Quote Originally Posted by Powerboy View Post
Exactly. Marvel gets that an audience will respond positively to a character that has a positive attitude and is basically a hero. DC sits around wondering how they can make Superman "relevant" and a character people will care about. They don't get it. Try presenting him as what he already is and was.

The problem is that DC made a mistake. They looked at the niche audience of comic book readers who have stuck around because they like dark and depressing. The legions of comic readers who don't like that mostly walked away long ago. So, by default, of course that's what most comic readers seem to want.

Marvel realized there is a vastly greater audience out there that would respond to something closer to what comic books once were and in a medium, movies and television, that don't have the distribution problems of comics and can readily reach that greater audience.

So, yes, Marvel doing a Superman movie would most likely be the Superman people want to see and be done right. As you said, the personality of MCU Captain America and the power level of MCU Captain Marvel.
Yep, bingo. Of course Disney would infuse it with that MCU house style quippy/snarky comedy, but I'd gladly take that for a Superman who's just a good heroic guy who just has fun with being a good heroic guy and loves it. I have my problem with Marvel Studios, but god they could do Superman's personality justice. I don't know why WB finds it so difficult - are there too many execs there who are sociopaths or something?