Default The Master vs Darkseid

The Master has his Type-45 TARDIS. He is on the moon in the main Earth universe, Pre-Crisis DC multiverse.

Pre-Crisis Darkseid is on Apokolips.

Stipulation: The Master as much knowledge of the Pre-Crisis DC universe as he does of his own, that is, equally at home with its cosmic secrets.

Victory conditions:

* For Darkseid to win, he must kill the Master and destroy the TARDIS.

* For the Master to draw, he merely needs to survive.

* For the Master to win, he must kill Darkseid.

"Kill" needn't mean permeant death, as both characters are immortal. But it should necessitate the loser's self-resurrection abilities.

Who takes it? Or just discuss possible outcomes.

Rumbles Limbo Champion big_adventure's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    The Master has his Type-45 TARDIS. He is on the moon in the main Earth universe, Pre-Crisis DC multiverse.

Pre-Crisis Darkseid is on Apokolips.

Stipulation: The Master as much knowledge of the Pre-Crisis DC universe as he does of his own, that is, equally at home with its cosmic secrets.

Victory conditions:

* For Darkseid to win, he must kill the Master and destroy the TARDIS.

* For the Master to draw, he merely needs to survive.

* For the Master to win, he must kill Darkseid.

"Kill" needn't mean permeant death, as both characters are immortal. But it should necessitate the loser's self-resurrection abilities.

Who takes it? Or just discuss possible outcomes.
    The Master with a TARDIS should be able to play keep-away forever.
    "But... But I want to be a big karate cyborg... ;_;" - Nik Hasta
    "Get off my lawn! ...on this forum, that just makes people think of Cyclops." - Sharpandpointies
    "...makes me think the Night King just says "Screw the rules, I have magic money" when it comes to physics." -Captain Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by big_adventure View Post
    The Master with a TARDIS should be able to play keep-away forever.
    Can't Omega Beams travel through time?

And we know Darkseid only has to think about which target he wants to hit and the beams automatically zero-in on it.

Legendary God of Pirates Nik Hasta's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Shai-Hulud View Post
    Can't Omega Beams travel through time?

And we know Darkseid only has to think about which target he wants to hit and the beams automatically zero-in on it.
    While the beams can send other things through time on contact, I don't recall an occasion when the beams themselves have tracked a target through time in pursuit.

But then I'm not an authority on the minutiae of Pre Crisis Darkseid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nik Hasta View Post
    While the beams can send other things through time on contact, I don't recall an occasion when the beams themselves have tracked a target through time in pursuit.

But then I'm not an authority on the minutiae of Pre Crisis Darkseid.
    That would be one of the key questions then. If Darkseid can't do that, the Master probably stalemates, I would guess.

If Darkseid can send the beams through time, the next question would be if the beams can "catch" the TARDIS, and whether or not they can penetrate TARDIS shields.

Also, does Pre-Crisis Darkseid have any other resources that can pursue the Master through time? Can't Pre-Crisis Daxamites travel through time, like PC Superman can? Could Darkseid mentally control a few thousand of them and send them after the TARDIS? IIRC he controlled a billion of them once, didn't he?

The thing here is that both contestants have so many capabilities and options.

Astonishing Member Captain Morgan's Avatar

Apokalips tech should probably be able to track someone time traveling, given the nonsense it has done over the years goes all the way up to rebooting the universe. But I'm not sure if there are feats for that specifically and if they were part of the pre crisis continuity.