Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Looks fun, Woody's great, Tom's still got that mojo going from the last one. Yep, looks like good guilty fun.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Looks fun, Woody's great, Tom's still got that mojo going from the last one. Yep, looks like good guilty fun.
    Tom vs. Woody will at least be good. I'm sure on that. Although starting off Venom as a hero will always be off to me. I don't recall Eddie Brock or the symbiote ever being good from the beginning.

Why is this movie going out of it's way to make a very attractive actress like Naomi Harris look unattractive? Shriek was drawn (At least when I was a regular reader of Spider-Man) to be an attractive villain, Naomi Harris is an attractive actress. What are you doing movie?
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Tom vs. Woody will at least be good. I'm sure on that. Although starting off Venom as a hero will always be off to me. I don't recall Eddie Brock or the symbiote ever being good from the beginning.
    Even when he first started he always said he didn't like to hurt "innocents". He did sometimes to complete his goal of killing Spiderman who he hated. But he had a code from the start. I wouldn't call him good but he didn't like hurting innocent people. As time went on he became more good than bad.

Eh, I get why though - when you can't tack your only real hero property into both the MCU and your own attempt at a shared universe, and you can't make your own corner of the MCU, but you still want to make superhero films with the properties you got, you learn to make do.

Thought it looked cool. I didn’t like the first Venom as much as most did so wasn’t all the excited for this but it made me chuckle ans Carnage looks great. Woody always brings it.

Ultimate Member

I think it could have worked if they used Flash instead of Eddie. He had actual internal conflict and better motivation, IMO

Ultimate Member

I know it's a trailer but the effects seem a little awkward. I hope the final product is better, and we can actually see both symbiotes in the daylight.
    Exactly.

They don’t look polished.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    Eh, I get why though - when you can't tack your only real hero property into both the MCU and your own attempt at a shared universe, and you can't make your own corner of the MCU, but you still want to make superhero films with the properties you got, you learn to make do.
    I know why they did it, but artistically, it doesn't sit well with me. Venom's based on Spider-Man. It's not like Doc Ock, or the Goblin, whose origins are unrelated.

Quote Originally Posted by The Cool Thatguy View Post
    I think it could have worked if they used Flash instead of Eddie. He had actual internal conflict and better motivation, IMO
    Yeah, but Flash is with the MCU. Still, he could work better in that regard.

Quote Originally Posted by Username taken View Post
    Exactly.

They don’t look polished.
    Trailers don't always accurately reflect movies, so I'm hoping it'll be better by release

Ultimate Member

Yeah, but Flash is with the MCU. Still, he could work better in that regard.
    They could have given Eddie his background, or just called him Eugene instead of Flash.

Eddie's character has just always been a little lacking, IMO

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Why is this movie going out of it's way to make a very attractive actress like Naomi Harris look unattractive? Shriek was drawn (At least when I was a regular reader of Spider-Man) to be an attractive villain, Naomi Harris is an attractive actress. What are you doing movie?
    Here breakout role in PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN sequels didn't exactly flatter her either.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Here breakout role in PIRATES OF THE CARRIBEAN sequels didn't exactly flatter her either.
    I might get called racist, but she also doesn't have the domino-looking skin from the comics. This is also happening with Netflix's Sandman series.

Ultimate Member

They could have given Eddie his background, or just called him Eugene instead of Flash.

Eddie's character has just always been a little lacking, IMO
    Isn't he supposed to be a crooked reporter? Honestly, that could actually work in a post-fake news world.

Ultimate Member

Isn't he supposed to be a crooked reporter? Honestly, that could actually work in a post-fake news world.
    No, he was overeager in the comics. He was only crooked in the Spider-Man movie

Ultimate Member

No, he was overeager in the comics. He was only crooked in the Spider-Man movie
    Ok. I guess I remembered wrong