View Poll Results: Psycrow: Ship or Sink?

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • I Stan Psycrow, raise the mast!

39 62.90%
  • No Thank You, fire torpedoes!

14 22.58%
  • I'll wait and see how this goes (sorry couldn't think of a pun... maybe something with submarines?)

9 14.52%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Psycrow (Kwannon x Greycrow) yay or nay?

Been awhile since I ever got into a comic ship but I have been devouring all things Hellions by Zeb Wells and I gotta say. I'm all in for Kwannon and Greycrow hooking up like the book seems to be leading towards. Do you think this can become the next "Gambit and Rogue x-ship" (hopefully not with all the weird cringe @#%$ from the early to mid 2000's and 2010's)

They are a cliché but I must say that they seem like a well executed cliché to me. I like to see them together.

Extraordinary Member

I think whatever the relationship might be described as at this point is being done to set up some sort of tragedy. I foresee quite the betrayal in the works.

I like to people bonding over common traumas.

I don’t mind them together but I would prefer to see Kwannon single for a while. She was just brought back and I think she needs more time to be developed solo before being thrown into a relationship.

Quote Originally Posted by Flameworthy View Post
    I don’t mind them together but I would prefer to see Kwannon single for a while. She was just brought back and I think she needs more time to be developed solo before being thrown into a relationship.
    Fair point and you're not alone in that. You reminded me of an interesting conversation from a comic podcast I listen to called, X is For Podcast. They were discussing, Hellions issue #8 when the topic of Psycrow was brought up and it was 3 no's against 1 yes and the no's had good points similar to yours.

And then the yes side gave their point and it was good enough to have one no switch to a yes, and another no meet in the middle and want a slow burn romance so it feels more organic.

I totally recommend listening to this if you want. I'll leave a link to the episode here.

No Psycrow pov starts at the beginning of the topic at 19:19

Yes Psycrow pov gives their side at 22:26

EP. 32 THIS IS THE REIGN OF X — Hellions, X-Class Diversity, & Eternals!
    Last edited by Grimm911; 05-10-2021 at 12:58 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by cranger View Post
    I think whatever the relationship might be described as at this point is being done to set up some sort of tragedy. I foresee quite the betrayal in the works.
    I feel similarly. Kwannon seems like she's a bit of a tragic character, and I don't see her having a Happily Ever After anytime soon. But that's part of what I like about the relationship. At this point, there's just a bunch of tension and potential.
    Kwannon is a very focused character, and her one weakness is being exploited by Sinister. And if Sinister was aware of her growing connection to Greycrow, he's definitely going to try to exploit that too.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

While I'm not heavily into the relationship soap opera drama, this paring actually looks and sounds quite interesting...I say Yay! (to Greynnon)
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

Mighty Member

I’m ok with a Greylocke pairing. As long as it develops like it is and isn’t flip a page and it’s happening.

Whatever Zeb Wells wants to do with his characters is fine by me. I trust him to deliver good stories out of this relationship. So, yes!
    Last edited by MentalManipulator; 05-10-2021 at 08:51 PM.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

as long as it isn't Fantomax - that was a dark period for Betsy for me - he was just a total ass

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    as long as it isn't Fantomax - that was a dark period for Betsy for me - he was just a total ass
    But this isn't Betsy lol

Anyways I'm a sucker for this kind of tragic / Redemptive Romance so I freaking love it. Wells and even Tini to a lesser extent have done a good job with Psylocke.

Fire the nukes pls.

Gross keep it away.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

I'm up for it.

A Psylocke, Forge, Greycrow triangle could be interesting