Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4567891011 LastLast
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Hank could have gone to using Giant Man or Goliath.
    Yeah, that's true. Not that I really wanted to see Darren Cross anyway

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, that's true. Not that I really wanted to see Darren Cross anyway
    Starting with young Hank and Jan you could have done different bad guys. Yellowjacket could have been a bad guy who stole the suit or duplicated Hank's tech. Let's face it...in the comics Pym Particles are not that rare. Cross (as well as Taskmaster) are Scott's villains by default in the comics only because they always keep running into each other.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    Starting with young Hank and Jan you could have done different bad guys. Yellowjacket could have been a bad guy who stole the suit or duplicated Hank's tech. Let's face it...in the comics Pym Particles are not that rare. Cross (as well as Taskmaster) are Scott's villains by default in the comics only because they always keep running into each other.
    They probably wouldn't have done the "stealing Pym particles" plot then. I guess they could've used Atlas, or a non-hero-specific villain, like Radioactive Man or the Wrecking Crew. Then they could've shown up in AoU, and Scott could've been the antagonist in AM&W2 before being reformed and joining the good guys

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by gurkle View Post
    Peyton Reed famously pitched the idea of doing a Fantastic Four movie set in the '60s, the idea being that these more old-fashioned characters would work better in an old-fashioned setting (I doubt they'll use this idea for the MCU Fantastic Four though).
    Setting the FF in the 1960s isn't a bad idea. At the same time I don't think that's the best or only way to go about doing it.

Ironically, the rise of de-aging technology makes it less likely that they'll ever do a movie like this. If it was 10 years ago, they might at least consider a prequel with younger actors playing Hank and Jan; today they'd be expected to get Michael Douglas and Michelle Pfeiffer to sign on, and then de-age them in every scene, and those things together would cost an astronomical amount of money.
    Especially because it would be at best for Disney Plus and it would be too much money for side-characters (which is what Hank and Janet are in the MCU, never forget).

Hank and Jan could've worked in phase 1 but you would have to scrap Iron Man and make it "Ant-man and the Wasp". You give them an origin and puts them on equal footing with the others.

They would also fill Clint and Natasha's roles in the film. Janet plays peacekeeper with the big 4 while Hank is an unwilling agent of Loki. They are at the big fight and Loki mind controls him. Janet versus the Hulk is still viable because Janet can't outpower him.

Someone once posted that FitzSimmons from AoS should've just been Hank and Janet. I don't agree 100% but it could work for this What If scenario. They are SHIELD scientists forced to become superheroes. You could even use Janet's comic origin for why she joined SHIELD and built the suit in the first place. Ditto with Hank.

You could also have them join SHIELD in between their first film and the Avengers but them already being at SHIELD is alot faster. Seeing SHIELD through their eyes also allows SHIELD to be more than just red shirts or the backdrop.
    Last edited by the illustrious mr. kenway; 05-12-2021 at 04:08 PM.

Fiege's an old school fan boy. Ant-Man was in the works since the first IM. Wright even showed test footage at a Comic Con in 2011, same year Cap and Thor came out. I'm sure Fiege and co wanted a version of Ant-Man and Wasp in the circle shot from the first Avengers but due to various reasons (namely Wright running off to do his own projects), it didn't pan out that way. If they managed to release Ant-Man in 2011, they might have gotten Wasp to debut in Avengers.

Quote Originally Posted by Triniking1234 View Post
    I'm still not sure what people were expecting. They're books based on 1960s comics.
    They are still updating them for the 21st century. Things might look good in hindsight because BP and BW now have solo movies, Luke Cage and Falcon each go their own shows but back then all this seemed like a distant possibility.

Ultimate Member

If Ant-Man came out in Phase 1, then AM2 came out in Phase 2, I suspect AM3 would be quite different too. Idk how that would change up the current plans.

I would've liked to have seen Janet go up against Hulk. I'd like to see any Wasp interact with the Avengers at all for that matter.

And that circle shot would've been way better than seeing Black Widow with a pistol

Reading 8 pages full of bad fanfic really makes you appreciate the screenwriters Marvel hired.
    Tolstoy will live forever. Some people do. But that's not enough. It's not the length of a life that matters, just the depth of it. The chances we take. The paths we choose. How we go on when our hearts break. Hearts always break and so we bend with our hearts. And we sway. But in the end what matters is that we loved... and lived.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chicago_bastard View Post
    Reading 8 pages full of bad fanfic really makes you appreciate the screenwriters Marvel hired.
    Well, this is all hypotheticals. And while you're generally right, it's not like Marvel's track record is perfect. Janet didn't get a proper adaptation, for instance

BANNED

Well, this is all hypotheticals. And while you're generally right, it's not like Marvel's track record is perfect. Janet didn't get a proper adaptation, for instance
    Perfect is not the enemy of good.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Perfect is not the enemy of good.
    Ok. That's not what I'm saying though.

BANNED

Ok. That's not what I'm saying though.
    You are saying that the MCU making mistakes or not doing some things right, means that any alternative choice would have been just as good and successful.

MCU not being perfect doesn't mean it's all bad.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    You are saying that the MCU making mistakes or not doing some things right, means that any alternative choice would have been just as good and successful.

MCU not being perfect doesn't mean it's all bad.
    Yeah, I've said it's mostly good. I even like some of the changes. But I can see why some don't like how Hank and Jan were treated

I'm cool with a 60s period piece for Hank and Janet. It's probably the best option available with the MCU we currently have.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by the illustrious mr. kenway View Post
    I'm cool with a 60s period piece for Hank and Janet. It's probably the best option available with the MCU we currently have.
    In the current MCU, probably. Although I'm not exactly sure how old Janet is supposed to be in the MCU