 at 03:05 AM.

I think it’s important to remember that Medusa also had the power to kill millions of people because her stone-gaze worked through televisions, while Circe’s battle with Diana was strictly between the two of them.

Killing Max wasn’t his idea but he wanted to a the neck-snap arc. He was going to make it an OC I believe but then editorial wanted to tie it into the greater DC continuity and suggested Max. So he agreed because he didn’t think it would change much but it changed everything since they wouldn’t let him write the original story he wanted for the neck snap or properly resolve it, which is why we are still dealing with the fall-out to this day.

As for Rucka’s take on the Amazon’s, I think he’s just a Greek myth fan-boy since he brought the Greek mythological aspects back hard on his run. I think he wanted the Amazon’s to be more grounded (literally) so while he liked the technology aspect of their culture in comics, I think he wanted to balance it out, or at least that was his idea of balancing it out. He likes to write comics as grounded as possible without making them gritty or edgy.

I think Rucka is also clearly a Perez fan.

Regardless, Rucka is a cherry-picker and will absolutely destroy your s*** if he didn’t like it. Which is nice if you like the same stuff he likes, like when he restored Barbara as Cheetah by killing everyone working for Sebastian, killed Sebastian and then blew up his dead body and underground lab for good measure and he made sure to show the whole thing on panel so there wouldn’t be any grey area as to whether Sebastian is alive or dead.
    But if you don’t like what he likes then is sucks.
    Rucka's stated Gods and Mortals is his favorite WW story, so he's probably as much a fan of Perez's run as Jimenez is.

Though looking at Rucka's bibliography WW seems like something of an outlier in that he usually seems to write non-powered/street-level characters.

I mean if we had to explain Diana and the amazons having high tech. due to the doom gate. I kind of think it would be interesting if we had to get the Azz amazons they would be their own tribe. I kind of want there to be different amazon tribes before the Banas come in. That no one knows what they are doing. They will help their sisters. But no one knew what they were doing. There are tribe of amazons who are well trained in keeping the doom gate closed. Amazons specially trained in healing. So that's how the Transformation Island for started due to some curses or due to the doom gate.

If we had to have children it would be through this group. I was thinking also that one group of amazons with the blessing so of the queen and gods. adopted any of the children that appear in the shipwrecks. Donna being one of those children.
    Last edited by AmiMizuno; 05-29-2021 at 10:53 AM.