Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Korath View Post
    I think it's more than Kenan's better known with the original S rather than the Yin Yang symbol. Plus it makes him look more Superman that way I think.
    It still feels kinda aggravating to me. Thing is, it's like what happened with Robbie Reyes' civilian look. While a lot of folks fell in love with the hair style he started out with at the beginning of his initial run, the character and story progress was that he cut it. And in fact, he had shorter hair, sans the dyed part, longer than he had his original hair. But when he popped back up, folks kept drawing him with his original hair.

It's frustrating because it comes off disrespecting a character's progression. It's especially annoying when it happens to newer characters by writers and artists who fancy themselves the first person to draw/write the character. They'll treat them like blank canvases when they aren't; they have history.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Robanker View Post
    Taken from us before his time. Kenan provides some much needed Asian representation in DC and the Super family.
    Concurred. Kenan's book should be one of those perpetual ongoings that doesn't end but at most just gets relaunched with a new #1.

And not just him, but his whole found-family of the Justice League of China, too. I miss every single one of them.

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Concurred. Kenan's book should be one of those perpetual ongoings that doesn't end but at most just gets relaunched with a new #1.

And not just him, but his whole found-family of the Justice League of China, too. I miss every single one of them.
    Yeah that JL had a really fun (and funny) dynamic. Would be great if they all made an appearance at some point in Batman/Superman. Based on the first few issues, there could be limitless possibilities for various characters throughout the alternate universes.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Finally read Kenan’s story and I enjoyed it. Felt like Pak did a good job of recreating his voice, unsurprising considering he and Yang are close. Hope Kenan gets to show up again, I’m going to ask PKJ if Kenan will be part of the Superman event in Sept.

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

While I can see why people would be fans of his first, more classic-looking Clark Superman 'S', since it looks really good in shots like the above image, I think overall that I really do prefer his Yin-Yang 'S'. The black and white stands out more against his predominately red-orange bodysuit, which makes the yellow 'S' look generic by comparison. And I appreciate how the Yin-Yang 'S' gives Kenan more his own identity as the New Super-Man, while still clearly showcasing that he is a part of the Superman Family.

Personally I think the Yin/Yang s-shield is cooler looking and I prefer it.
    For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Black Belt in Bad Ideas Robanker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Personally I think the Yin/Yang s-shield is cooler looking and I prefer it.
    This. It's visually and conceptually far more interesting.

I like the Yin-yang symbol too.

Astonishing Member

Ugh! I miss this guy so much!

Recall seeing this fanart when I was hungering for cool fanart of Kenan/New Super-Man and his Justice League of China fellows. It can be easy to forget Kenan's own youth (kid is/was 16/17 when he gained his powers, after all, and his fellow Leaguers are literally and visually of contemporary age to him, too). I love fanarts that depict his Superman hunky-ness while also letting through his cute boyish young adult energy. (Again, a lot of folks might not realize that Kenan is that young.)

Would love for college-age Jon to get to know Kenan, as unlikely as that seems to be currently.

Only hope right now of more content for Kenan is that Yang had to step away from Batman/Superman because of an “exciting opportunity”. Nothing says it’s Kenan related but I can hope right?

Still sad this didn’t get greenlit, Kenan appearing in an animated show would've helped to keep him in the spotlight, maybe even encouraged DC to let Yang keep writing his book.

I'm sure we'll see Kenan again .
    This would be a cool team...

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I liked the story in the Asian Superhero Celebration book a few months ago. Was hoping it could be a springboard back to the character for someone to jump on even if Yang's got too much other stuff going on right now.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

I would love a Superman equivalent to the Urban Legends book the Batfamily has. You could use it to showcase characters like Kenan, John Henry Irons, Conner, Tanya Spears, basically the Superfamily members who don’t have their own books right now.