Quote Originally Posted by HaveAtThee View Post
Twenty five issues of brilliance comes crashing to a halt. Shame. It was a great run for the Thunderer.
I agree with the sentiment; I don't like messing with the character in what is basically an unoriginal manner. Marvel tends to make changes just for the sake of making changes; even if Aaron wanted to do this for a while. I'm sure Aaron will craft a decent story out of whatever he has in mind but from an overall character standpoint, I don't see much of anything to follow with this change. We're essentially back to Eric Masterson, or something similar.

Thor basically lost all semblance of the character he used to be during Fraction's run and, while Aaron has done a commendable job (in general) of recapturing Thor's nobility, this is a change that is basically "out of left field". I still want to hear what Fury told Thor that made him unworthy in the first place. That part makes no sense whatsoever (yet; I'll give it the benefit of the doubt before I complain too much). Between this and the entire Angela beat-down-without-breaking-a-sweat Marvel seems to, once again, be playing Thor as (almost) a B-List character that gets dragged through the mud on a semi-regular schedule.