Thread: MST3K Season 13

Talking MST3K Season 13

https://screenrant.com/mystery-scien...rn-fundraiser/

They did it! I really liked the Netflix show really glad it's coming back
    Last edited by choptop; 05-11-2021 at 04:05 PM.

Astonishing Member AndrewCrossett's Avatar

I backed it... in fact, I pledged more than I have to any other Kickstarter ever. That limited edition Satellite of Love snow globe will be mine.

Looks like it will be great, and the Gizmoplex looks interesting. Hopefully they'll attract other related content aside from MST3K.

I backed the first one, this one I didn't notice until the closing hours and as the newer seasons never really caught my interest(and they'd already blown by several times their goal) I didn't bother, honestly I consider Rifftrax to be the spiritual successor to MST3K, I've learned in the years since that the shadow puppet part wasn't the part I really liked about the show so much as Nelson, Murphy, and Corbett's comedic style and chemistry together. That said still happy the original show is continuing.

So what movies would you guys like to see them do this season? My top pick would be troll 2!

They've already announced Demon Squad, Gamera vs. Jiger and Robot Wars.

I'd like to see them do The Green Slime... 1968 Japanese horror movie that Joel used to make the MST3K demo reel back in 1988. They've never done it for real, though.

As a backer I've already seen the first episode... Santo and the Treasure of Dracula. It was up to snuff.

Joel himself will be back in the jumpsuit this season to riff 2 movies, his first since he originally left the show in 1993.

The Gizmoplex has all but 34 of the 200+ episodes up for streaming. There may be more added, though some are in permanent or semi-permanent limbo due to rights issues. (I doubt they'll get the rights to the two Godzilla movies anytime soon.)