Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default David Haller aka Legion as in Legion the God-Mutant appreciation 2021

I did not see Legion in the list at the forum’s top, so I started a thread to appreciate him.

David Haller is Legion, the omega level mutant son of Charles Xavier and the Israeli ambassador Gabrielle Haller. Due to his mutant gift of “Power Manifestation” David is able to access any power conceivable, be it reality warping, space folding, time twisting, wireless energy transfer or acid breath nothing is beyond David’s reach, Legion is for all intent and purposes a superpowers “cornucopia” and each new ability comes with a new and unpredictable personality in taw.
    David Haller holds a host of more than 200 omega level mutations and thousand of different mutant abilities with new ones being born each moment, among his most significant deeds we can annoverate the termination of limbo’s elder gods, the boxing of the 616 universe during the age of x event, the erasure of his own self from reality, the killing of Destiny and the time travel shenanigans that originated the age of apocalypse.
    David recently resurfaced in the #1 issue of Way of X by Si Spurrier, gladly he has not forgotten his previous love interest Blindfold, could the seer psychic be that far behind?

Legion is the first solo mutant that got his own tv show, and it was great mad fun, everyone should watch it snd enjoy the masterpiece.

Here is a link to Legion awesome respect thread were you can find informations about specific comic issues featuring David, https://comicvine.gamespot.com/legio...hread-2096832/

Last edited by Daedra; 05-10-2021 at 05:12 AM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

One of my favorite non-main cast mutants.

Wish he still had his watch...Ben 10
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Thanks for creating the thread, Daedra. I've always loved David or, better said, I've always loved the potential he had to be an awesome character. It's a shame very few writers wrote him as a person as opposed to a super powerful mutant creating some omega-level mess.

On a recent interview, Si Spurrier said David would interact with his dad. It makes me happy! I hope we get lots of meaningful dialogue between them. :)

Hi Daedra. Thanks for starting this thread!

Wow, has David come a long way from his beginnings. He seems to be unstoppable now!

? Are all of his powers at Omega levels, or is it just him being Omega Level which enables him to have 200+ powers? Almost seems like he would explode with that much power!
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

That 's a good question. I would think he has 200+ Omega level powers.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hi Daedra. Thanks for starting this thread!

Wow, has David come a long way from his beginnings. He seems to be unstoppable now!

? Are all of his powers at Omega levels, or is it just him being Omega Level which enables him to have 200+ powers? Almost seems like he would explode with that much power!
    Of the thousand of split personality/power iterations about 200 have a omega level mutation correspondence, it’s right there on the scan I posted, If you like check out the respect thread link I posted, it’s all explained in great detail with extracts from the issue that established these details.
    Last edited by Daedra; 05-10-2021 at 01:19 PM.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Of the thousand of split personality/power iterations about 200 have a omega level mutation correspondence, it’s right there on the scan I posted, If you like check out the respect thread link I posted, it us all explained in great detail with extracts from the issue that established these details.
    Oh sorry---I missed that! I will check that out. Thanks.

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Extraordinary Member

Liked him when introduced. Standard psi (TK, pyro, telepath) with a different personality in charge of each power but hate where they went with this 'every mutant power and every power had a personality' thing.

Astonishing Member

Question is the schizophrenia a part of David's power set? Or is it just a mental illness? Because as of right now Coco actually has a medicine that literally cures diseases of the mind not to mention they have a team of Psychics on Krakoa that can help him and some therapy sessions.

I'm just really excited for Spurrier to be writing Legion again is X-Men Legacy run was the first time I read a comic book about David and I loved what he did with his character. I feel like he really gave David some much-needed depth and his relationship with Blindfold was surprisingly well written I was so sad when that book ended in vision went back to limbo and then of course no other writers since picked up on that thread at all.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Question is the schizophrenia a part of David's power set? Or is it just a mental illness? Because as of right now Coco actually has a medicine that literally cures diseases of the mind not to mention they have a team of Psychics on Krakoa that can help him and some therapy sessions.

I'm just really excited for Spurrier to be writing Legion again is X-Men Legacy run was the first time I read a comic book about David and I loved what he did with his character. I feel like he really gave David some much-needed depth and his relationship with Blindfold was surprisingly well written I was so sad when that book ended in vision went back to limbo and then of course no other writers since picked up on that thread at all.
    IIRC...he was not schizophrenic...but has multiple personalities due to the trauma of the terrorist act he survived at a young age. 2 personalities were created by him...Jack and Cyndi...but the 3rd was actually one of the terrorists who attacked at the time and the attacked put enough stress on him to cause his telepathy to activate at a young age and absorb the mind of one of the terrorist. Jack controlled the TK, Cyndi the pyrokinesis and Jemail Karami (the terrorist) controlled the telepathy.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Chris0013 View Post
    IIRC...he was not schizophrenic...but has multiple personalities due to the trauma of the terrorist act he survived at a young age. 2 personalities were created by him...Jack and Cyndi...but the 3rd was actually one of the terrorists who attacked at the time and the attacked put enough stress on him to cause his telepathy to activate at a young age and absorb the mind of one of the terrorist. Jack controlled the TK, Cyndi the pyrokinesis and Jemail Karami (the terrorist) controlled the telepathy.
    I think the writers just didn't understand the mental disorders well. He's said to have autism, when he probably had catatonia, which is actually a part of schizophrenia (which Gabrielle, his mother, also had).

So reading the original posted link, Legion has Omega Power Manifestation. The definition of Omega Level is that one mutant power is deemed at Omega Level and for Legion it states Power Manifestation.

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    So reading the original posted link, Legion has Omega Power Manifestation. The definition of Omega Level is that one mutant power is deemed at Omega Level and for Legion it states Power Manifestation.
    Basically it means that his mutant ability to manifest different super powers is unlimited in its scope

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post

At first I thought his mental instability was due to the trauma from the terroristic attack but lately the way it is presented in comics tends to associate the personas proliferation to the mechanism at the base of his power generation.
    The personas are not fragments of David damaged psyche but real independent individuals, fully formed and complete on their own way.
    Last edited by Daedra; 05-10-2021 at 03:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Basically it means that his mutant ability to manifest different super powers is unlimited in its scope
    Wow, that is so crazy. Like super ubber powerful. I hope he does not explode all over the place, lol.