Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14202122232425262728 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Derek Metaltron View Post
    I am sure they do, but we already know that live action Ariel won’t have red hair thanks to filming leaks, which is the aspect that defined Ariel more than anything else in the animated movie.
    I'm confused...her red hair didn't define her at all. I don't think the fact that it was red was ever even mentioned once.

That she liked brushing her hair? Sure. But the actual color? It had zero actual importance to the character or plot.

That doesn't mean people didn't like her because her hair was red, but that's a much different aspect than a defining character trait.

I am sure they do, but we already know that live action Ariel won’t have red hair thanks to filming leaks, which is the aspect that defined Ariel more than anything else in the animated movie.
    Her rebellious and impulsive nature and interest in the human world defined her way more.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Niffleheim

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Her rebellious and impulsive nature and interest in the human world defined her way more.
    "Interest in the human world" is a tad too mild describing her obsession

What film leaks?

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    "Interest in the human world" is a tad too mild describing her obsession
    Yeah, down to wanting to change species permanently (wonder what the psychological assessment of that kind of mindset would be?).
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    And singing voice. Eric originally fell in love with her voice.
    Dark does not mean deep.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    I'm confused...her red hair didn't define her at all. I don't think the fact that it was red was ever even mentioned once.

That she liked brushing her hair? Sure. But the actual color? It had zero actual importance to the character or plot.

That doesn't mean people didn't like her because her hair was red, but that's a much different aspect than a defining character trait.
    Ariel without red hair is like Black Dynamite without Michael Jai White. Just saying.

Again, where is the evidence she won't have red hair?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    Again, where is the evidence she won't have red hair?
    yes, I did not get the memo, her hair won't be red. this to me is one of the easiest parts of creating the character. dying her hair deep red

If this article is to be believed, Bailey will be dying her hair red for the role.

https://www.cinemablend.com/news/256...ariel-red-hair

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    Snow White is a product of a 1939 film, Sure she is the least favoured Disney princess from a 2021 lense. however as I read snow white , i pretty much remember the details of her appearance.

Skin as white as snow

Hair as black as night.

those were the descriptions. they are as important as sleeping beauty actually needing to sleep or Cinderella Needing to sit under the Cinders.

This is just pandering at the worst and fake diversity as I already mentioned, trying to play both sides like Zandaya not really playing Mary Jane. if these people really care , I think what they should do is actually just call the film Snow Latinx and I am not joking.
    More like a 1812 Grimm brothers German fairy tale but I think someone at some of the affiliated marketing departments wants to pull a quick one with fake outrage (and probably would do the film more harm then good).

If this is the actress in question:

Shes could not be a better pick IMO. She should avoid getting a tan though like she has in some of her other pictures. Its not that "skin white like snow" means literal inhuman white like Lady Death:

Thats literal skin white as snow there alright, but definitely not snow white ;-)

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by The_Lurk View Post
    More like a 1812 Grimm brothers German fairy tale but I think someone at some of the affiliated marketing departments wants to pull a quick one with fake outrage (and probably would do the film more harm then good).

If this is the actress in question:

Shes could not be a better pick IMO. She should avoid getting a tan though like she has in some of her other pictures. Its not that "skin white like snow" means literal inhuman white like Lady Death:

Thats literal skin white as snow there alright, but definitely not snow white ;-)
    If that's the actress in question, then she's a white latina.

Some latina's are white and are of european descent and the actress looks like one of those.

If that's the case, then the outrage is fake outrage.

EDIT: I just read that Rachel Zegler's father is Polish and her mother Colombian. Good lord, this is totally fake outrage.
    Last edited by Username taken; 06-27-2021 at 10:12 AM.

Extraordinary Member thwhtGuardian's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    If that's the actress in question, then she's a white latina.

Some latina's are white and are of european descent and the actress looks like one of those.

If that's the case, then the outrage is fake outrage.

EDIT: I just read that Rachel Zegler's father is Polish and her mother Colombian. Good lord, this is totally fake outrage.
    Even if she was darker skinned it would still be fake outrage.

Ultimate Member

Re: The Little Mermaid.

I saw a set video of Halle Bailey rocking red braids. It doesn't look like the "bright red" of the animated movie but more like the red hair seen in some black people.

Honestly, I wouldn't have cared either way. Halle Bailey (and her sister Chloe) is beautiful as is.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by thwhtGuardian View Post
    Even if she was darker skinned it would still be fake outrage.
    Quoted in agreement.