Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Oh wow, its been a while since Doctor Psycho pulled out these tricks! Yeah, back in the golden age the whole way his powers worked was making stuff out of Astral matter including people. Even changed his own appearance and made himself an evil Wonder Woman once.
    Im loving this!

A beatiful castle of the valkyries. A surprising appearance from Deadman. Im eager to see what comes next. Given whats been shown so far, I 100% expect we will be seeing Gundra in the next issue. As this creative team seems to have done their homework

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Oh cmon. We all know that little guy is gonna turn out to be the villain. But he is funny
    But having a Loki really adds to the ambiance~

Quote Originally Posted by Alpha View Post
    Oh cmon. We all know that little guy is gonna turn out to be the villain. But he is funny
    I wouldn't be surprised if he was working with the Valkyrie's

Its so weird reading a Wonder Woman book that has a creative team that cares and is trying to have some fun

I've never had this much enjoyment in a Wondy book since Rucka left at the start of Rebirth. Diana's got her charm back and its nice to see her actually know who she is and what she sands for. Can't say I'm a fan of heroes always in a existential crisis about why or how they save people/do what they do. Rat definitely has my guard up, though he's not Loki bad. Seeing Diana fly was soooooo sweet, like months of poor stories where she conveniently forgot she could do that just got the shaft.

Wonder if we'll see Gundra, how the Valkyries will greet Diana, and how this all ties to saving the Norse afterlife.
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

I wonder if they will keep the thing where Gundra is Odins daughter....

Also im totally suspecting Ratatatoskr of being Loki in disguise. In mythology he was big on changing forms and wasn't near as malicious as his Marvel counterpart

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Its so weird reading a Wonder Woman book that has a creative team that cares and is trying to have some fun

I've never had this much enjoyment in a Wondy book since Rucka left at the start of Rebirth. Diana's got her charm back and its nice to see her actually know who she is and what she sands for. Can't say I'm a fan of heroes always in a existential crisis about why or how they save people/do what they do. Rat definitely has my guard up, though he's not Loki bad. Seeing Diana fly was soooooo sweet, like months of poor stories where she conveniently forgot she could do that just got the shaft.

Wonder if we'll see Gundra, how the Valkyries will greet Diana, and how this all ties to saving the Norse afterlife.
    Funny you say that since she conveniently forgot she could do it at the end of the issue. XD Only this time it was for plot reasons because Asgard makes it hard for her to remember things from her life, like her powers.

But Diana repeatedly saying "no" when Psycho was coming at her with the "the real you loves violence" spiel was satisfying.

Also did the Valkyrie's cause an atomic explosion when they fought Siggy? Oh also RIP Siggy. (again...)
    Last edited by I'm a Fish; 05-11-2021 at 12:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Funny you say that since she conveniently forgot she could do it at the end of the issue. XD Only this time it was for plot reasons because Asgard makes it hard for her to remember things from her life, like her powers.

But Diana repeatedly saying "no" when Psycho was coming at her with the "the real you love violence" spiel was satisfying.

Also did the Valkyrie's cause an atomic explosion when they fought Siggy? Oh also RIP Siggy. (again...)
    Lol right, she did "die" and was brought back so I guess its more of once you got everything deal.

Oh yeah, that was sweet too, that's partially what I was saying about heroes not knowing what they are or why they save people. Its why I didn't like GWW's run, Diana was mostly just guessing and unsure of herself, The dialogue came of as pretentious it felt more like Snyder's MoS where Clark was just confused and mopey a lot but at least he had the excuse of it being his first outing.

IDK I'd need to double check, but I would imagine the Norse gods's equivalent to the amazons would have the something to the liking of a holy nuke
    Zaldrīzes Buzdari Iksos Daor

The Valkyrie's came in like literal missiles and then there was a sudden bright light. I guess they are Asgard's nukes.

Quote Originally Posted by Fuzzy Mittens View Post
    I wonder if they will keep the thing where Gundra is Odins daughter....

Also im totally suspecting Ratatatoskr of being Loki in disguise. In mythology he was big on changing forms and wasn't near as malicious as his Marvel counterpart
    Makes sense. I do hope you're right about it being loki but loki being playful mischievous

Extraordinary Member Dr. Poison's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Nyssane View Post
    3 issues in and I haven't been this excited for the main title since Rucka's Rebirth run.

If we don't get Gundra at this point I'll be crushed. They're setting up the Valkyries as major players and Gundra is essential.

I will be very shocked if Gundra doesn't show up soon as the creators seem like big fans of the rogues. I also haven't been this excited about the book for a while(probably Orlando's run) and before that Rucka's. The characterization and pacing of story are both done very well. I really enjoyed Deadman and Dr. Psycho's appearances. Deadman being the mystery helper makes so much sense and I'm thrilled that they went with him instead of some random new character.
    Currently(or soon to be) Reading: Alan Scott: Green Lantern, Batman/Superman: World's Finest, Fire & Ice: Welcome to Smallville, Green Arrow, Green Lantern, Jay Garrick: The Flash, Justice Society of America, Power Girl, Superman, Shazam, Titans, Wesley Dodds: Sandman, Wonder Woman, & World's Finest: Teen Titans.

The Amazons and Valkyries are offshoots of each other which I think is why Diana will be able to be in their presence. They hammered home the point about their isolation but it could also be Diana's immortality that grants her entry into the crystal.

It was nice to see her reveling in being Wonder Woman for once and oh so resolute in what she stood for.

Already this is an amazing run and a future classic Wonder Woman epic.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by I'm a Fish View Post
    Also, yeah there must be some error with the digital issue since there’s no backup but the cover freaking says it’s there.
    Hopefully they’ll fix it soon.
    It's been fixed.

Extraordinary Member Primal Slayer's Avatar

These past issues have been so refreshing. I actually enjoy reading WW again and am enticed by the story unfolding with each story.

Thus far with everything going on, this seems like it would make for a good DTV adaption.

Ultimate Member SiegePerilous02's Avatar

Great issue. A cool and creepy use of Dr. Psycho, the Norse Gods were neat (cool seeing a sea deity I wasn't familiar with), loved Diana not killing Nidhogg, the use of Deadman was cool and I love the power display of the Valkyries going nuclear. If Gundra makes an appearance next issue, this will be one of hell of a cool first arc.

I think this is quickly developing the potential to be a top 5 WW run. It's already the best since Rucka left. A big part of that is Moore's art and I'm bummed we're getting fill-ins (if he even comes back) the next few issues. But the writing team has got plenty trust from me at this point too.

Quote Originally Posted by masterwitcher88 View Post
    Oh yeah, that was sweet too, that's partially what I was saying about heroes not knowing what they are or why they save people. Its why I didn't like GWW's run, Diana was mostly just guessing and unsure of herself, The dialogue came of as pretentious it felt more like Snyder's MoS where Clark was just confused and mopey a lot but at least he had the excuse of it being his first outing.
    Even as an amnesiac with a spotty grasp on her powers, this Diana already comes across as more self assured and competent than she did for the duration of the Wilson run (where she was a veteran superhero of at least 10 years).

I’m confused about how Diana got out of the dragon. What made the dragon throw up?
    “You see…the rest of them are soldiers. But [Wonder Woman] is an artist.”

I only support the made of clay origin.