Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Super Moderator

Default Axel-In-Charge - Aug 22, 2014

Stephen Wacker, Marvel's VP of Current Animation, steps in for Axel Alonso and talks the new season of "Ultimate Spider-Man" and much more.

Full article here.

BANNED

I'm surprised that no one asked...Why aren't there any female based Marvel shows out yet ?

I mean they are owned by Disney, and their female superheroines could give the Disney Princesses a run for their money.

Also, so what if Marvel was brought by Disney to connect with the boys, BOTH COMPANIES SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE GROWING FEMALE COMIC BOOK READERSHIP, right ?

Also wasn't the new series created to GET RID OF LONG STANDING PLOTLINES ?
    Last edited by Cmbmool; 08-22-2014 at 02:19 PM.

Amazing Member

You know, I can't help but be really sad for kids today who are growing up without an animated X-Men series. Like, not getting to experience these character. I grew up in the 90s, so the X-Men, Spider-Man, and Batman series had a huge impact on me. I probablly wouldn't be a comic fan now without them.

And, lets be real, the only reason it's not happening is because FOX does the movies. Which I get, but is that really a good reason to just brush the X-Men aside? I mean, they can use the "kids aren't demanding it excuse" but kids weren't demanding GotG, but they're going to get it. And another thing, the kids don't know the X-Men, so of course they don't care about an animated series. But Disney knows if they do an X-Men series, that might push those kids to go see FOX's X-Men movies, and they don't want that. That's the real reason there's no X-Men series happening now.

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    I'm surprised that no one asked...Why aren't there any female based Marvel shows out yet ?

I mean they are owned by Disney, and their female superheroines could give the Disney Princesses a run for their money.

Also, so what if Marvel was brought by Disney to connect with the boys, BOTH COMPANIES SHOULD BE AWARE OF THE GROWING FEMALE COMIC BOOK READERSHIP, right ?
    Or at least more female characters on The Avengers. It seemed like most of the time, Black Widow was MIA on Avengers Assemble. It was almost always the guys. This show would be a great place to introduce Captain Marvel, The Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Woman, Tigra, etc. to a younger audience. So then when the do pop-up in the MCU, they'll have an even bigger fanbase than they do now. Kids will know who they are.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mr. Action View Post
    You know, I can't help but be really sad for kids today who are growing up without an animated X-Men series. Like, not getting to experience these character. I grew up in the 90s, so the X-Men, Spider-Man, and Batman series had a huge impact on me. I probablly wouldn't be a comic fan now without them.

Or at least more female characters on The Avengers. It seemed like most of the time, Black Widow was MIA on Avengers Assemble. It was almost always the guys. This show would be a great place to introduce Captain Marvel, The Wasp, Scarlet Witch, Spider-Woman, Tigra, etc. to a younger audience. So then when the do pop-up in the MCU, they'll have an even bigger fanbase than they do now. Kids will know who they are.
    I second this as I too miss the diversity selection of the Marvel Animated Universe from the 90s.

Also with Mockingbird entering the MCU/Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D in the fall, the company would at least try to promote her character in the comics again.

*Insert grumpy muttering about how much better off we were with Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine & the X-Men and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes here*

22. Sagittarius. Time Like Lightning's Avatar

Going back to Stan, Jack, Steve and the early days of the Marvel U., our line-up of characters has attempted to reflect the world and introduce our younger audience to ideas and cultures they may not be aware of. Sometimes we're slower than some would like, but I think we eventually get there.
    Doing better on race, Wacker. Now let's gay these shows up.
    "Courage is not the absence of fear, but rather the judgement that something else is more important than fear.
    The brave may not live forever, but the cautious do not live at all."

He/him/his pronouns.

Spectacular Member FN Spider-Man's Avatar

They already did a lot of that in A:EMH. Wasp and Captain Marvel had fairly substantial roles.

The Cardinals are the Devil.

Quote Originally Posted by CraigTheCylon View Post
    *Insert grumpy muttering about how much better off we were with Spectacular Spider-Man, Wolverine & the X-Men and Avengers: Earth's Mightiest Heroes here*

I know right? It's annoying hearing that crap.

Anyways I'm happy with where these shows are going. I've seen the first 8 episodes of season three and I can tell you that was outstanding. If you weren't a fan of the first season, but liked the seriousness and development of the second, you'll definitely enjoy the third season.
    Last edited by TheLemsterPju; 08-22-2014 at 03:05 PM.

BANNED

Wacker...Hulk is stronger than Thor. :Throws sand:

Quote Originally Posted by TheLemsterPju View Post
    I know right? It's annoying hearing that crap.

Anyways I'm happy with where these shows are going. I've seen the first 8 episodes of season three and I can tell you that was outstanding. If you weren't a fan of the first season, but liked the seriousness and development of the second, you'll definitely enjoy the third season.
    I assumed you're talking about Ultimate Spidey. And if so, I might just have to check it out. Totally wrote it off after a few of the first episodes (was also in Spectacular Spidey withdrawal...) but if it's really turned around I'd like to check it out again.

If you weren't talking about spidey well then my comment is lost

Mighty Member

Has Spider-Man season 3 started in America yet? If not, do we know when it begins?

Incredible Member

Ghost Rider AND Squirrel Girl?!! I feel spoiled.

Fantastic Member Jumpoff AKA JohnnyBlazed's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by wyokid View Post
    Ghost Rider AND Squirrel Girl?!! I feel spoiled.
    Ghost rider showing up?? !!!? They said the one thing that would get me to watch these shows!!I swear to god I hope this isn't All New ghost rider.

Spectacular Member

And, lets be real, the only reason it's not happening is because FOX does the movies. Which I get, but is that really a good reason to just brush the X-Men aside? I mean, they can use the "kids aren't demanding it excuse" but kids weren't demanding GotG, but they're going to get it. And another thing, the kids don't know the X-Men, so of course they don't care about an animated series. But Disney knows if they do an X-Men series, that might push those kids to go see FOX's X-Men movies, and they don't want that. That's the real reason there's no X-Men series happening now.
    From a business perspective that's a really good reason. Remember dude, Marvel's a business not a charity, it'd make no sense for them to dedicate resources to an X-Men cartoon instead of say a Galaxy of the Guardians cartoon where they get to reap the full benefits of their work.

Agreed. All 3 current Marvel toons each have a token female on their rosters who don't get to do much. Although White Tiger in Ultimate Spider-Man got a good spotlight episode with Kraven the Hunter. And we could use more female villains too. I don't think any of the 3 shows have a prominent one so far. Too bad Marvel isn't gonna make an X-Men cartoon any time soon cause there's so many staple X-Men characters that are female that you can't really do a cartoon without having a good chunk of the cast being women.

Quote Originally Posted by FN Spider-Man View Post
    They already did a lot of that in A:EMH. Wasp and Captain Marvel had fairly substantial roles.
    Wasp was the sole female team member for the entire season, but yeah Ms. Marvel's addition was welcomed, they did a pretty good job with her.