View Poll Results: Who is your favorite (multiple choice)?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • Echo (Maya Lopez)

10 18.87%
  • Firebird (Bonita Juarez)

23 43.40%
  • Falcon (Joaquin Torres)

4 7.55%
  • Forge

13 24.53%
  • Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)

10 18.87%
  • Inferno (Dante (Pertuz)

5 9.43%
  • Living Lightning (Miguel Santos)

16 30.19%
  • Mirage (Danielle Moonstar)

23 43.40%
  • Redwolf (William Talltrees)

11 20.75%
  • Reptil (Humberto Lopez)

10 18.87%
  • Risqué (Gloria Muñoz)

5 9.43%
  • Shaman (Michael Twoyoungmen)

10 18.87%
  • Talisman (Elizabeth Twoyoungmen)

10 18.87%
  • Thunderbird (John Proudstar)

12 22.64%
  • Warpath (James Proudstar)

17 32.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Why isn't Firebird (should have been Phoenix) ever used?
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

Firebird herself has not been used much and especially not recently that I am aware.
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by danielsan52 View Post
    Probably because she's a minority hero.

Firebird has her own unique origin and powers and has nothing to do with Phoenix or The Phoenix Force.

There are some Native American Tribes who have the Firebird/Flame Birds as Legends. Bonita took her name from them and honors her ancestors in such fashion.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Both she and Red Wolf are still a part of the Texas superhero team called the Rangers last time I checked. I’d put in the hands of a good writer, that team could really be unique among most super teams as you really don’t see anything pertaining to Westerns these days anymore.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Both she and Red Wolf are still a part of the Texas superhero team called the Rangers last time I checked. I’d put in the hands of a good writer, that team could really be unique among most super teams as you really don’t see anything pertaining to Westerns these days anymore.
    Yeah, for a team that started with Texas Twister and Shooting Star, it's picked up quite a few POC with Firebird, (Living) Lightning, Armadillo and Red Wolf. I'm more of a fan of the newer Red Wolf, or newer interpretation, of Red Wolf, anyway, last seen, IIRC, travelling with Tilda Swanton/Nightshade.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Firebird has her own unique origin and powers and has nothing to do with Phoenix or The Phoenix Force.

There are some Native American Tribes who have the Firebird/Flame Birds as Legends. Bonita took her name from them and honors her ancestors in such fashion.
    Except that it was hinted early in her first appearances that there may have been a Phoenix connection.

So.... Firebird should have been Phoenix.

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post

Totally agree. Any team or character written well has potential to be a top selling book. I have often thought that the members of this team should lose the "Western" theme and just be cool heroes.
    Last edited by danielsan52; 10-12-2021 at 11:07 AM.
    TO KNOW HER IS TO FEAR HER: JESSICA DREW THE SPIDER-WOMAN
    BE SURE TO CHECK OUT THE NEW 2024 SPIDER-WOMAN SERIES by STEVE FOXE!!!

MISSING:
    Synch's Aura
    Northstar and Aurora's shiny hair
    Spider-Woman’s cowl costume

The King Fears NO ONE! Triniking1234's Avatar

Except that it was hinted early in her first appearances that there may have been a Phoenix connection.

So.... Firebird should have been Phoenix.
    When was this? Rachel was Phoenix when Firebird was introduced.
    "Cable was right!"

Eh, I believe the "hint" came later, and stated the Texas Ranger Firebird received a fiery visitor on the night of Jean Grey's death.

But we know in Firebird's origin, and there was no Phoenix Force involved, just a fiery ball from space . Hence, she is not Phoenix. I knew this was just a coincidence that Marvel slyly put out there. Also, they explained this as an alien child's discarded lab experiment tossed onto a nothing planet (Earth).

Marvel never intended Firebird to be Phoenix nor connected to Phoenix. Just a red herring.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

These are my faves: Thunderbird, Warpath, Firebird, Forge, Shaman, Talisman. The rest are fine but I love these the best.

Forgot about Mirage.
    Last edited by From The Shadows; 10-12-2021 at 09:25 PM.

Mighty Member

Till tomorrow I am still waiting for Warpath to be the leader of X-force for at least 3-4 years but I guess only white guys are allowed to lead....urgh!!!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Besouro View Post
    Till tomorrow I am still waiting for Warpath to be the leader of X-force for at least 3-4 years but I guess only white guys are allowed to lead....urgh!!!
    It's ok as long as we pretend Cyclops is a minority/s

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Eh, I believe the "hint" came later, and stated the Texas Ranger Firebird received a fiery visitor on the night of Jean Grey's death.

But we know in Firebird's origin, and there was no Phoenix Force involved, just a fiery ball from space . Hence, she is not Phoenix. I knew this was just a coincidence that Marvel slyly put out there. Also, they explained this as an alien child's discarded lab experiment tossed onto a nothing planet (Earth).

Marvel never intended Firebird to be Phoenix nor connected to Phoenix. Just a red herring.
    My guess is that the writer who created Firebird had one thing in mind, wasn't given a green light to pursue it further, and subsequent writers do what they usually do to characters that don't catch fire (sorry, pun) right away, which is change their name and reimagine their origin in order to either make them more appealing, or more useable in their stories. The "more useable" part usually results in said character winding up in limbo afterwards, because the changes more often than not make the character even less popular to fans and more unusable to other writers.

All that said I like La Espirita and hope someone gives the character a chance. I would have definitely considered her for the role of Phoenix over many of the other characters who wielded some aspect of the PF.

Quote Originally Posted by JudicatorPrime View Post
    My guess is that the writer who created Firebird had one thing in mind, wasn't given a green light to pursue it further, and subsequent writers do what they usually do to characters that don't catch fire (sorry, pun) right away, which is change their name and reimagine their origin in order to either make them more appealing, or more useable in their stories. The "more useable" part usually results in said character winding up in limbo afterwards, because the changes more often than not make the character even less popular to fans and more unusable to other writers.

All that said I like La Espirita and hope someone gives the character a chance. I would have definitely considered her for the role of Phoenix over many of the other characters who wielded some aspect of the PF.
    I agree generally with what you wrote, but just not specifically for Firebird.

Also, the night of Jean's death on the Moon, the Fragment went to Madelyne Pryor (after the real Jean rejected it) and gave life to Madelyne. Madelyne did not become Phoenix.

As you mention, La Espirita also had/has some interesting potential. So I rather not see Bonita become a Phoenix, but instead explore her own unique powers either as Firebird or as La Espirita.

In addition, in some of the Native American Peoples tribes they have deities that are called Fire Birds. It would be culturally significant for Bonita to name herself after them esp with her fiery powers.
    Last edited by Phoenixx9; 10-14-2021 at 10:22 AM.

Ultimate Member

I agree generally with what you wrote, but just not specifically for Firebird.

Also, the night of Jean's death on the Moon, the Fragment went to Madelyne Pryor (after the real Jean rejected it) and gave life to Madelyne. Madelyne did not become Phoenix.

As you mention, La Espirita also had/has some interesting potential. So I rather not see Bonita become a Phoenix, but instead explore her own unique powers either as Firebird or as La Espirita.

In addition, in some of the Native American Peoples tribes they have deities that are called Fire Birds. It would be culturally significant for Bonita to name herself after them esp with her fiery powers.
    What are the Fire Birds like?