Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Largo161 View Post
    I’m confused about how Diana got out of the dragon. What made the dragon throw up?
    im assuming she prodded the uvula

I’m also here to pile on some praise!

Just finished the issue, and this continues to be a solid story so far. I find the mystery of it all to be intriguing, the artwork is beautiful, and Diana’s characterization is spot on. I cannot wait until we see the Valkyries!

Is Cloonan sticking around for a while? I sure hope so.

Becky Cloonan AND Michael Conrad. It's not the first time I saw someone forget that these are two writers.

And I really hope this is the first team that actually sticks around for the long haul, like 4 years at least. They seem to be interested in the larger lore of Wonder Woman and that's something we really need writers to invest in. And I feel like they are the ones to do it based on the fact that their pacing is so freaking strong.

It has been a while since we have scene writers on Wonder Woman stick around for a lengthy period.

Byrne and Loeb had three years on the book each.
    Perez was on the book for five
    Kanigher was on the book for what, twenty?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    It has been a while since we have scene writers on Wonder Woman stick around for a lengthy period.

Byrne and Loeb had three years on the book each.
    Perez was on the book for five
    Kanigher was on the book for what, twenty?
    Azzarello had like 3 years.
    Rucka had a year but 25 issues which is equivalent to 2 years.
    Simone had like 3 years.

But I get what you mean. It feels like it's been a while since we've had creators who seem to care and consistently deliver on the WW book. Funny to note the amount of good will the current creative team is getting considering they've only been on the book for 3 issues and the 2 FS issues (which weren't as good).

Another note - the majority of the WW fanbase and general comics fans seem united in the quality of the book. Or maybe I've only encountered positive reviews. But getting the often fragmented WW fans to agree on something is quite the wondrous feat itself!

Quote Originally Posted by Shimbo View Post
    Another note - the majority of the WW fanbase and general comics fans seem united in the quality of the book. Or maybe I've only encountered positive reviews. But getting the often fragmented WW fans to agree on something is quite the wondrous feat itself!
    I've only seen positive about this run so far too. It's great to finally see us WW fans unite, and the two writers on Twitter are a delight to speak with too.

Quote Originally Posted by SiegePerilous02 View Post
    Great issue. A cool and creepy use of Dr. Psycho, the Norse Gods were neat (cool seeing a sea deity I wasn't familiar with), loved Diana not killing Nidhogg, the use of Deadman was cool and I love the power display of the Valkyries going nuclear. If Gundra makes an appearance next issue, this will be one of hell of a cool first arc.

I think this is quickly developing the potential to be a top 5 WW run. It's already the best since Rucka left. A big part of that is Moore's art and I'm bummed we're getting fill-ins (if he even comes back) the next few issues. But the writing team has got plenty trust from me at this point too.

Even as an amnesiac with a spotty grasp on her powers, this Diana already comes across as more self assured and competent than she did for the duration of the Wilson run (where she was a veteran superhero of at least 10 years).
    The Norse sea god riding a giant crab and him smelling bad reminding her of Aquaman was my favorite bit.

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Becky Cloonan AND Michael Conrad. It's not the first time I saw someone forget that these are two writers.

And I really hope this is the first team that actually sticks around for the long haul, like 4 years at least. They seem to be interested in the larger lore of Wonder Woman and that's something we really need writers to invest in. And I feel like they are the ones to do it based on the fact that their pacing is so freaking strong.
    I liked Michael Conrad's comment about seeing people say Diana's voice felt off, he said he cares about long term reader's opinions and sympathizes with them, but the good thing is they have 80 years worth of stories to find a voice for Diana they like and can reread. It was shady, but in the nicest way possible. lol They have a lot of interesting ideas about continuity and Wonder Woman's longevity too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0BbC8pzEY8s

Lol yeah. Wonder Woman's personality is one of the most inconsistent parts of her history. This one is a bit too upfront with deadly violence for me (I think she should enjoy fighting, but not being deadly), but they even kind of commented on that in this issue with the Dr Psycho confrontation. And even so, it's a minor detail considering all the other positive aspects of her personality. She's playful, she's kind, she's smart, she's eager to act. I'm so excited for issues 776 to see her interact with the faeries, and wear that splendorous dress.

Jill Thompson isn't the artist I wished for though. She has a good style, but it's not my favorite for this book. The right colorist could make a big difference. The one they choose is smart, but I have a feeling that this will look like a children's book.

I'm half expecting Odin to pull The One Ring out his pocket and tell Diana she needs to toss it into Mount Doom.

Quote Originally Posted by Natamaxxx View Post
    I’m also here to pile on some praise!

Just finished the issue, and this continues to be a solid story so far. I find the mystery of it all to be intriguing, the artwork is beautiful, and Diana’s characterization is spot on. I cannot wait until we see the Valkyries!

Is Cloonan sticking around for a while? I sure hope so.
    There's a trade solicitation that goes up to 779, so least 'till then.

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

I thought this run was going to be a pointless filler till Diana would've came back or replaced by another amazon. 3 issues so far, and it's the most enjoyable the WW book has been in ages.

Honestly, I'd go further and say its the most enjoyable direction in the entirety of the Infinite Frontier initiative. To me its a gem within a whole lot of crap.
    "They can be a great people Kal-El, they wish to be. They only lack the light to show the way. For this reason above all, their capacity for good, I have sent them you. My only son." - Jor-El

Ultimate Member Last Son of Krypton's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Sacred Knight View Post
    Honestly, I'd go further and say its the most enjoyable direction in the entirety of the Infinite Frontier initiative. To me its a gem within a whole lot of crap.
    Agreed, it's my favorite book currently published by DC.

I confess for me despite being a huge Wonder Woman fan its a toss up between Wonder Woman and Far Sector for my favorite book of the moment. But I am REALLY loving what we have been getting so far.