Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Hi there, I have a question about this Collection.....X-Men Vol. 1 shows as Temporarily Out of Stock with the option of purchasing one now and will bill and ship once the warehouse receives.....but on eBay, people are listing this volume at a much larger price and inputting “Out of Print” on the title.......does this mean this volume is legit out of print even thought Amazon may be expecting more?

Also, are there any other Epic volumes that are OOP?
    Favorite Characters: Wolfsbane, Storm, Psylcoke, Beast, Feral, Tempo, Nightcrawler, Quicksilver

Favorite Titles: X-Men Red, Legion of X, Marauders, Hellions

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Hi there, I have a question about this Collection.....X-Men Vol. 1 shows as Temporarily Out of Stock with the option of purchasing one now and will bill and ship once the warehouse receives.....but on eBay, people are listing this volume at a much larger price and inputting “Out of Print” on the title.......does this mean this volume is legit out of print even thought Amazon may be expecting more?

I wouldnt put too much trust in Amazon claiming they have more on the way. I've seen multiple occassions where something is clearly OOP yet Amazon claims they have more coming. It sounds like it is OOP.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post

X-Men vol 1 is OOP and has been for awhile now.

The only other EPIC I know 100% was OOP was the Iron Fist one, but it was OOP for about, what, like 6 months or less, and then got a reprint.
    There might be some of the initial Epics from when the line first started that are OOP now too, but I'm not sure.

Even when books go OOP, keep an eye on aftermarket (i.e. Ebay, Amazon resellers) - sometimes when a book is OOP at vendors, it's still reasonable in the aftermarket, at least for awhile. Sometimes it spikes immediately. it's hard to gauge, but I guess what I'm saying is don't throw your hands up and give up without at least checking around first.
    "Boomerang arrow, Kate... It comes back to you in the end. Boomerang. Respect it." - Clint
    "Why the hell do you need an arrow that comes back to you after you shoot it, Clint?" - Kate
    "Because... Boomerangs." - Clint.

Has anyone bought any new epic collections recently?
    I am a fan of them and was looking on amazon and noticed a few had some really bad reviews in regards to the quality of the physical product and not the story product.
    Specifically Amazing Spider Man Venom and DareDevil root of evil. I hope this isn't true and isn't a sign of things to come because it sounds like marvel is really cheaping out on them with bad paper quality and all around poor quality control.

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Hawkeye Kate Bishop View Post
    Has anyone bought any new epic collections recently?
    I am a fan of them and was looking on amazon and noticed a few had some really bad reviews in regards to the quality of the physical product and not the story product.
    Specifically Amazing Spider Man Venom and DareDevil root of evil. I hope this isn't true and isn't a sign of things to come because it sounds like marvel is really cheaping out on them with bad paper quality and all around poor quality control.
    Sadly this seems to be true with the most recent volumes. Apparently Marvel started using a new printing company on the Epics (Quad Graphics or something), and their quality isn't up to snuff of the previous printing company. Who knows if Marvel plans on continuing to use them or if they can improve the problems.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

If they don't go back to the old printing company, they need to drop the price on them by $10-15, because the newer volumes are going to fall apart after a single read...
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

New Dr Strange volume is by Quad but didn't seem to have the curling cover issue.

I checked out Daredevil root of evil on Wednesday at my local comic shop and the quality wasn't too great as soon as I pulled it out from between two other books the cover started to curl which surprised me since it was literally between two books. I don't know how marvel could ship a product like that it is just going to sit on the shelf who would spend 40 dollars on a book with curled covers. Hopefully they issue a recall and reprint the books correctly.

Extraordinary Member Raffi Ol D'Arcy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Real Hawkeye Kate Bishop View Post
    I checked out Daredevil root of evil on Wednesday at my local comic shop and the quality wasn't too great as soon as I pulled it out from between two other books the cover started to curl which surprised me since it was literally between two books. I don't know how marvel could ship a product like that it is just going to sit on the shelf who would spend 40 dollars on a book with curled covers. Hopefully they issue a recall and reprint the books correctly.
    I have the DD Root of Evil (I'm a DD completist) and yes, the quality is pretty bad. It doesn't look too bad on the shelf between two other DD Epics. If Marvel don't remedy the quality of the Epics, I'll be very wary of purchasing any more.

Relaunched, not rebooted! SJNeal's Avatar

It makes pre-ordering a huge pain. I've purchased nearly every Epic Collection via pre-order, and I still have a couple of more still to come. But since receiving DD: Root of Evil, I haven't pre-ordered any more - and I won't unless the quality improves.
    SJNeal
    Veteran Member
    Aug 2009

The CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Yeah, I've cancelled all my Marvel pre-orders. I'll wait until someone verifies the quality, just like I do for DC omnis. Luckily, we don't get huge pre-order discounts over here, so I'm not losing too much.

Oh no, they latest Epics are curling? I buy all Epic Collections (granted many months later after they are released) so I hate to hear this! So the covers "curl?" What does that mean? Are there more problems than just the curling?

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Can anyone say if the new Marvel Two-In-One and Avengers West Coast Epics have the thin paper (like the reprint of the Iron Fist Epic?) I'd like to order them, but not if they're on that thin paper...
    Last edited by Graphic Autist; 10-28-2018 at 11:04 AM.

Two-In-One is fine. WCA though is Quad printed and looks just as bad quality as their other offerings.

Incredible Member Graphic Autist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The Cheat View Post
    Two-In-One is fine. WCA though is Quad printed and looks just as bad quality as their other offerings.
    Thank you! Bummer about WCA...