Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Vordan View Post
    Only hope right now of more content for Kenan is that Yang had to step away from Batman/Superman because of an “exciting opportunity”. Nothing says it’s Kenan related but I can hope right?

Still sad this didn’t get greenlit, Kenan appearing in an animated show would've helped to keep him in the spotlight, maybe even encouraged DC to let Yang keep writing his book.
    A Superman Family cartoon not getting greenlit is a huge miss opportunity!

Like you say, having Kenan in the wider reach of animated media would have done wonders for him, especially if the show treated him well. (There's a reason that John Stewart, a one example, has the dedicated fanbase he does, and it sure isn't because of the comics themselves.)

I would love a Superman equivalent to the Urban Legends book the Batfamily has. You could use it to showcase characters like Kenan, John Henry Irons, Conner, Tanya Spears, basically the Superfamily members who don’t have their own books right now.
    I'm down for a Family anthology book .

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I would love a Superman equivalent to the Urban Legends book the Batfamily has. You could use it to showcase characters like Kenan, John Henry Irons, Conner, Tanya Spears, basically the Superfamily members who don’t have their own books right now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm down for a Family anthology book .
    They can and should do this. Definitely have enough characters to make it work.
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

Rereading Kenan’s series and falling back in love with him all over again, he’s hilarious

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Rereading Kenan’s series and falling back in love with him all over again, he’s hilarious

The art on the book was so on-point...

Astonishing Member

This kid was so gloriously awkward, it's endearing!

Astonishing Member The Frog Bros's Avatar

I liked the bit where Kenan met Lex for the first time and the inner dialogue lamented ruining noodles with pasta sauce
    “Look, you can’t put the Superman #77s with the #200s. They haven’t even discovered Red Kryptonite yet. And you can’t put the #98s with the #300s, Lori Lemaris hasn’t even been introduced.” — Sam
    “Where the hell are you from? Krypton?” — Edgar Frog

For when my rants on the forums just aren’t enough: https://thevindicativevordan.tumblr.com/

Astonishing Member

Nice! Where is this from?

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    Nice! Where is this from?
    Saw it floating around Twitter! That’s where I get most of the pics I grab lol. Not sure who made it but damn is it cool. Yang is starting to get his books adapted with American Born Chinese becoming a Netflix show, so now I feel a little more optimistic about Kenan’s chances.

Astonishing Member

Saw it floating around Twitter! That’s where I get most of the pics I grab lol. Not sure who made it but damn is it cool. Yang is starting to get his books adapted with American Born Chinese becoming a Netflix show, so now I feel a little more optimistic about Kenan’s chances.
    I'd love to see the New Super-Man family adapted to media portrayals!

Not crazy about Wonder-Woman's design here compared to her comic look.

I'd love to see the New Super-Man family adapted to media portrayals!
    We’ve come close as seen in the concept art I posted from the Superman Family cartoon pitch. Maybe MAWS will bring Kenan in.

Astonishing Member

We’ve come close as seen in the concept art I posted from the Superman Family cartoon pitch. Maybe MAWS will bring Kenan in.
    What's "MAWS"?

What's "MAWS"?
    My Adventures With Superman, the new cartoon that’s coming next year.