Page 1 of 7 12345 ... LastLast

Default Kenan Kong/Super-Man Appreciation 2021

Since he’s finally getting another story I thought now was the time to make a thread for him:

Make sure to pick up DC Festival of Heroes: The Asian Superhero Celebration where Kenan has a team up with Connor Hawk with Greg Pak doing his first DC work in ages if you’re interested!

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Taken from us before his time. Kenan provides some much needed Asian representation in DC and the Super family.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Taken from us before his time. Kenan provides some much needed Asian representation in DC and the Super family.
    I’m pissed he’s just been dropped, dude was one of the best new characters of the 2010s! I hope Yang uses him in Batman/Superman, or he gets something somewhere else. Also DC needs to put out an omnibus of Yang’s run.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Yeah, looking forward to this new stuff. Here's to hoping it leads to more appearances elsewhere. Such a cool adaptation of the S logo...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    Yeah, looking forward to this new stuff. Here's to hoping it leads to more appearances elsewhere. Such a cool adaptation of the S logo...
    Loved Yang’s tying the S-shield to the concept of qi

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    I’m pissed he’s just been dropped, dude was one of the best new characters of the 2010s! I hope Yang uses him in Batman/Superman, or he gets something somewhere else. Also DC needs to put out an omnibus of Yang’s run.
    I enjoyed the run, too, but I don't think they usually make omnibuses for low-sellers, unfortunately

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    I enjoyed the run, too, but I don't think they usually make omnibuses for low-sellers, unfortunately
    Have you seen some of the omnibuses that come out?

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Oh cool, Connor is already getting another story besides just being in robin!

Since he’s finally getting another story I thought now was the time to make a thread for him:

Make sure to pick up DC Festival of Heroes: The Asian Superhero Celebration where Kenan has a team up with Connor Hawk with Greg Pak doing his first DC work in ages if you’re interested!

its great to see Greg back with Superman. I want him to be given a second run.

Quote Originally Posted by hairys View Post
    They made an Omnibus of The Who’s Who pages from the 1980s! Stuff that is all non-canon now! How many people could’ve possibly bought that? If they can do that they can give me an omnibus of Yang’s New Super-Man run. The guys in the collections department literally just throw darts at a wall when it comes to everything except Batman collections.

They made an Omnibus of The Who’s Who pages from the 1980s! Stuff that is all non-canon now! How many people could’ve possibly bought that? If they can do that they can give me an omnibus of Yang’s New Super-Man run. The guys in the collections department literally just throw darts at a wall when it comes to everything except Batman collections.
    This, and yet we still can't get the O'Neil/Cowan The Question, Wagner/Davis Sandman Mystery Theater or Ostrander/Mandrake Spectre.

Kenan has his original S and not the later yin-yang version. Does that mean Connor's been back since Rebirth, and just not appeared until now? Or did the artist screw up?
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

He popped up in the Asian characters special. He had a fun dynamic with Connor Hawke and I don't mind them hanging out again.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Have you seen some of the omnibuses that come out?
    Yes, and I don't think I'm wrong. They're mostly big-sellers and the reason Kenan won't be omnibi'ed is because he didn't sell well.

I'm rooting for you guys, though. Just think it's very unlikely.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Kenan has his original S and not the later yin-yang version. Does that mean Connor's been back since Rebirth, and just not appeared until now? Or did the artist screw up?
    I think it's more than Kenan's better known with the original S rather than the Yin Yang symbol. Plus it makes him look more Superman that way I think.