Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
    Incredible Member

huh even brian is just wearing his hero costume instead of formal wear and his whole family are mutants and attending in gala wear. maybe it is actually a plot point that the human heroes were asked to come in costume.

Quote Originally Posted by Rnap22 View Post
    I pray it’s Shatterstar, it it’s probably Cullen.
    I miss them together! I have to re-read Peter David’s X-Factor soon.

Just give this kid back to his Dad. I don’t care if he’s evil. This whole “Jubilee as a mom” act was cute for that first arc it was introduced. Now it’s hindering her character. (IMO)
    This baby has been the equivalent of “deaths by a thousand cuts” for her character.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This baby has been the equivalent of “deaths by a thousand cuts” for her character.
    Yeah the child has been annoying - send Shogo into the future so he can return as an adult haha

I hope Betsy doesn't put up with the bullshit the Coven & Xavier are throwing around

Art looks so good here

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post
    Yeah the child has been annoying - send Shogo into the future so he can return as an adult haha

I hope Betsy doesn't put up with the bullshit the Coven & Xavier are throwing around

Art looks so good here
    I have never been a fan of the writing, but Excalibur has the best art of the X-books.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by PsychicScion View Post

Art looks so good here
    Man, I hate this Coven stuff. So Britain sees a mutant with British and Krakoan citizenship a problem, but is ok with witches having their hands in the government?

Man it is like you guys forgot that Shogo almost got killed in other world 3 times then got kidnapped by Saturyne

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Man it is like you guys forgot that Shogo almost got killed in other world 3 times then got kidnapped by Saturyne
    Yeah. That’s why she should dump this kid at an orphanage. Someone should call Krakoan Child Protective Services. And then throw Jubes in the pit with Sabertooth for human child endangerment

Quote Originally Posted by Kingdom X View Post
    Krakoa needs better child care services cause there is no reason for Shogo to be at the function!
    The kids are letting themselves be killed on the idea that they will immediately be brought back as well as taking videos of it to show later...i think they need more than CCS.

Fantastic Member

Just give this kid back to his Dad. I don’t care if he’s evil. This whole “Jubilee as a mom” act was cute for that first arc it was introduced. Now it’s hindering her character. (IMO)
    I was going to say Shogo ruined Jubilee but .... before this she lost all her friends in Gen X, was depowered, and turned into a vampire.

Despite all of that the Shogo arc has still been her worst. All she does now everything is Shogo. She can't be her own character anymore.

It's definitely hindering her character as it's become her whole character.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    I kinda know how that feels, I've got five of the buggers.

Quote Originally Posted by Whim View Post
    I was going to say Shogo ruined Jubilee but .... before this she lost all her friends in Gen X, was depowered, and turned into a vampire.

Despite all of that the Shogo arc has still been her worst. All she does now everything is Shogo. She can't be her own character anymore.

It's definitely hindering her character as it's become her whole character.
    Seems like writers doesn't know how to write moms. Jean also has a serious problem about her motherhood being bad to her

Yeah. That’s why she should dump this kid at an orphanage. Someone should call Krakoan Child Protective Services. And then throw Jubes in the pit with Sabertooth for human child endangerment
    What CPS? Kids on krakoa are all by theirselves

only some new mutants are taking care and aren't doing a great job, they are young adults without experience and support
    Last edited by Rang10; 05-11-2021 at 03:30 PM.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Goddess, Clan Akkaba needs to be eradicated...permanently. They're such a ****-waste of space.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Rang10 View Post
    Seems like writers doesn't know how to write moms. Jean also has a serious problem about her motherhood being bad to her.
    Or dads, for that matter. The gold standard for comic book dads is that the kid disappears as a baby (or is never even known to exist in the first place) and then doesn't show up in the 'dad's' life until they are a teenager or adult, so the super-hero dad never actually has to *parent.*

Happens to everyone. Batman, Cyclops, even Superman now has a grown-up kid and missed half of his childhood. (Granted, they are all just following in the footsteps of their own parents. They all lost their dads early, to death or space-piracy, because comic book characters don't just not get to be parents, but they don't get to *have* parents either!)

Jean's just a riot. She's got all these AU kids running around, Rachel, Cable, Nate, and she's not actually given birth to any of them. Hell of a way to avoid stretch marks...

I actually kind of like those rare super-characters who have utterly normal parental situations, like Bobby or Hank. Everyone else? Dead / absent parents. Scott, Jean, Ororo, Logan, Piotr, Sean, Warren, etc.

And then there's the ones I don't even know. Did Jubilee or Rictor ever even have parents? Betsy and Brian? Rogue and Remy? I mean, sure, they must have come from somewhere, but for all their parents have mattered to their storylines over the last few decades, they might as well have been hatched from eggs.

Incredible Member Infernal-Ginger's Avatar

Man, I hate this Coven stuff. So Britain sees a mutant with British and Krakoan citizenship a problem, but is ok with witches having their hands in the government?
    I love magic related stories...and I love Otherworld but this Coven is just annoying & uninteresting .... I would rather the Morgana storyline had gone on than the Coven storyline

I would still like to see Amanda Sefton pop up