Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default X-Factor #9 preview

Be kind, it's FREE

The huge eyeball hanging over the legendary party of HOX #6 is very creepy.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member

if anyone's wondering geas is an irish word for curse

hate cant reach you here Harpsikord's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by carmoc1234 View Post
    To be more specific according to google it's an obligation or prohibition forced on a person.
    "We come into this world alone and we leave the same way. The time we spent in between - time spent alive, sharing, learning together... is all that makes life worth living." - Jean Grey

Looks good. Glad to see another mutant circuit reference thrown in or utilized.

Formerly Assassin Spider Huntsman Spider's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    To be more specific according to google it's an obligation or prohibition forced on a person.
    Thanks. I'll admit, the only reason I know that word myself is the anime Code Geass and the main protagonist having the power of "Absolute Command" over anyone who looked him in the eye.
    The spider is always on the hunt.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    The huge eyeball hanging over the legendary party of HOX #6 is very creepy.
    I mentioned it before, but i'm somewhat expecting a moment where someone or something vandalized an info page with something like "Lies!" "They know!" "The Black Hole Gods are watching!".

Not here though. I bet the eyeball is just the morrigan or something other quickly dealt with thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Harpsikord View Post
    It's a sort of cursed oath.

Can also be a "power at a price" kind of deal where someone gains a benefit for making a geas, until the moment where they fullfill or break it.

There was actualy an anime show named Code Geas in the early 2000's where the whole concept of a geas was used a lot.

Incredible Member

or a magical obligation

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Looks good. Glad to see another mutant circuit reference thrown in or utilized.
    Which is what exactly?
    GrindrStone(D)

I cant believe this Siryn plotline is STILL going on? It kinda feels dragged out by this point

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by BroHomo View Post
    Which is what exactly?
    It is the latest 'seed' Hickman planted for other people to make a big deal about so when he does his big thing a couple years from now we will all be "wow, brilliant!" but basically it is just anytime mutants use their powers anywhere near each other (and supposedly to some greater effect).

So many speech balloons.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    It is the latest 'seed' Hickman planted for other people to make a big deal about so when he does his big thing a couple years from now we will all be "wow, brilliant!" but basically it is just anytime mutants use their powers anywhere near each other (and supposedly to some greater effect).
    Hickman didn't even invent this concept, the X-Men have been combining powers since they started and CC did this all the time. All Hickman did was coin a proper term.

The only thing I was praising was Leah using something that is being emphasized in the line, as it highlights its importance as being part of the culture of Krakoa. Circuits as basic training instead of happy accidents in the field.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by ChronoRogue View Post
    Hickman didn't even invent this concept, the X-Men have been combining powers since they started and CC did this all the time. All Hickman did was coin a proper term.

The only thing I was praising was Leah using something that is being emphasized in the line, as it highlights its importance as being part of the culture of Krakoa. Circuits as basic training instead of happy accidents in the field.
    Sorry if it came off as saying you were making a big deal and that is what you are objecting to, I meant that with regards to the other writers. I can recall Ewing and Ayala both bringing it up, and now Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Not all of us will think that necessarily. I came out of Avengers/Secret Wars not very impressed at all, disappointed even.

While completely withholding judgment on the HiXmen right now, I think that between Hickman’s FF and Avengers/Secret Wars, which are his only two super big Marvel projects previously, that Hickman’s batting about .500. That’s a stellar average, better than a lot of Marvel creators, but it doesn’t guarantee that I’ll think his X-Men are brilliant at the end of this.