Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ChrisIII View Post
    Kind of think they sort of went with the "Dark Peter Parker" angle for Eddie in the Raimi film (Despite their Newspaper background, Parker and Eddie are quite different in the comics-Eddie for one, is far more brute strength and more spiritual), which was kind of redundant because Peter was somewhat already evil himself under the influence of the suit.
    Tobey Maguire acting did not help either. honestly Spiderman 3 was quite a pretty mess . However I liked this scene for the visual direction, though hated the final 3rd arc battle.

Rami captured the VFX of what Venom should be than the actual movie in 2018 but some of his direction with Tobey was not very good, like this scene peter is just lying down...um..waiting for venom to assault him. How we see this as an audience was bad direction from Raimi

Personally, I think the scene where Eddie bonds with the symbiote and lunges towards the screen should have been at the end of the movie; leading into Spider-Man 4 where the character of Venom could have been fleshed-out even more.

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay View Post
    Personally, I think the scene where Eddie bonds with the symbiote and lunges towards the screen should have been at the end of the movie; leading into Spider-Man 4 where the character of Venom could have been fleshed-out even more.
    On the other hand, since the series stopped at three, maybe it was a blessing in disguise that there weren't any loose ends. Say what you will about the movie, it does resolve all the dangling plot threads and provides a sense of closure. For being the accidental end, it does feel like an actual end of a single story that doesn't "need" a continuation we'll never get.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Donkey Hotay View Post
    yes, I agree. Spiderman 3 had 3 villians. Venom, Goblin and Sandman. it was way too much. they should have taken out one. Venom would have been the best one to take out.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Funny, but I always thought that, uncovering Topher Grace's face aside, that it he mostly pulled it off, esp. considering that it was trying to compress a story that works best over a series into one film.
    I'm probably one of the few ones who genuinely enjoyed Spider-Man 3 and all of its plot lines. And I rather loved their take on Venom and the Symbiote in the vicarious way one does for such villain characters. The end where Topher Grace's Eddie jumped back into Venom in order to try to rebond with it just as it was exploding was a pretty powerful scene, in my opinion.

Like I said, I think Venom works best in a serialized format, where it can be set up as a long plot (IMHO, the Spectacular cartoon did it best). Some things didn't work as well as others, but I think all the beats were hit, and it was a plot thread that ran through the hole movie, instead of one that came and went like the others did. But that's me.
    The resolution of the Venom arc in Spectacular was awful though. Good set up, but the pay off...ugh.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Castle View Post
    yes, I agree. Spiderman 3 had 3 villians. Venom, Goblin and Sandman. it was way too much. they should have taken out one. Venom would have been the best one to take out.
    Way too many. Two villains is incredibly hard to do well because one always ends up playing second fiddle to the other (Two-Face was second banana to Riddled for example in Batman Forever).

The sad thing is - Spider-man 3 had the potential to be a great film. But it just has too many plot threads going on. Venom should have been saved for a follow up film and they were absolutely open to doing a fourth because they considered breaking 3 up into two parts at numerous points. No way was 3 intended to be the end.

I could see what they were going for, but Topher was a poor choice for Venom in my mind. You could definitely tell his inclusion was a after thought for Raimi as his is the least developed out of the 3 villains on show.

Quote Originally Posted by J. D. Guy View Post
    I'm probably one of the few ones who genuinely enjoyed Spider-Man 3 and all of its plot lines. And I rather loved their take on Venom and the Symbiote in the vicarious way one does for such villain characters. The end where Topher Grace's Eddie jumped back into Venom in order to try to rebond with it just as it was exploding was a pretty powerful scene, in my opinion.
    I thought so too. The arc of Venom and Eddie Brock was introduced, fleshed out and finished in a satisfying way. Compare that with Electro in ASM2 and Spider-Man 3 looks like Wagnerian opera.
    Every day is a gift, not a given right.

Quote Originally Posted by Vakanai View Post
    The resolution of the Venom arc in Spectacular was awful though. Good set up, but the pay off...ugh.
    Sure, but the initial arc is as good as it gets.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Sure, but the initial arc is as good as it gets.
    True, everything up before that was fairly good. Great lead up. If only they had stuck the landing (I know some fans are fine with the show's resolution of the plot, but I found it so cheesy and corny and groan worthy...to me, it basically ended like an episode of Care Bears).

True, everything up before that was fairly good. Great lead up. If only they had stuck the landing (I know some fans are fine with the show's resolution of the plot, but I found it so cheesy and corny and groan worthy...to me, it basically ended like an episode of Care Bears).
    Well, the show was canceled before its time.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Well, the show was canceled before its time.
    Just talking about the first season's resolution of the Venom arc. The series resolution was fine for a resolution, but it was a sad shame to lose the show. Especially since the series since have not been the greatest...

Just talking about the first season's resolution of the Venom arc. The series resolution was fine for a resolution, but it was a sad shame to lose the show. Especially since the series since have not been the greatest...
    Dunno, it seemed more like the end of a chapter then the series as a whole, but that's me.
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

A good pitch for a Venom franchise would be "Breaking Bad with superpowers". Eddie is on a journey to becoming a villian, he just doesn't know it yet. You could make him an antagonist in the MCU but an antihero in his movies. Alot of his spinoff comics are him trying to atone for past mistakes. That might help keep the character interesting in multiple sequels.

In Breaking Bad, Walter's brother-in-law works for the DEA. The early part in season 5 is Hank finding out. Hank becomes an antivillian going after Walter. A hero antagonist if you will.

So that's you could handle Venom versus Spiderman. Although I don't think you have to use Tom Holland or even Peter Parker.

The Marvel Universe has a ton of spider-people and that's not even counting the Spider-verse. You could bring in whichever Spiderperson you want and mold them to fit whatever character you are doing.