Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Silver Fang View Post
    Well some of the better questions never seem to get picked because they're supposedly too spoilery. I hardly keep up with X-Mondays because they rarely seem to contain anything really good, exciting, or interesting.
    Sometimes they are good, but the ones with JDW are always pointless bores. These interviews make me dislike him because his answers suck so much.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    She just asked Dani to do the Crucible with her to free her brothers soul or something.
    yea I'm interested in how that will actually work. do they have a back up of her brother or is the backup in her mind and they need to separate it from the hers. if souls do transfer over would his just automatically separate from hers?

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Cannot be so, as Karma still has her powers. Only depowered mutants go through the crucible.
    No, she wants to go through the crucible so they'll separate her and her brother, who's soul she absorbed in her first appearance.

And in Way of X, it says that the crucible is "generally" for depowered mutants not only, so there are other reasons to allow it.

Extraordinary Member

Something I wish JDW was picking up on here, but I do not know if it is isolated to X-books, but if people are asking for scripts it is not because they want to see the blueprints, it is because the final product seems to need instructions to follow. This is not about being impatient or not having questions, long stories are great and so are things that are not answered right away, but people should have an idea of what something might be building up to or what the exact question is that is waiting an answer, or if it even should be a question.

Quote Originally Posted by RamaBird View Post
    Sometimes they are good, but the ones with JDW are always pointless bores. These interviews make me dislike him because his answers suck so much.
    Well, on the one hand I don’t dislike him for refraining from spoiling things. I can still remember when Wizard Magazine was your only source for knowing what was coming up in the books, at least as a reader (versus the comic shop owners who had advanced intel from the distributors), and it was always pretty vague. That made it really exciting when you turned the page and saw something you weren’t ready for, such as Magneto ripping Cable in half and also leeching the adamantium from Wolverine’s bones during Fatal Attractions. Both were mind blowing events for me at the time because I had no clue they were coming.

Having said that, times change, and they also need to build excitement and hype for upcoming books in today’s highly competitive and interactive entertainment environment. On this front, JDW fails miserably. His interviews and answers make him come across as so milquetoast that I almost always skip them entirely and just jump to the preview panels at the end, as I know that nothing exciting is contained in his answers.

With peace and love, I toooootally get that Billy and Tommy are controversial -- particularly when it comes to Krakoa/mutantkind but I would love it so, so, much if they wind up definitively identified as mutants.
    There are PLENTY of mutants who exist beyond the "X" and I'm not demanding Billy move to Krakoa (he's got space duties) but the continued guest spotting of Tommy is both welcome and deeply encouraged!
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-10-2021 at 04:52 PM.

I would like them to be mutants.

To me, their story and history is not as interesting if they are not. I mean, yes they are the reborn souls of a demon and the sons of a powerful witch, but just like with Wanda you are missing some important history context without the mutant angle.

Also yes, just like Quicksilver occasionally popping in with the X-Franchise, I'd like to see Speed around Krakoa more.

Astonishing Member Soulsword323's Avatar

Not shocked, but disappointed this X-Men lineup will only last a year. Hopefully Gerry will go into greater detail on how its going to work next week.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Same.
    With peace and love, I toooootally get that Billy and Tommy are controversial -- particularly when it comes to Krakoa/mutantkind but I would love it so, so, much if they wind up definitively identified as mutants.
    There are PLENTY of mutants who exist beyond the "X" and I'm not demanding Billy move to Krakoa (he's got space duties) but the continued guest spotting of Tommy is both welcome and deeply encouraged!
    Also Billy not being a mutant just doesn't make sense. He was literally on the X-Men in a possible future of 616 in Battle of the Atom.

Welcome to the Marauders, Banshee.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    Something I wish JDW was picking up on here, but I do not know if it is isolated to X-books, but if people are asking for scripts it is not because they want to see the blueprints, it is because the final product seems to need instructions to follow. This is not about being impatient or not having questions, long stories are great and so are things that are not answered right away, but people should have an idea of what something might be building up to or what the exact question is that is waiting an answer, or if it even should be a question.
    Exactly, I never have seen people want to read so much the scripts like this Hickman era. People usually like scripts to learn how to script scenes, here people want to understand the story being told.

Crazy, cute Nimrod? Is that you, girl?!
    Let's get on with the Orchis and Nimrod and Space Singularity Gods plots, please.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post
    Green plus yellow and black stripes. Banshee confirmed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Journey View Post
    Tragic honestly just stuck playing lackey to Emma & Kitty like poor Bishop & Iceman do.
    Dear Celestials, no! I can't stand The Kitty Show. Please don't put Banshee in a book I won't read!
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Forcefields for everyone! sallyblevins's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Master of Sound View Post
    Cannot be so, as Karma still has her powers. Only depowered mutants go through the crucible.
    I know, but she asked Dani to be her partner in the crucible. In the photo you can see all the new mutants even magma chamber and mondo. The ones missing? Dani and Karma

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hi-Fi View Post

Yes, Please and Thank you!!! I loved Sean and Emma working together in Gen-X so this could be a nice continuation of that.
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!