Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

.... so what's his history with Nightmare, or Sleepwalker? I guess we'll eventually find out... or not?
    I'm not super-into the trend of retconned "forgotten" new characters, but hopefully he'll turn out to be interesting.

Looks great!
    Is there a who’s who for the characters on the cover? I recognize about half of them.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dipter View Post
    (,,,) is revealed to be a mutant who apparently had an "extraordinary impact on an x-man long ago"
    Because that kind of introduction for brand new characters has such a good track record of making them relevant, interesting or giving them any staying power. *sarcasm*

Quote Originally Posted by Havok83 View Post
    Finally? When did Marvel stop creating new mutants?
    They didn't even stop making new mutants when the EIC decided that there were far too many mutant characters and ordered a story in which Wanda destroyed every mutants X-gene except for (officialy) 198.

Quote Originally Posted by Gray Lensman View Post
    How long will it take this thread to reach 100 pages of anger over a new character showing up when there are still any pre-existing characters who aren't regular cast members somewhere yet?
    The irony in that kind of reaction is that judging by recent history, this character has a high probability of just joining these pre-existing characters in that fate quickly anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    The irony in that kind of reaction is that judging by recent history, this character has a high probability of just joining these pre-existing characters in that fate quickly anyway.
    At least he wasn’t introduced with a new “class” of mutant characters. That’s a ticket straight to wallpaper.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    .... so what's his history with Nightmare, or Sleepwalker? I guess we'll eventually find out... or not?
    I'm not super-into the trend of retconned "forgotten" new characters, but hopefully he'll turn out to be interesting.
    This doesn't feel quite as much like that to me, since there's no indication he'll be retconned into modern comics history and not say, Daken's mostly unseen past.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I like the cape, but hate the costume. It sounds like he died but will be resurrected on Krakoa, not sure how I feel about that. I can't really see him appearing in any current x-books moving forward.

I think I remember Orlando saying he liked the idea of writing a story about Graymalkin for a lot of reasons that sound like he is going to explore with this character instead.
    Would love to see Graymalkin explored more. Wonder if he'll be part of this?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by johnnysv75 View Post
    Looks great!
    Is there a who’s who for the characters on the cover? I recognize about half of them.
    Starting at top left and working down from there:

Northstar
    Iceman
    Daken
    Christian Frost
    Bling!
    Mercury
    Rictor
    Shatterstar
    Mystique (holding Destiny's mask)
    Striker
    Julie Power
    Tong
    Quasar III (Avril Kincaid)
    Moondragon
    Phyla-Vell
    Hercules
    Marvel Boy (Noh-Varr)
    Hulkling
    Wiccan
    Speed
    Prodigy
    America Chavez
    Alloy
    Fuse
    Aaron Fisher (Captain America)
    Victoria Montesi -- I think. This is the only one I am uncertain of
    Viv Vision
    Dr. Charlene McGowan
    Nico Minoru
    Karolina Dean
    Dr. Toni Ho (Iron Patriot)
    Pod II
    Giant-Man
    Ayo
    Aneka
    Black Cat
    D-Man
    Valkyrie (Runa)
    Sera
    Angela

BANNED

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=118380065

Marvel's new LGBTQ+ character, set to debut in Marvel Voices: Pride, is revealed to be a mutant who apparently had an "extraordinary impact on an x-man long ago"
    That xgene is doing the lord's work and representing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Milton View Post
    I like the cape, but hate the costume. It sounds like he died but will be resurrected on Krakoa, not sure how I feel about that. I can't really see him appearing in any current x-books moving forward.

I think I remember Orlando saying he liked the idea of writing a story about Graymalkin for a lot of reasons that sound like he is going to explore with this character instead.
    Maybe he is from arrako and is one of the mysterious night council members. Will like him to be from that island.

Quote Originally Posted by dirtynun View Post
    Maybe he is from arrako and is one of the mysterious night council members. Will like him to be from that island.
    I hope not I want the arrako mutants to not just look like normal humans. They should have a more distinct look since they developed in a demon realm for thousands of years.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    FINALLY A NEW MUTANT!
    I guess we're just gonna forget about Bei, Genesis, Solem, all those others from the last X-men event?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    I hope not I want the arrako mutants to not just look like normal humans. They should have a more distinct look since they developed in a demon realm for thousands of years.
    Yh that is true but he may also be older than before the time they went into amneth, I think he might be a member of the great ring.

Astonishing Member Grinning Soul's Avatar

I love new characters. But I don't necessarily need all characters to be the protagonists in a comic book. Some of my Marvel's favourite characters are part of the support cast, actually.

Not saying it should be the case for this one in particular. It really depends on their personality and how the writers will develop them.

I'm just saying not having space for all the characters to be protagonists shouldn't be a problem. The problem is that they are created to be protagonists and then writers forget they exist when they’re not.

Quote Originally Posted by silvercover View Post
    I guess we're just gonna forget about Bei, Genesis, Solem, all those others from the last X-men event?
    lol fair enough. I think I have difficulties to accept those ancient uberpowerful beings from another dimension in the category of "mutant".

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=118380065

Marvel's new LGBTQ+ character, set to debut in Marvel Voices: Pride, is revealed to be a mutant who apparently had an "extraordinary impact on an x-man long ago"
    Is that Mystique holding up her dead "wifes" mask? She is definitely not all there. "Maybe she can see this if I hold up her mask."

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lonewolf36 View Post
    He's a dead ringer for Sunspot and I'm not sure how I feel about anyone who isn't stereotypically German being called Olga.