Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dragon1440 View Post
    My first thought also!!!! Plus Brian is looking down at the stomach to with a huge smile....
    I would much rather have her as an active member of the team instead of pregnant again.
    A picture would last longer darling...

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by PopCulturePooka View Post
    I hate what Shogo has done to Jubilees character even worse than vampirifcation.
    it's not fun at all.
    Shogo hasn't "done" anything to Jubilee"s character. It's some of these Riders using shovel as an excuse to Sidelines Jubilee or for some reason turn her into a worrying mother stereotype. As was said before Brian would did a really good job of making Shogo a symbol of jubilees maturity and reliability while at the same time giving Shogo pretty interesting backstory.

Tini being the worst offender of this Jubilee barely has any personality of her own it has been regulated to "Shogo's mother" not too shocking considering how she writes Gambit and Rouge. I don't blame any of that on Shogo and considering show go eventually grows up to be one of the few human members of the X-Men as well as a super genius I really can't wait for a writer to write both character's correctly.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MentalManipulator View Post
    I would much rather have her as an active member of the team instead of pregnant again.
    I also immediately thought of Meggan being pregnant upon seeing these preview pages. Frankly, I don't see what it would add to the characters unless Tini's intent is to cement Betsy as Captain Britain by saddling Brian with other commitments to make it unlikely for him to reclaim the mantle. Which seems to be totally unnecessary.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    Shogo hasn't "done" anything to Jubilee"s character. It's some of these Riders using shovel as an excuse to Sidelines Jubilee or for some reason turn her into a worrying mother stereotype. As was said before Brian would did a really good job of making Shogo a symbol of jubilees maturity and reliability while at the same time giving Shogo pretty interesting backstory.

Tini being the worst offender of this Jubilee barely has any personality of her own it has been regulated to "Shogo's mother" not too shocking considering how she writes Gambit and Rouge. I don't blame any of that on Shogo and considering show go eventually grows up to be one of the few human members of the X-Men as well as a super genius I really can't wait for a writer to write both character's correctly.
    It makes sense that she'd worry, because she's someone who's lost her entire family before and still bears the scars of that. But that reasoning isn't expressed in any way.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Jean's just a riot. She's got all these AU kids running around, Rachel, Cable, Nate, and she's not actually given birth to any of them. Hell of a way to avoid stretch marks...
    I ask the ladies who are reading this to forgive me, please. I laughed too hard when I got to this part.

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    Ok, it is official, Shogo is Jubilee secondary mutation, she can’t even get a Galà night for herself

the worst part of it: he will never grow up. Poor Jubilee will be a mother of toddler for the rest of her damn life in the Marvel universe. lol

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Exodus View Post
    the worst part of it: he will never grow up. Poor Jubilee will be a mother of toddler for the rest of her damn life in the Marvel universe. lol
    Yup, Until some day when he gets trapped in some whatchamacallit dimension or gets hit with some thing-ma-jig ray and turns 12 years old.

Astonishing Member

Maybe I shouldn't bring this up here but . . .

That can be seen just as much as an issue with the continuous "ageless" publication of mainstream American superhero characters as much as an issue with Shogo himself. I know I've been seeing it as more and more of a flawed system lately.

Again, maybe not the right place for such a conversation.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Yup, Until some day when he gets trapped in some whatchamacallit dimension or gets hit with some thing-ma-jig ray and turns 12 years old.
    Or...He gives in completely to his Dragon Self in Otherworld and Jubilee tearfully lets him go and be happy, with the promise to visit regularly.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Or...He gives in completely to his Dragon Self in Otherworld and Jubilee tearfully lets him go and be happy, with the promise to visit regularly.
    yeah that would be best way to take him out - Shogo needs to go

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    I agree.

...to daycare. I'm surprised Jubes can't find a friend to babysit him when she's gone. An in-lighthouse nanny or some such.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

I agree.

...to daycare. I'm surprised Jubes can't find a friend to babysit him when she's gone. An in-lighthouse nanny or some such.
    I like Shogo for one big reason: He keeps them from deaging Jubilee again. She has been around 32 years. Let the girl grow up already.

That said... It's clear that Brian and Meggan have hired a babysitter for Maggie. Why can't the baby sitter watch Shogo, too? SHOGO IS OLDER THAN SHE IS! (At least he is supposed to be.)

Just stop taking Lil' Dude to Otherworld. Sure, the first time dragon thing was cool, but anytime after that was just plain irresponsible.

And if this series ends without a confrontation between Jubilee and Saturnyne, this whole thing will have been a waste. Nearly kill her child AND hold him hostage? The Starlight Citadel should have been radioactive rubble by now.

Astonishing Member

Or given to a foster family and forgotten with a 50/50 chance he comes back as villain in 10 years when a writer remembers he was a thing and believes it will make for a good story to drag him out again for meaningless drama.

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    This is the worse way, totl character assassination. Shogo is a kid and should be treated as such

Incredible Member

Or maybe Jubilee has taken a look at the rest of the GenX crowd and decided she doesn't want to be part of that nonsense (Pixie going and getting her head blown off) anymore. She'ld rather spend her time with her kid.
    Last edited by rcaguy; 05-22-2021 at 11:41 AM.