Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 192526272829
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by 80sbaby View Post
    About 17 years now, since 2005.
    Ok. That's quite a while

Got to love how the thread has shifted from being about diversity in film to discussion on how to objectively rate dancing. Did not see that one coming.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Thought I did find this thread, had to dig it up since I just saw Free Guy, really enjoyable movie, likely the most enjoyable mainstream film I have seen in cinema in 2021. Also as a person who has been very critical of the over usefulness of CGI in film, this movie is a good example, of how a movie that is mostly made for CGI earns it.

This movie ticked all the right diversity box without it trying to be preaching or just feeling like they cast many POC just for diverse reason alone.

the movie was a very multi-coloured film with the cast of characters that fitted well with the world building that represent the changing demo of USA. Even some of the background POC characters had personalities and did not feel like useless film extras.

Anyone who has not seen Free Guy, should check it out. This could be a good franchise for Hollywood if they make more sequels.
    Last edited by Castle; 09-10-2021 at 02:28 PM.

Mighty Member

I may ask well give my two cents on this.
    For me, i'm not a fan of constant reboots And sequels, i think there is Cinema that I would much prefer.
    So already rebooting a franchise with all Women doesn't do well for me, mostly because I don't care for a remake to begin with.

The most aggrecious example i can think of is Ghostbusters. Now the first is a Perfectly fine Movie. It's funny, has a lot of nice effects And has heart. It's a solid 80's action comedy. Making games, comics And cartoons on it, i'm cool with that. Those are simply adapting that original Movie.
    But as a Movie, it only ever really should happen once. The sequel wasn't that great. It's honestly average. But bringing it back for a reboot felt pretty... Pointless to me. Fans of the original are going to hate it, And People Who enjoy it because it pissed those People off don't like it for the movie, just that others didn't like it. Now you've got a mess in your hands. I like the actors in it well enough (except Mellisa Mcarthy, she is just terrible in everything)but all it did was make People want another film with the OG cast. And looking at that, i don't really want to see that. All the actors have moved on from it and sadly one of them is no longer with us.

I think creating new And interesting ideas should be the way forward. I don't care for another die hard but id take Johanson doing crazy stunts And ****

Quote Originally Posted by FFJamie94 View Post
    I think creating new And interesting ideas should be the way forward. I don't care for another die hard but id take Johanson doing crazy stunts And ****
    Look at the attention Mortal Kombat and Resident Evil movies get on here compared to similar trash movies without a famous name or IP attached and you can see why this will never happen.

Ultimate Member

Because fans are familiar with the characters beforehand and want to see them adapted.