Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    My Adventures With Superman, the new cartoon that’s coming next year.
    Didn't know that was a thing.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Didn't know that was a thing.
    Not surprised DC hasn’t really been advertising it. They’ve got a new Batman cartoon to show off instead

Although maybe Kenan could be in Young Justice? Hell I’d take just a cameo, Weisman already shoved every character he could into the show might as well include Kenan too.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Niiice designs! I'm holding out hope they show up in animation or live action!

Astonishing Member

Not surprised DC hasn’t really been advertising it. They’ve got a new Batman cartoon to show off instead

Although maybe Kenan could be in Young Justice? Hell I’d take just a cameo, Weisman already shoved every character he could into the show might as well include Kenan too.
    I mean, can't say that's any different for me, 'cause I didn't know there was a new Batman cartoon, either.

I really would like to see Kenan back in the Superman family. But why haven't we seen him lately? Did something happen?

Quote Originally Posted by Prime View Post
    I really would like to see Kenan back in the Superman family. But why haven't we seen him lately? Did something happen?
    Jon became Superman? Nobody wanted to use Kenan after Yang? For the latter I couldn’t blame them, the dual edged sword of Kenan is that he’s deeply immersed in Chinese culture and mythology. Makes him a great character who stands separate from Clark but it also means unless you’re familiar with the mythology and culture you aren’t going to really be able to do right by him. Wish they’d ask Pak to write him, since they’re recruiting Marvel writers again.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Jon became Superman? Nobody wanted to use Kenan after Yang? For the latter I couldn’t blame them, the dual edged sword of Kenan is that he’s deeply immersed in Chinese culture and mythology. Makes him a great character who stands separate from Clark but it also means unless you’re familiar with the mythology and culture you aren’t going to really be able to do right by him. Wish they’d ask Pak to write him, since they’re recruiting Marvel writers again.
    I wish they'd let Yang give the book another chance.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I wish they'd let Yang give the book another chance.
    Same. I’d take a mini even. But I also think DC is making a mistake not putting out an an anthology book like Urban Legends that showcases the lesser known members of the Superfamily right now including Kenan.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I was hoping that the Kenan story in the Asian Superhero Collection book a bit ago would kick start some interest in him again...
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Right! Can't just give that character to any old writer. Gotta be someone who knows the necessary historical and cultural background. It's really what made that book so special.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Quote Originally Posted by The Frog Bros View Post
    I was hoping that the Kenan story in the Asian Superhero Collection book a bit ago would kick start some interest in him again...
    It was nice to see him but he basically needs to be appearing repeatedly or get adapted in one of the DC media projects going on right now to really get people interested.

Astonishing Member

I remember this. The cover/print that looked like an early concept of Kenan.

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

You guys think there's any chance our guy Kenan is going to show up in Monkey Prince? With Yang onboard, I hope he appears at least once, even if only for a cameo.
    May we never forget:

Quote Originally Posted by Gaius View Post
    Daddy Zeus can hit the bricks.
    Truer words never spoken.

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    You guys think there's any chance our guy Kenan is going to show up in Monkey Prince? With Yang onboard, I hope he appears at least once, even if only for a cameo.
    I’m hopeful, he’d fit in well with the whole mythological cast given his powers are mystical in nature. Someone should ask Yang if Kenan will show up.