Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Crazy, cute Nimrod? Is that you, girl?!
    Let's get on with the Orchis and Nimrod and Space Singularity Gods plots, please.
    Yes! Give it all to us.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Welcome to the Marauders, Banshee.

Or Siryn

I have a feeling Wanda, Pietro, Wiccan, and Speed's status as mutants/non-mutants won't be re-retconned until the MCU makes a decision on that. The Marvel Comics offices seem to let Marvel Studios take the lead.

Quote Originally Posted by nightw1ng View Post
    I have a feeling Wanda, Pietro, Wiccan, and Speed's status as mutants/non-mutants won't be re-retconned until the MCU makes a decision on that. The Marvel Comics offices seem to let Marvel Studios take the lead.
    People say that a lot but that hasn't really happened in the last few years in practice. Hell, the comics just retconned Carol Danvers' origin to something that was further away from what the movies did.

Astonishing Member Dante Milton's Avatar

Banshee joining the book could be really good if Duggan bothers to write him, but he would probably be little better than wallpaper like half the characters on the team. Is that Tempo on the far right, or some random bit of gold something or other?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Krakoa View Post
    Also Billy not being a mutant just doesn't make sense. He was literally on the X-Men in a possible future of 616 in Battle of the Atom.
    The whole retcon falls apart when you even look at it. Somehow Wanda,Pietro, Wiccan, and Speed went YEARS without anybody testing them for the X gene or even a basic DNA test? You mean they never showed up on Cerebro's scans and Xavier didn't think that was a huge red flag?

Quote Originally Posted by nx01a View Post
    Crazy, cute Nimrod? Is that you, girl?!
    Let's get on with the Orchis and Nimrod and Space Singularity Gods plots, please.
    Nimrod the Lesser is the greatest thing to come out of the HiXmen thus far.

What a great character!

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

The best part of this XMM...
    JDW: This is Krakoa saying, “We’re not just here for us. We’re here for the world. We’re not just looking out for mutantkind’s interests. We’re looking out for everyone’s interests because we are still heroes at the end of the day.” So ideally, this X-Team is not going, “We’re here to protect mutants.” They’re going, “We’re here to protect the Earth.”
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Soulsword323 View Post
    Not shocked, but disappointed this X-Men lineup will only last a year. Hopefully Gerry will go into greater detail on how its going to work next week.
    I'm curious if Cyclops and Jean will stay on the team each year or if the entire lineup changes.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The best part of this XMM...
    JDW: This is Krakoa saying, “We’re not just here for us. We’re here for the world. We’re not just looking out for mutantkind’s interests. We’re looking out for everyone’s interests because we are still heroes at the end of the day.” So ideally, this X-Team is not going, “We’re here to protect mutants.” They’re going, “We’re here to protect the Earth.”
    Well they weren't subtile about Cyclop's motivation for restarting the X-men, after they were declared an outdated concept from a bygone era, when he more or less told the council "With respect, screw this, we are still doing the right thing!".

So i would have been somewhat suprised if the new X-men team was still reducing themself on national interests. They operated on everyone's interest while based on US soil, why shouldn't that be the same with Krakoa?

Also there is a reason i didn't vote for one of my favorit C-listers for the X-men. It just wouldn't have looked right for mutantkinds counterpart to the Avengers.

Incredible Member

Well spotted sir.

Confirmation finally, although it's been pretty obvious since Callisto's side glance at him in the reveal strip with Polaris.

Jordan just needs to stop being so wrong on the mutant age thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Really, someone came with the question: "who is the Jordan D. White of mutants?" Goodness that was ruining space for better questions.
    AIPT’s obsession with jerking off this man will never not be baffling to me. No one caaaaaaaares.

Astonishing Member gonnagiveittoya's Avatar

I think people are hung up on the "yearly team change" thing. One: "year" is super relative in a sliding timeline. Two: it's an election, so if they don't want to change the team they'll just say there been reelected, with maybe the fan vote slot open

Quote Originally Posted by Kurisu View Post
    AIPT’s obsession with jerking off this man will never not be baffling to me. No one caaaaaaaares.
    Hey, if it gets us weekly access to preview art and interviews with writers on the books, it's good w/ me.