Default Help find a comic where Wonder Woman kisses a goddess

I'm pretty sure I recently ran across a comic storyline where Diana ended up kissing this goddess that looked like a shining yellow silhouette. Possibly something related to the sun. It must have been during the climax of the story.

I think it must have been around the year 2000 that the story was published. Maybe a few years sooner or later. . I think it was either a story from a Justice League book or a graphic novel. Or maybe a crossover. I'm pretty sure it wasn't part of her main solo book, but I could be wrong. It might have been in continuity but it could also be non canon or an elseworld or something.

Sorry for all these vague descriptions. Anybody have any idea what I'm talking about?

Nevermind. Found the answer. It's a crazy comic called "Whom Gods Destroy" (published in 1996)
    "n a world where Superman hasn't aged a day since the Nazis won WWII; Clark Kent infiltrates Axis dominated Europe in pursuit of Lana Lang, who has fallen prey to the enchantress Circe, while Lois Lane finds herself transformed by the power of the ancient gods into a Wonder Woman"

Lois (transformed into Wonder Woman) kisses Artemis as the goddess lits herself on fire.

WW kiss Artemis.jpg

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Nevermind. Found the answer. It's a crazy comic called "Whom Gods Destroy" (published in 1996)
    "n a world where Superman hasn't aged a day since the Nazis won WWII; Clark Kent infiltrates Axis dominated Europe in pursuit of Lana Lang, who has fallen prey to the enchantress Circe, while Lois Lane finds herself transformed by the power of the ancient gods into a Wonder Woman"

Lois (transformed into Wonder Woman) kisses Artemis as the goddess lits herself on fire.

WW kiss Artemis.jpg
    Never heard of this story before and it's very Clairemont. Not really for me on a lot of fronts, but I hope this thread helps some people who would enjoy this book find it.
    Last edited by Robanker; 05-10-2021 at 11:54 AM.

Incredible Member

I remember loving the art and thinking the story was a mess.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Never heard of this story before and it's very Clairemont. Not really for me on a lot of fronts, but I hope this thread helps some people who would enjoy this book find it.
    It was not the best story to put it nicely, but that scene was cool.

My first thought upon seeing the thread title was: 'I don't think you can link to those sites on here'.

I heard about Claremont's crazy Elseworlds tale. Is it the same one where Superman gets turned into a centaur?

Quote Originally Posted by John Venus View Post
    My first thought upon seeing the thread title was: 'I don't think you can link to those sites on here'.

I heard about Claremont's crazy Elseworlds tale. Is it the same one where Superman gets turned into a centaur?
    There's something about a centaur all right, but I haven't read the story itself. Gotta say though, this is probably my favorite panel of Wonder Woman kissing someone, and it's exactly the type of romance I want her to have. Something beautiful and fantastic. And again, first time Wonder Woman kissed a woman in a comic book.

Incredible Member

Is it the same one where Superman gets turned into a centaur?
    Yes. Superman gets turned into a centaur, and Diana is a sadomasochistic Nazi. I remember being excited for the story because it was the first time, as far as I knew (and know), that Claremont had written Diana, even if it was in Elseworlds. Honestly, I'm not that fussed that he cast Diana as a villain and Lois as WW; I just remember the story as unnecessarily convoluted and not very good.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Yes, and Diana is a Nazi as well as all the WW stuff being given to Superman characters who eventually enter a polyamorous relationship (which I just never could see for Lois or Clark).

The whole thing just feels like madness and incredibly disrespectful to Wonder Woman. Maybe it works better in execution but just a cursory glance was enough for me to say Claremont should never be allowed near either IP and frankly the art was appalling as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Yes, and Diana is a Nazi as well as all the WW stuff being given to Superman characters who eventually enter a polyamorous relationship (which I just never could see for Lois or Clark).

The whole thing just feels like madness and incredibly disrespectful to Wonder Woman. Maybe it works better in execution but just a cursory glance was enough for me to say Claremont should never be allowed near either IP and frankly the art was appalling as well.
    Wait, is this Claremont like Chris Claremont?

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Wait, is this Claremont like Chris Claremont?
    Yup, the same one

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Yup, the same one
    I never knew he wrote anything outside of X-men...

This was after he left X-Men in 1991.

He also had a brief stint on JLA with John Byrne doing the 'Tenth Circle' arc where the JLA fought a group of vampires lead by man named Lord Crucifer (yes really).