Just wanted to gauge everyone's opinion on The Walking Dead, a show I have very mixed feelings about.

I'll admit I never read the comics so I can't claim to know how accurately or inaccurately the show adapts the source material. But for the first 3-4 seasons I thought the show was entertaining and excellent. I'm hard-pressed to find a zombie apocalypse show or film that's better, and I love all of Romero's work.

And then it seems like the show became more tedious and ridiculous the longer it ran. As the cast expanded and the writing structure of episodes morphed to accommodate that (and keep suspense regarding X's fate running for multiple episodes before returning to X again), it became unbearably aggravating to watch as it aired weekly and so I started taking a few years off and then bingeing seasons once they were up on Netflix. It's also frustrating that almost all the characters were constantly going through cycles of "I'm a stone-cold killer who gets shit done">>>>"Oh no, killing is wrong and I can't bring myself to do it anymore">>>>"I'm a stone-cold killer again."

What do you guys think about these things? Were they issues for you as well, or not? Do you love the show? Hate it? Have other criticisms beyond what I've addressed?

The best positive for me is that it gave us more minutes of a CGI tiger doing badass stuff than Game Of Thrones allocated for Direwolves in 10 years.