Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Looks like it's going to be fun.

Oh, to be a fly on the wall at Marvel when Feige saw this. This is the guy that wouldn't even let Blade be rated R and is forced to watch Sony do this with Marvel's second most valuable Spidey property.
    Last edited by Anthony W; 05-10-2021 at 08:05 PM.
    "The Marvel EIC Chair has a certain curse that goes along with it: it tends to drive people insane, and ultimately, out of the business altogether. It is the notorious last stop for many staffers, as once you've sat in The Big Chair, your pariah status is usually locked in." Christopher Priest

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony W View Post
    Oh, to be a fly on the wall at Marvel when Feige saw this. This is the guy that wouldn't even let Blade be rated R and is forced to watch Sony do this with Marvel's second most valuable Spidey property.
    Well the first Venom was PG-13. This was a green band trailer.

We don't know if the version released will be rated R. We are assuming/hoping it will be so. But until it's happened, Sony doesn't get to sit back on a wicker-chair and rest on the arms and smirk to Feige, "Your move, Disney".

Like I said if you want to do a R-Rated take on Carnage, the movie's gotta look like EVENT HORIZON at the low end. That was a pretty frightening and disturbing horror film with horrible violence and gore.

Carnage owing to its connection to Spider-Man even in comics hardly ever gets to go full ultra-violent. Artists over the years have done scary stuff with the Symbiotes even in the pages of ASM that's true but there's always a limit, and even outside of Spider-Man being all-ages, Marvel Comics even in its most MAX entries never gets as violent as Garth Ennis' CROSSED or Avatar Press.

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

This looks awesome, as long as the action is brutal and intense (and the symbiote fight is not limited to the very end like in the first film). I definitely hope that it is rated R and does Carnage justice.

Oh, and there appears to be a Spider-Man cameo at 1:28.
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

this looks terrible, perfect
    I don't blind date I make the direct market vibrate

You think he cares about that?
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by Revolutionary_Jack View Post
    Well the first Venom was PG-13. This was a green band trailer.

We don't know if the version released will be rated R. We are assuming/hoping it will be so. But until it's happened, Sony doesn't get to sit back on a wicker-chair and rest on the arms and smirk to Feige, "Your move, Disney".

Like I said if you want to do a R-Rated take on Carnage, the movie's gotta look like EVENT HORIZON at the low end. That was a pretty frightening and disturbing horror film with horrible violence and gore.

Carnage owing to its connection to Spider-Man even in comics hardly ever gets to go full ultra-violent. Artists over the years have done scary stuff with the Symbiotes even in the pages of ASM that's true but there's always a limit, and even outside of Spider-Man being all-ages, Marvel Comics even in its most MAX entries never gets as violent as Garth Ennis' CROSSED or Avatar Press.
    The amount of comedy in trailer and the tone of Venom talking I highly doubt the movie is Rated R and if even it was rated R it doubt they are going ultra violent. Venom 1 did good because the widest possible audience could see it, I think Sony is trying to do the same thing again.

It is does not makes sense not to launch with red band trailer, Being R would be the biggest selling point and the whole campaign would be center around it. Why in world would it launch with trailer with a 10 second food gag joke for a brutal violent movie. Why try to attract all ages for a movie they can't watch?

All-New Member

I thought they announced MCU Deadpool 3 would be rated R

Quote Originally Posted by flint marko View Post
    I thought they announced MCU Deadpool 3 would be rated R
    It is Deadpool is going to be R, It is only movie they have interest in being R tho. Other than maybe Punisher we are probably not going see R movie from the MCU after Deadpool.

I don't Sony is that interested in their Spiderman adjacent franchise being R either

Ultimate Member

I believe Avi Arad said it explicitly that the Venoms aren't going to be rated-R.

Honestly, this trailer doesn't scream rated-R at all.

iMan 42s

My only issue is that Spider-man 3 still has the most interesting costume design for Venom and frankly while not appearing in the film has Carnage beat as well. Like not even a bit of black across the mouth?

Otherwise I'm expecting it to be as good as the last one.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

I'm at least a C-Lister! exile001's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Killerbee911 View Post
    It is Deadpool is going to be R, It is only movie they have interest in being R tho.
    Exactly, and that's only because Reynolds has been very clear he wouldn't do a lower rated Deadpool.
    "Has Sariel summoned you here, Azrael? Have you come to witness the miracle of your brethren arriving on Earth?"

"I WILL MIX THE ASHES OF YOUR BONES WITH SALT AND USE THEM TO ENSURE THE EARTH THE TEMPLARS TILLED NEVER BEARS FRUIT AGAIN!"

"*sigh* I hoped it was for the miracle."

Dan Watters' Azrael was incredible, a constant delight and perhaps too good for this world (but not the Forth). For the love of St. Dumas, DC, give us more!!!

More eldritch than thou Venomous Mask's Avatar

New trailer. Personally, I think that they nailed Carnage:
    "I should describe my known nature as tripartite, my interests consisting of three parallel and disassociated groups; a) love of the strange and the fantastic, b) love of abstract truth and scientific logic, c) love of the ancient and the permanent. Sundry combinations of these strains will probably account for my...odd tastes, and eccentricities."

Quote Originally Posted by Jman27 View Post
    based on the trailer. somehow cletus gets infected with carnage escapes and I assume goes to new york to break his girlfriend out of jail. Since Ravencroft is a NY location
    In the previous movie, it's in San Francisco.
    You are my favorite thing, Peter. My very favorite thing.

I just hope this movie is a boatload of fun tbh. If it's that, that will be all that matters to me personally.