Page 13 of 29 FirstFirst ... 39101112131415161723 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Immortal Weapon View Post
    It wouldn't have put itself in that position if they chose not to reboot. Like another poster here said, Ghostbusters isn't a franchise that needs to be rebooted. It's one that continues. It would have been more beneficial of this team was simply the branch of their city. You would think in the time between the game and 2016 the business would have greatly expanded.
    "The franchise rights alone will make us wealthy beyond your wildest dreams.”

Ultimate Member

It wouldn't have put itself in that position if they chose not to reboot. Like another poster here said, Ghostbusters isn't a franchise that needs to be rebooted. It's one that continues. It would have been more beneficial of this team was simply the branch of their city. You would think in the time between the game and 2016 the business would have greatly expanded.
    Plus, if it was actually funny. They had four notable comedic actresses and didn't give anything funny to them

Quote Originally Posted by Zero Hunter View Post
    That is the really bad thing. They did do an amazing version of Brainiac on the Krypton series, and yet the movies are too afraid to do anything but Luther and Zoe. They were able to do Brainiac so good, and that was on a TV show budget. Just imagine how cool Brainiac could be with a big movie budget behind him.
    It would be cool. But doesn't seem to be happening. We barely got any Darkseid and the Doomsday we got wasn't even Doomsday

Extraordinary Member Zero Hunter's Avatar

The Doomsday in BvS was sad. The one on Krypton was so much better, and again was done on a TV budget.

Ultimate Member

Didn't Snyder say something about the real Doomsday being out there still? I could be wrong though

Anyway, you're right on BvS Doomsday. He didn't have thr design, characterization or build-up needed

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Plus, if it was actually funny. They had four notable comedic actresses and didn't give anything funny to them
    I’m still so bummed that Kate McKinnon was wasted in that movie. I would have LOVED to have seen her and that character in the regular continuity. McKinnon, Wiig, Paul Rudd, and Keenan Thompson would have been a great crew for the OG Ghostbusters to pass the torch to.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    I’m still so bummed that Kate McKinnon was wasted in that movie. I would have LOVED to have seen her and that character in the regular continuity. McKinnon, Wiig, Paul Rudd, and Keenan Thompson would have been a great crew for the OG Ghostbusters to pass the torch to.
    Not a bad cast. But the jokes in this movie were painfully unfunny (not Coming 2 America bad, but still bad). Chris Hemsworth got one funny moment and then repeated it until it wasn't funny. The cast should've got a better script.

BANNED

Ghostbusters is a franchise I will settle for a gender compromise.

Reboot with male characters, have spin off with female characters in the same continuity.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Not a bad cast. But the jokes in this movie were painfully unfunny (not Coming 2 America bad, but still bad). Chris Hemsworth got one funny moment and then repeated it until it wasn't funny. The cast should've got a better script.
    This.

GB 2016 wasn't very good.

Honestly, I didn't want a reboot to GB at all. It just didn't seem necessary IMO, a spin-off set in the same universe would like have been better received (sexist and racist trolling aside).

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    This.

GB 2016 wasn't very good.

Honestly, I didn't want a reboot to GB at all. It just didn't seem necessary IMO, a spin-off set in the same universe would like have been better received (sexist and racist trolling aside).
    I think a continuation could work. Of course, if the script is actually funny, not painful. I can at least laugh at a bad drama. What I am supposed to do with a bad comedy? Cry?

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    In an ideal world, the Ghostbusters reboot would have been seen as an average at best comedy that would have been forgotten about in a few months. But in the world we live in, it will forever be remembered as one of the prime examples of how bad fan discourse can get, not just for fans but for the people involved in the movie.
    Oh yeah, the fantastic spectacle that was Ghostbusters 2016. Was a comedic smashing achievement for all it's creators & supporters. Can't wait for the sequel.

So who will be cast as Black Superman? Can't wait. It will be wildly successful, I'm sure.
    Last edited by GOLGO 13; 05-12-2021 at 08:13 AM. Reason: 2016 Ghostbuster was a comedic titan.

I thought GB 2016 was fine. I'm not a huge fan of the new film based off the trailers though.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by GOLGO 13 View Post
    Oh yeah, the fantastic spectacle that was Ghostbusters 2016. Was a comedic smashing achievement for all it's creators & supporters. Can't wait for the sequel.

So who will be cast as Black Superman? Can't wait. It will be wildly successful, I'm sure.
    I don't think it will be. I think the new Superman is heading where the OP says. doomed franchisees.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    I thought GB 2016 was fine. I'm not a huge fan of the new film based off the trailers though.
    Oh, why not?

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Remember that. Also remember some of those people trying to claim that they were never sexist and that it was all just because the movie was bad after the fact (eps. with Ghostbusters, which did have its issues that could be used as a smokescreen against the bigotry).
    It also did not help those troll TARGETED the lone POC-Leslie Jones.

For a lot of the debate we tend to see black folks targeted way more than anyone else. John Boyega and Michael B Jordan say hi too. Nobody went after the rest of Fantastic Four like they did with Jordan.

Exactly. Marvel gets that an audience will respond positively to a character that has a positive attitude and is basically a hero.
    There is another thing Marvel does more than DC-Marvel has ZERO issues tossing out a trade or a collection of stories for the movie.

Monica was a kid in Cap Marvel-they still tossed out a huge trade with her. Falcon had one before Winter Solider.

Then look at merchandise-how many nonames have seen a figure? Rock Python has a figure at Wal-Mart. Static does NOT (he has one in comic stores) and he had a show.

Marvel tries to do more with who they have. They try NOT to settle for that movie or tv show. How many new Falcon figures are we getting from Falcon & Winter Soldier? Shuri has 2 new novels in stores. They are not settling. They are doing what folks want DC to do with everyone INCLUDING Batman & Superman.

When I look at a cast publicity photo I look for people I recognize and recall my experience in watching that person. However, over the past couple of years, it seems that some people will look at the same photo and only see the race of each cast member.
    We got folks who HOPE they can rile folks up and get hits on youtube or whoever for profit. Especially those who FORGET history and go SILENT when they get called out or play victim.
    Because they think no one is reading or watching the stuff they attack.

Yet folks are watching and reading.

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    I don't think it will be. I think the new Superman is heading where the OP says. doomed franchisees.
    I believe he was using sarcasm.