Page 5 of 29 FirstFirst 12345678915 ... LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by batnbreakfast View Post
    I'm open to recommendations of cartoons and TV since I only know Cyborg by reading comics or the horrible Whedon/Snyder version.
    The thing is, Cyborg (much like John Stewart) was made a little bland overtime. This was actually the case for a lot of colored characters, to make them less "threatening".

Cyborg in the Wolfman/Perez Titans run was a serious guy but he was a little more "spunky" than what we see today.

I would like to see more diversity in movies and shows. but I am kind of sick of Race Blending. It seems like such a cop out in some cases. Like with Riverdale. They made Mr Weatherbee and Pop Tate black who get two minutes of screen time combined a season and let the CW say look we are diverse. but ignored Chuck and Coach Clayton who were two pretty cool characters. I asked my friend Jay about Race blending when we were watching some shows. he is African American and he was not a fan at all. Like he is not happy at all with the Clark Kent black Superman. The only way to make a black character work is if you give him the name and history of a white person.

John Stewart is not my favorite Green Lantern. But there is no reason at all why a movie with him as the feature has not been made or planned. He is very popular, people like him, it would go over very well because he is a really good lantern (he no Allen Scott but hey) it is just dumb to leave him sitting on the shelf and go with making Superman black. Black Panther and The Falcon prove that that heroes of color can work on the screen.
    Last edited by babyblob; 05-09-2021 at 06:00 AM.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    The thing is, Cyborg (much like John Stewart) was made a little bland overtime. This was actually the case for a lot of colored characters, to make them less "threatening".

Cyborg in the Wolfman/Perez Titans run was a serious guy but he was a little more "spunky" than what we see today.
    I don't even get why those characters are considered threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I don't even get why those characters are considered threatening.
    Black men with power, who are role models to not just other black people but to whites as well. makes POC think there can be black people in media who are not drug dealers and criminals and can make a positive change on the world.
    This Post Contains No Artificial Intelligence. It Contains No Human Intelligence Either.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by babyblob View Post
    Black men with power, who are role models to not just other black people but to whites as well. makes POC think there can be black people in media who are not drug dealers and criminals and can make a positive change on the world.
    Oh I see. The only people threatened by that are probably racists.

Oh I see. The only people threatened by that are probably racists.
    Ding Ding!

People who are racists or people who dont read comics and talk about how PC or woke they have become etc...

Ultimate Member

Ding Ding!

People who are racists or people who dont read comics and talk about how PC or woke they have become etc...
    Uh what? It's anti-woke people who are usually racist

Uh what? It's anti-woke people who are usually racist
    Yea, But there are a lot of people who bitch about POC characters or Gay/trans characters because the comics are becoming woke and PC to make certain people happy. So yes Racists bitch about how Woke comics are when they dont read them. They just see a Muslim Superhero or hear that Iceman is gay and lose their minds.

Ultimate Member

Yea, But there are a lot of people who bitch about POC characters or Gay/trans characters because the comics are becoming woke and PC to make certain people happy. So yes Racists bitch about how Woke comics are when they dont read them. They just see a Muslim Superhero or hear that Iceman is gay and lose their minds.
    Ok. Basically these bigots should shut up

Ok. Basically these bigots should shut up
    Pretty much yea. But we live in a free speech country so we cant censor other people's views.

I'm really not liking the take that anyone who doesn't like a change or replacement to a character is automatically a bigot of some kind.

Are people just not allowed to dislike when writers make changes to characters they enjoy anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post
    I'm really not liking the take that anyone who doesn't like a change or replacement to a character is automatically a bigot of some kind.

Are people just not allowed to dislike when writers make changes to characters they enjoy anymore?
    Sadly nowadays with the liberal inquisition witch-hunting everywhere and all the gangs of right wing weirdos you can see so often on the net it has become hard for reasonable people to express their views.

Quote Originally Posted by Alan2099 View Post

I dont think people who dont like replacements are racists. I love green Lantern. A lot of people say john Stewart is the best. He does not even crack my top 5. They become bigots when they say that the replacement hero should not be black or gay or what ever based on just those factors alone. Just because a person does not like a black or gay character does not make them a bigot. There are a few POC characters I never really liked or got into. There are some I have really enjoyed. it depends on how they are written and how the story goes.

Ultimate Member

Pretty much yea. But we live in a free speech country so we cant censor other people's views.
    They don't need to be censored.

Quote Originally Posted by Starter Set View Post
    Sadly nowadays with the liberal inquisition witch-hunting everywhere and all the gangs of right wing weirdos you can see so often on the net it has become hard for reasonable people to express their views.
    Witch-hunting? Really? You're trying to both-sides this?

They don't need to be censored.
    I am not saying any one should be censored. Im just saying that in a free speech country hate speech will always find a place and a platform.