Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I like them, maybe Cassie or Donna goes to a college and befriends theme or inspires them to help people out

Lol now Im reminded of those recruitment videos

Extraordinary Member

They ought to be brought back

Right now, Diana doesn't ever go home, because she doesn't appear to have one. Is it Georgetown, Gateway, Ocean City, Leesburg or Boston? Is it any of them or none them? Take your pick. She never goes home.

I think it would be wonderful, if Holliday College, a women's college, gave her a historic house to live in, somewhere on its campus. I surely don't think she should be living in a sorority house, with the Lamdas, ..but should have one of her own, if only to give these young ladies room to be reckless, irresponsible, young ladies! With Wonder Woman, I can imagine it going down, that way, in a famous, real-world women's college - there's prestige to be considered.

And, since Etta's Bar-L Ranch is in Texas...perhaps, Holliday College could be somewhere, in the scenic, wild American Southwest! Maybe, Holliday College has a Holliday, Marston or Alamo City ..wrapped around it. No objections, here!
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-12-2021 at 09:23 AM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

Back in the day it was a thing that Wonder Woman was occasionally recognized as part of the faculty. Using the opportunity to teach the Beeta Lambda girls Amazonian super strength and physical training. And her adventures counting as field trips.

The only certainties we have with the colleges location is that its in the United States, and that its supposed to neighbor a rival university called 'Starvard'

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    Back in the day it was a thing that Wonder Woman was occasionally recognized as part of the faculty. Using the opportunity to teach the Beeta Lambda girls Amazonian super strength and physical training. And her adventures counting as field trips.

The only certainties we have with the colleges location is that its in the United States, and that its supposed to neighbor a rival university called 'Starvard'
    Starvard was the all-male brother college to Holliday College for Women. That's where Etta's geeky boyfriend, Oscar Sweetgulper, studied. In the WW comic, I think these colleges were imagined to be in DC or surrounding VA or MD - not sure.
    Last edited by Mel Dyer; 05-12-2021 at 11:19 PM.
    COMBINING THE BIGBADITUDE OF THANOS WITH CHEETAH'S FEROCITY, IS JANUS WONDER WOMAN'S GREATEST SUPERVILLAIN?...on WONDABUNGA!!! Look alive, Kangaliers!

I love them in GA, which is the only era I've read with them included so far, I think. I don't know if they would resonate with as many readers these days, I get the impression that fraternities/sororities aren't what they used to be, although that might be because I'm from the UK and I don't think it's ever been present to the extent that it is in US.

They are fun though. If they were brought in now then they would need to be updated obviously, but I guess a lot of that would occur naturally given the difference between comics now and then anyway.

Can you give a bit more information on why you dislike (if dislike is the word?) them as a concept? I've never noticed anybody look particularly unfavourably on them
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Me? I love them.

I think they are the best supporring cast Wonder Woman ever had, doing the whole Wonder Girl and Vanessa Kapatelis way back in the 40s with Diana training them and helping a group of women reach their full potential, both mentally and physically.

I think they should be more than a sorority though. They should be an actual organization of women shelters and martial arts training connected to various college campus around the world and with a headquarters in Holliday College as a sort of commune where people practice alternate lifestyles and explore the best of technology, arts, philosophy, athleticism, etc. To me this is a much more interesting way for Diana to change the world than being an Ambassador that has to attend fancy boring parties and make speeches at the U.N.

But I created this thread because I don't know if others like them at all and I wanted an unfiltered view from the rest of the community.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Me? I love them.

I think they are the best supporring cast Wonder Woman ever had, doing the whole Wonder Girl and Vanessa Kapatelis way back in the 40s with Diana training them and helping a group of women reach their full potential, both mentally and physically.

I think they should be more than a sorority though. They should be an actual organization of women shelters and martial arts training connected to various college campus around the world and with a headquarters in Holliday College as a sort of commune where people practice alternate lifestyles and explore the best of technology, arts, philosophy, athleticism, etc. To me this is a much more interesting way for Diana to change the world than being an Ambassador that has to attend fancy boring parties and make speeches at the U.N.

But I created this thread because I don't know if others like them at all and I wanted an unfiltered view from the rest of the community.
    Oh, sorry, by rant I assumed you meant that you dislike them A bit presumptuous.
    “We have a saying, my people. Don’t kill if you can wound, don’t wound if you can subdue, don’t subdue if you can pacify, and don’t raise your hand at all until you’ve first extended it.”

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Me? I love them.

Agreed I had this exact same idea floating around in my head, I think the concept has a lot of legs if it were put in the comics.
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

They LAUGHED at my theory SteveGus's Avatar

Always thought they were a concept that was pitifully underused and easily updated for the 21st century. Greek campus life is a bit fraught these days, but having the Holliday Girls be a women's track team at Holliday College, with Diana as coach - a paying job in Man's World that she obviously qualifies for - would give her a home in the USA and a source for many different story angles.
    "At what point do we say, 'You're mucking with our myths'?" - Harlan Ellison

I often liked the idea. And heck maybe the Holiday Girls could also be a place where all walks of life meet. That many humans but some are magically. They are still to be Diana's army. So I kind of want to see more of that.

Great concept and definitely should be revived. I like them!

In my Wonder Woman Series Bible Thingee I’ve got a paragraph about them, the members, the history of Beta Lambda, and three storylines the girls get involved in.

Fun stuff to think about and another way to broaden and explore the Wonder mythos with more characters in more settings and with more themes.

Jax City/Kill The FIremen

I love them. They need to come back! I loved no matter the situation they were in, they just came ready to kick-ass. They were the true definition of "squad". When Diana says: Get my girls, they were always ready.
    Since Cassie is at college age, how about Cassie become the leader of the group while in college? That can be fun.

If I got my hands on the Wondy universe Cassie would definitely meet Diana by first joining the Holliday Girls. I believe Cassie actually had a fan club in the latter part of the new 52 ( the Teen Titans volume 5) but I don't remember if they actually got in the middle of the action.
    Last edited by Alpha; 06-03-2021 at 11:52 PM.

Looks like they did get into some action, just how I like it. But again, this was the Wonder Girl fan club, not the Holliday Girls. They weren't growing intelectually, they were just inspired by Cassie in becoming activists/ vigilantes.

IMG_20210604_075448.jpgIMG_20210604_075529.jpg