BANNED

Default What Crisis events should do from now on

Nearly all crisis events DC has done have altered the history of the DCU to varying degrees however the crisis events Scott Snyder has done have been different, instead of just rebooting the dcu they have expanded it's lore and more specifically it's cosmology, dark nights metal introduced the dark multiverse and dark nights death metal FINALLY gave dc an omniverse, this what dc should do with it's crisis events from now on, no more reboots instead create new places and ideas for the heroes to explore. What do you think?

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

DC Comics proudly presents... EXISTENTIAL CRISIS!

Per Degaton goes back to 1824 and murders both the Wayne and Kane families, ensuring that Batman never comes to be. With the entire universe now on Superman's back, a coalition of faceless entities that go only by the first initial of their names, A, T and T, pull apart the Man of Steel to see what makes him tick in effort to replenish their home world's depleting resources. Wonder Woman steps up to fill the void and leads the heroes of DC in a last-ditch effort to keep the universe intact. Meanwhile, Harley Quinn spins plates and appeases a portion of A, T and T which buys the other heroes time.

The story would run weekly for 52 issues across a year with three variants each issue as well as monthly tie-ins and conclude with Wonder Woman going back in time to become Batman's new mother and reboot the universe. Bruce Wayne is a young, revitalized Batman who is aided in his war on crime by his trusty butler, former orphan Clark Kent of Kansas and his trusted ward, Harleen Quinzell known better by her alias-- Robin. Bruce's adventures would be bold and interesting, featuring terrifying foes for Batman such as Superbat, a Batman from planet Kaneton, Lex Luthor, scion to an old money family in Gotham that has challenged the Waynes for generations, and Selina Napier, the Cat Who Laughs-- his alabaster-skinned greatest foe and sometimes lover.

Coming soon to a LCS near you!

I'm sorry, but this is more or less what every oncoming Crisis feels like. Self-parody.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-09-2021 at 06:14 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    DC Comics proudly presents... EXISTENTIAL CRISIS!

Per Degaton goes back to 1824 and murders both the Wayne and Kane families, ensuring that Batman never comes to be. With the entire universe now on Superman's back, a coalition of faceless entities that go only by the first initial of their names, A, T and T, pull apart the Man of Steel to see what makes him tick in effort to replenish their home world's depleting resources. Wonder Woman steps up to fill the void and leads the heroes of DC in a last-ditch effort to keep the universe intact. Meanwhile, Harley Quinn spins plates and appeases a portion of A, T and T which buys the other heroes time.

The story would run weekly for 52 issues across a year with three variants each issue as well as monthly tie-ins and conclude with Wonder Woman going back in time to become Batman's new mother and reboot the universe. Bruce Wayne is a young, revitalized Batman who is aided in his war on crime by his trusty butler, former orphan Clark Kent of Kansas and his trusted ward, Harleen Quinzell known better by her alias-- Robin. Bruce's adventures would be bold and interesting, featuring terrifying foes for Batman such as Superbat, a Batman from planet Kaneton, Lex Luthor, scion to an old money family in Gotham that has challenged the Waynes for generations, and Selina Napier, the Cat Who Laughs-- his alabaster-skinned greatest foe and sometimes lover.

Coming soon to a LCS near you!

I'm sorry, but this is more or less what every oncoming Crisis feels like. Self-parody.
    Alot of DC's best stories are crisis stories

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rickswordfish View Post
    Alot of DC's best stories are crisis stories
    Gonna agree to disagree on that one. They're important, big and bombastic, but even Morrison couldn't make a Crisis excellent. They're always ambitious, but they always end up being popcorn janitorial stories trying to reorient the characters to a place where editorial can tell other stories.

CoIE, Identity Crisis, IC, FC, Metal, Death Metal and so forth. None of them are even close to DC's best stories. Final Crisis comes the closest but I've got some severe issues with it that prevent me from putting it on a pedestal.

Not a single one comes close to New Frontier and the like.

Incredible Member

I'd rather see them do more stories like "Multiversity" where instead of just constantly remaking the Multiverse, we actually see them explore the Multiverse and all it's vast array of characters.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Multiverse View Post
    I'd rather see them do more stories like "Multiversity" where instead of just constantly remaking the Multiverse, we actually see them explore the Multiverse and all it's vast array of characters.
    That's kind of what I'm saying only they should be big events that expand the cosmology and introduce new concepts

Quote Originally Posted by Rickswordfish View Post
    That's kind of what I'm saying only they should be big events that expand the cosmology and introduce new concepts
    Basically what I want, they should no longer be about continuity but grand stories that involve getting heroes on the phone to help and establishing status quos. We should see more of Justice Incarnate, United Planets, and a few brand new concepts just to make things interesting.

Like we should have a united planets themed event, where we get weird cosmic wars/threats.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Extraordinary Member superduperman's Avatar

OBVIOUSLY the solution is more Batman! I think we can all agree on that! DC just does not use Batman nearly enough!
    Assassinate Putin!

What Crisis events should do from now on: Stop happening.
    Last Read: Zatanna and the Ripper vol. 1

Monthly Pull List: Alan Scott: The Green Lantern, Batman, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Beware the Planet of the Apes, Birds of Prey, Daredevil, Green Arrow, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Ducks, Justice Society of America, Negaduck, Nightwing, Phantom Road, Shazam!, Suicide Squad: Dream Team, Superman '78: The Metal Curtain, Thundercats, Titans

Maybe they should just go back to what they originally were - an excuse to have a whole bunch of heroes team up once a year or so. Keeping it contained to the main Justice League book or a single 4 issue mini might be nice, too.