Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

I'll give this a watch. Tom's a top bloke (I've spoken to him in person because he lives not far from me) so I'll happily support his work.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay View Post
    I'll give this a watch. Tom's a top bloke (I've spoken to him in person because he lives not far from me) so I'll happily support his work.
    Yeah, I'm guessing the actors are going to carry this. Although I hope the rest is good

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    Yeah, I'm guessing the actors are going to carry this. Although I hope the rest is good
    I'm a huge fan of Woody Harrelson also, plus Naomie Harris' involvement is an added bonus.

Ultimate Member

I'm a huge fan of Woody Harrelson also, plus Naomie Harris' involvement is an added bonus.
    I think they'll do a good job. I hope the fight scenes are good too.

As for the story, it was a bit weak in the first movie. With Carnage being a serial killer, maybe that will change.

Quote Originally Posted by Nate Grey View Post
    I'm there.

Now I'm wondering what they're gonna do for a part 3, unless its Venom vs Carnage round 2.
    There are more symbiotes to play with but I would love to see something different. I could see Maximum Carnage being a possible route if they keep Carnage around.

With Shriek supposedly in this, they have Carrion, Deathlok, Doppleganger, Demogoblin, Morbius, Cloak & Dagger, Firestar, Black Cat, Nightwatch they could all play with. Don't even really need Peter but that could be fun ...
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Niffleheim

Still feels like a throwback 90s movies.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BeastieRunner View Post
    There are more symbiotes to play with but I would love to see something different. I could see Maximum Carnage being a possible route if they keep Carnage around.

With Shriek supposedly in this, they have Carrion, Deathlok, Doppleganger, Demogoblin, Morbius, Cloak & Dagger, Firestar, Black Cat, Nightwatch they could all play with. Don't even really need Peter but that could be fun ...
    Aren't Cloak, Dagger and Deathlok with Marvel Studios?

I think they'll do a good job. I hope the fight scenes are good too.

As for the story, it was a bit weak in the first movie. With Carnage being a serial killer, maybe that will change.
    Yeah, the story could've been better. Then again, it is Sony; their handling of their properties is almost as bad as Warner Brothers.

Aren't Cloak, Dagger and Deathlok with Marvel Studios?
    Cloak & Dagger yes. Not sure on Deathlok.

They could always workout a trade for more Spidey-time in the MCU.

There are other comparable Spidey Family characters they could use to swap out those 3, IMHO.

Ben Reilly, Kaine, Spidercide, Silvermane, the list goes on. I think some permutation of Maximum Carnage could be done and perhaps having it Vemon-centric with no Spider-Man might make the story better.

It has been confirmed in an interview with Woody, Tom, and the director that the characters in Venom 2 DON'T know who Spider-Man is. It read as that Spidey does not exist (yet?) in this universe of films but that there is leeway.
    Last edited by BeastieRunner; 05-10-2021 at 01:05 PM.
    "Always listen to the crazy scientist with a weird van or armful of blueprints and diagrams." -- Vibranium

Ultimate Member

Yeah, the story could've been better. Then again, it is Sony; their handling of their properties is almost as bad as Warner Brothers.
    I didn't think the first was great, just ok, and I don't really get the idea of Venom without Spider-Man anyway. Plus, every Sony Spider-Man live action movie after SM2 hasn't been that great. So I'm not jumping for joy about this either, but, ideally I want it to be good and to succeed

There are other comparable Spidey Family characters they could use to swap out those 3, IMHO.

Ben Reilly, Kaine, Spidercide, Silvermane, the list goes on.

It has been confirmed in an interview with Woody, Tom, and the director that the characters in Venom 2 DON'T know who Spider-Man is. It read as that Spidey does not exist (yet?) in this universe of films but that there is leeway.
    I guess so, since those two aren't doing anything right now. But idk if I trust Sony to do them right.

As for Tom, I think they're leaving this all open-ended in case they want to integrate this into the MCU

Well, this looks like it'll be fun, count me in!

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Which 90s movies? I know it's a decade that gets a lot of flack for going "dark and gritty" in the comics, and "hip and edgy" elsewhere, but I can't think of any of them that looks like this. The special effects alone would've been completely undoable back then.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Tofali View Post
    Which is my greatest complaint.

It all looks so....ordinary.

But heck, if people enjoy it then more power to them. It doesn’t look like something I’ll enjoy. I think the symbiotes play better off a superhero than themselves. This movie’s battles are likely going to be almost identical to the first movie.

I can see that - both mostly mishandle their properties and deliver some mediocre films and outright clunkers - while somehow also inexplicably managing to once in a blue moon deliver some of the best and most defining genre movies of their eras. The studio that gave us Catwoman and Steel and Snyder's films also gave us The Dark Knight trilogy and Wonder Woman and Joker. The studio that gave us Spider-Man 3 and The Amazing Spider-Man duology also gave us Spider-Man 2 and Into The Spider-Verse. How can studios who so badly handle their various superhero titles on average manage to deliver some of the best stuff once in a blue moon? Here's hoping this turns out more like a Spider-Man 2 or Spider-Verse and less like some of their other films...

Looks fun, if nothing else. Hope it's more consistent then the first one was.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Ben Reilly, Kaine, Spidercide, Silvermane, the list goes on. I think some permutation of Maximum Carnage could be done and perhaps having it Vemon-centric with no Spider-Man might make the story better.

There's a version of Deathlok in Agents of Shield.
    chrism227.wordpress.com Info and opinions on a variety of interests.

https://twitter.com/chrisprtsmouth