Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Incredible Member

Default Venom: Let There Be Carnage - Trailer Released

What do you expect and want for the film?

Ultimate Member

I hope the fight is in daylight so I can see it.

Extraordinary Member

Looks great.Kasady has presonal connections with brock,I want to see how they play with that.The funny Venom stuff with breakfast really surprised me in a good way.The chocolate stuff was a great addition.This is the kind of trailer I like.It tells you so much yet so little.Glad we got a look at carnage and not just a peak.Also is venom now a crime fighter.Spider-man would scare some people away,batman would scare more but Venom would literallly make everyone never commit crime ever again.
    The one thing I want is a Spider-man post-credit scene.Andrew Spidey plus this would be *chef's kiss*.Tom's would be fine too I guess

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mik View Post
    I hope the fight is in daylight so I can see it.
    I don't think they will tbh.almost all the fight stuff was in the dark

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I don't think they will tbh.almost all the fight stuff was in the dark
    Yeah, that's what it looks like. Although trailers can mislead

So it looks like they inject Cletus with a piece of Venom like in the ASM 2 video game.

Shriek at 1:58.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Pattern_Maker View Post
    So it looks like they inject Cletus with a piece of Venom like in the ASM 2 video game.

Shriek at 1:58.
    I wonder how big of a role she'll play in this.

BANNED

I legit enjoyed and liked the first VENOM but I also thought that the stuff that made that fun (the bizarre tone, Tom Hardy's performance) wasn't franchis-able.

The trailer does seem to appreciate what worked there, and Harrelson as Cassady/Carnage is a good pick. The Carnage Symbiote looks fine but if the movie is Rated-R they should go for something more flesh-like in my view.

It should like intestines cut out of the body (like in the opening scene of Saving Private Ryan) animated as a symbiote and really bloody and grotesque.

Basically I want a R-Rated movie that's really violent, really gore-y and splatter-y. I want EVENT HORIZON the superhero movie.

Carnage is an intrinsically extreme and violent character who murders people in horrific and brutal fashion and the superhero comics especially in Spider-Man have limits on how far they can take that and show that. A R-Rated movie can go places the comics can't.

Ultimate Member

Venom cooking is something that I never knew that I needed, until now.

Also Cletus looks genuinely creepy here, and that shot of Carnage at the end was perfect.

with my antipathy for Venom, I'm not all-in for this, but I'm not rooting for it to fail.

I'm definitely not interested in Peter Parker showing up in any capacity. No MCU crossovers, thanks.

Andy Serkis as director, interesting. Obviously he has plenty of experience with CGI-acting, I guess he'll coach the symbiote-character actors.

... A Detroit Lions jacket? curious. (Yes, I know this is in San Francisco).

Mighty Member

This looks mildly terrible and I'm all in for it. The first movie was bad but I was entertained the whole way through it. If it has the same energy but with Carnage then I'm in for a good time.

Ultimate Member

You can see Naomie Harris (who’s playing Shriek) briefly in the trailer as well. Looks like she’s getting powers as well.

I'll give this a watch. Tom's a top bloke (he lives not far from me so I have spoken to him occasionally) so I'll happily support his work.

based on the trailer. somehow cletus gets infected with carnage escapes and I assume goes to new york to break his girlfriend out of jail. Since Ravencroft is a NY location
    "He's pure power and doesn't even know it. He's the best of us."-Matt Murdock

"I need a reason to take the mask off."-Peter Parker

"My heart half-breaks at how easy it is to lie to him. It breaks all the way when he believes me without question." Felicia Hardy

Looks nice
    I like that Venom is basically a child alien monster
    Carnage looks off too bulky, not red enough

The movie may be bad but I guess Venom is popular enough to not need spidey to carry his own movie franchise